[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Notre Dame is going DOWN !

Menudo

While I don't think Saturday will be a walk in the park. I do think Brady Quinn will play better and ND will show Penn State that ND is not Akron.

You keep bringing up Akron....my reason for thinking Penn State will win Saturday has nothing to do with their beating Akron. I think Penn State is being overlooked by the media and is MUCH better than what the polls are showing, and, though Notre Dame is a great team, I feel they are vastly overated every year by the media and in the polls.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as polls go I am a believer that the first polls shouldn't come out until mid October. Nobody knows how good anyone is yet. Cal sure didn't look like the #9 team to me.

Agreed.

Looks like everyone is adopting a wait and see attitude with the Nittany Lions. Still 19th in both polls. That means when they win this weekend, everyone will say they beat a soft ND team and we'll only move up one or two spots in the polls. :D

Again Pope I must ask you, what has Notre Dame even done in the Weis era other than lose a close game vs USC last year? Sorry but Georgia Tech pretty much did everything they could to lose that game. The "vaunted" Irish defense looked absolutely helpless when Reggie Ball (ROFL 3rd round pick? DREAM ON!) remembered that he had Calvin Johnson on his team. If Notre Dame is lucky enough to survive Penn State (which I don't think they will) they will certainly lose to Michigan who will be very hungry after (like Ga Tech) doing everything in there power to lose to the Irish last year.

I had a great response written the other day, but inadvertently closed the browser window.

The long and short is this: Weis' accomplishments thus far has been the restoration of football competence that has been missing since the waning days of Holtz, when he was starting to 'lose it.' Davie and Willingham do not win this past weekend, even with the same players. Much of your above post is correct, this has yet to truly manifest itself on the field. I think it will this year, and we're about to find out.

As expected, watching Notre Dame play Georgia Tech, they are vastly over-rated. I am so glad that they got that win so that Penn State can be the first one to put an exclamation point on how over-rated they are. Other than the run blocking, I was very happy with Penn State's performance against Akron. I was there and despite the rain, it was a lot of fun. Penn State's offensive weapons are vast with Derrick Williams, Deion Butler, Norwood, Chris Bell, Wallace, & Hunt. Morelli is the real deal. Defensively, the secondary looked good, but, will be in for a test this Saturday. The defensive line did decent, and all we need from them is to occupy lineman and allow Connor, Pozluzny, & Shaw make the plays. I look for Penn State to take the win in South Bend. Now, two weeks later, I think the Nittany Lions are in trouble against the Buckeyes, but, I think I am going to enjoy Saturday.....

WE ARE.....................

PENN STATE !!!!!!!!!!!

Let's see............ND @ GT Sat Night Prime Time and Penn State home against Akron? Ummmmmm? I wouldn't chirp too much about that win if I were you. ND vs Penn St will be a good game no doubt but opening against Akron at home is a joke. Had Penn St gone to Atlanta and played a real team they would probably be 0-1 right now.

I saw ND put together two 14 play drives that ended in TD's against a very good tech defense. Right out of the NE play book! I saw ND's defense rise to the challenge. I also saw GT players standing around with their hands on their hips huffing and puffing. Had we a kicker that could make a field goal it would have been a 10pt margin. I'll take that any day on the road in such a hostile enviroment against a good team. Penn State is walking into a lions den Sat. Trust me.....Charlie Weis and Co will be ready!

ND 31, PSU 17. At best...

Even if it was a toss-up game, I'd put my money on the more experienced QB (and at home!), especially in early season games. That means Quinn here and Smith down in Austin. That is straight up - I don't pay much attention to spreads...

Edited by Coffeeman

ND 31, PSU 17. At best...

Even if it was a toss-up game, I'd put my money on the more experienced QB (and at home!), especially in early season games. That means Quinn here and Smith down in Austin. That is straight up - I don't pay much attention to spreads...

I agree with your sentiments about the experienced QB, but don't make the mistake of underestimating Morelli or this Penn State defense. This game will be a lot closer than most people think.

They'll beat Penn State, then lose to MICHIGAN STATE like they always do. HAHAHAHA.

Remember when MSU planted the flag last yr in the middle of the field at Notre Dame's house??? Welcome to College football Charlie!!!!!!!

But, Notre Dame is overrated (as always) along with Michigan.........

Edited by showtyme5

It's all about the defenses. Penn State has a better defense, therefore should win.

Well, sort of. But the flip side of this argument goes to my point: if the Ds are better overall on most team (vs. the O's) early in the year, you can replace starters easier with good 'reactive' athletes on that side of the ball. The O's take longer to gel. So an experienced QB with Brady-like leadership qualities can really help his team in a close one. Quinn is no Brady, but he's a lot closer than the new PSU kid. QB is the hardest position to replace on any team.

And yes, we can 'round and 'round on this if you like...

Edit: Like last night's NFL game: many people gave the edge to MIA due to C-Pep, but Batch turned out to be the better QB between the 2, as really both were inexperienced with the # of reps with that exact group. More reps with the same group = better production, bottomline. The Pitt D was no doubt better but they were on their way to losing, until... you could argue the MIA D gave up the game by letting HMiller get behind them on the big play (idiots). So we could keep arguing...

Edited by Coffeeman

Edit: Like last night's NFL game: many people gave the edge to MIA due to C-Pep, but Batch turned out to be the better QB between the 2, as really both were inexperienced with the # of reps with that exact group. More reps with the same group = better production, bottomline. The Pitt D was no doubt better but they were on their way to losing, until... you could argue the MIA D gave up the game by letting HMiller get behind them on the big play (idiots). So we could keep arguing...

I think last nights game also lends credence to the "PSU Defense" theory. The Steelers more impressive, faster, cohesive "better" defense last night, had a direct impact on CPep's performance. Key interceptions stopped critical drives for MIA. If PSU can stop Darius Walker and disrupt Quinn, I believe it will be a Nittany Lion W ath the final gun. BLAH BLAH I tend to ramble. I just think the better D is going to prevail here. PSU

my .02

Oops...... :lol:

:lol:

Very disappointing ! Don't understand sending 4 people, no blitzes and trying to play a zone behind it , every single play..... :D

:brew::woot::brow:

:D

WE ARE..........

GETTING KILLED !!!!!!!!!

Oops...... :lol:

:brew:

Very disappointing ! Don't understand sending 4 people, no blitzes and trying to play a zone behind it , every single play..... :D

:woot::brow::pop:

:D

WE ARE..........

GETTING KILLED !!!!!!!!!

People give you alot of crap Menudo but sporting the new Avi and Sig in the 3rd quarter shows some moxy. :lol: