[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My thoughts after Week 1

GWPFFL BrianW

Either Cal was really overrated, or Tennessee was really underrated. I tend to think that Cal was a bit overrated myself. #9? Based on what? Lou Holtz and his old a$$ was sitting here talking about how the Bears were the class of the Pac 10? Over SC? Gimme a break. I hate to say this, but bring back Trev Alberts. Holtz is terrible.

And Notre Dame? Good luck vs PSU. If you can only put up 14 points on Ga Tech, PSU should pose a much better threat to them. Ga Tech clearly blew that game. Um hello, Reggie Ball... u have arguablly the best receiver in the nation, and Notre Dame is helpless in stopping him... THROW HIM THE FOOTBALL! The playcalling from Patrick Nix wasn't exactly stellar either. ND was VERY fortunate to win this game.

And for all the haters of USC thinking they were gonna be helpless without the slew of NFL talent they lost? I think we can all tell that the cupboard isn't bare. Arkansas is not bad, and as we saw from the other Pac 10 teams going into SEC country, Fayetteville isn't exactly an easy place to play, not to mention the fact that it was a revenge game for the Hogs. USC started off slow, but then just turned it on.

Ohio State and Texas both looked extremely good against awful competition, and it should be fun in Austin next week.

And sarge, you're ripping on the Pac 10... muhahahahahahahha, better take a look at the defending Big 12 North Champions. Losing to Montana State?!?! I mean, Cal was just in for a rude awakening in Knoxville, and Wazzu shouldn't at all feel ashamed to lose to the team I consider to be the #1 team in the nation Auburn in jordan hare. Colorado losing to DIVISION IAA Montana State? Montana State aint even the best team in Montana. I'm sorry, but thats pathetic. I don't care that Colorados program is down, you lose to a Division 1AA team, its pathetic. And again, i plea to ESPN... REPLACE Lou Holtz! We don't need another Beano Cook! At least Beano shows up for a small little cameo to lick some Irish balls, and tell us how Jimmy Clausen will win 4 heismans, but it's only for a few minutes. We got to listen to Lou Holtz all freakin' day. At least with Trev, he said some idiotic things, but he made it entertaining while doing so. And while I'm ragging on commentators, what is with the lovefest for Bob Davie? He gets more and more high profile games every year. Now he's on ABC primetime? Please tell me it was just for the ND-GT game so we could listen to him 2nd guess the head coaches at every turn. HEY BOB, thats why you're in the booth pal, you couldn't hack it!

All in all, pretty boring weekend. It will definately pick up in Week 2 (PSU-ND, TEX-O$U), and certainly in Week 3.

I'd agree with most of what you said. I think Lou is there only for ESPN's older demographic - old farts still revere him for taking 2 diff. programs to a national title. I just can't stand the lisp...

And Sarge is still just bitter about his boys getting beat 55-19 by USC - it still hurts, and I understand...

I don't really care how the rest of the PAC10 does, as long as USC beats them all. Cal was overrated. SEC is easily the best overall conference, and has been for some time, but how many went on the road against top teams in week 1? Hmm, not many - a safer way to go. USC has gone on the road now for openers vs. Auburn, VaTech and Arkansas - not the easy way, and therefore more deserving of respect than the haters like Sarge give them.

IMHO, any of the following teams could get to the big game in January: OSU, Auburn, TX, OU, USC, ND, Miami - but haven't seen the 'Canes play yet. They all have weaknesses, and there are no locks like last year.

I'd agree with most of what you said. I think Lou is there only for ESPN's older demographic - old farts still revere him for taking 2 diff. programs to a national title. I just can't stand the lisp...

And Sarge is still just bitter about his boys getting beat 55-19 by USC - it still hurts, and I understand...

I don't really care how the rest of the PAC10 does, as long as USC beats them all. Cal was overrated. SEC is easily the best overall conference, and has been for some time, but how many went on the road against top teams in week 1? Hmm, not many - a safer way to go. USC has gone on the road now for openers vs. Auburn, VaTech and Arkansas - not the easy way, and therefore more deserving of respect than the haters like Sarge give them.

IMHO, any of the following teams could get to the big game in January: OSU, Auburn, TX, OU, USC, ND, Miami - but haven't seen the 'Canes play yet. They all have weaknesses, and there are no locks like last year.

IM not bitter about anything. I spew venom everywhere. Not just against the pathetic Pac-10. Ask OSU, Perch, and anyone who thinks ND is worth a shi*t.