[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ben Watson

Avernus

Sep 6 Mike Reiss, of the Boston Globe, reports New England Patriots QB Tom Brady believes he and TE Benjamin Watson will likely be able to build solid chemistry in the absence of WR Deion Branch (holdout). "Ben probably gets more opportunity than anyone else," Brady said. "He's really a focal point of the passing game, because of the way he's stepped up his level of play the last season. Ben and I have definitely grown a lot this past year. He's taking great strides. I'm excited to see the kind of year he could have. He could be a real dominant player."

I took him at 8.10 this past Monday night and backed him up two rounds later with Ben Troupe at 10.10. Both of them seem to be primed for breakout seasons, so hopefully at least one of them will step up for me.

I'm not concerned about Graham or Kinney.

I have the same exact duo so I hope it works out for both of us.

I took him at 8.10 this past Monday night and backed him up two rounds later with Ben Troupe at 10.10. Both of them seem to be primed for breakout seasons, so hopefully at least one of them will step up for me.

I'm not concerned about Graham or Kinney.

I thought Troupe would be good until I looked at that qb mess! Who was a great receiver at Oakland last year?

LaMont Jordan was...he was the sure thing out the backfield...a decent target with good hands...

enter Ben Troupe..

Okay I will give you this. Lamont was the best receiver and he did a great job, but his primary job was to run the ball. Of all the wr's and te's who were supposed catch the ball, nobody stands out, and this is with Collins at the helm! I would very much like to see Troupe have a stand out year, but I don't see it happening.

Okay I will give you this. Lamont was the best receiver and he did a great job, but his primary job was to run the ball. Of all the wr's and te's who were supposed catch the ball, nobody stands out, and this is with Collins at the helm! I would very much like to see Troupe have a stand out year, but I don't see it happening.

I disagree...while I don't see gates type numbers, I see him becoming a stud TE this year if he stays healthy....

I don't see how he can't..

got him with 11.1 in a start four wr, but no mandatory TE, league...ill be starting him

Hopefully, those are the words of an insightful local insider -- not just the ravings of a rabid homer -- as I'd picked Watson as one who would climb the ladder to a level significantly above his draft position this year. I'm starting him.

I think, right now given the WR corps(e), he's Brady's best option ... a similar situation to the role Gonzo has played in KC and Gates in SD ... While I don't think he'll put up those numbers, I do see him as rolling in just behind Gates, Gonzo, Heap, and maybe Shockey this year ...