[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ward out for opener

Grits and Shins

Parker may get a bunch of carries but to me this only lessons his chances at a hugh day. I mean no Ben and now no Ward. Defense is going to creep up to that line until a real threat is established. I think Batch comes right out of the gate throwing very deep.

Parker may get a bunch of carries but to me this only lessons his chances at a hugh day. I mean no Ben and now no Ward. Defense is going to creep up to that line until a real threat is established. I think Batch comes right out of the gate throwing very deep.

I have to agree. With the starting QB out AND the top WR out why in the world wouldn't their be 8 men in the box.

Mort is usually very reliable, but, there aren't any reports of this on the Steelers site or web yet. Ward practiced yesterday, and I thought it was looking good for him to start. No Ben & No Ward will be tough to overcome. Parker's running numbers might suffer a bit, but, I think he makes up for it in the passing game. I'm just disappointed that I won't get to see Hines or Roethlisberger in game #1. Here's to hoping they are back for Jacksonville. :D

From a Miami POV this has gone from a very tough game and most likely a loss to a still tough but winnable game. Maybe even a game you'd say they should win. No QB or # 1 WR is tough to overcome.

It's still going to be a good game imho. The Steelers will be fired up being their first home game since they went on their run last year. The Dolphins need to make plays early to take the crowd out of the game. I see it being a pretty low scoring game though.

No problem.

The Steelers probably have the best football team that's ever played the game. They could lose Porter and Polalmalu as well and they'll still spank the Fins by at least 40 points.

::D

Seriously, thanks for contributing. :D

Edited by Menudo

Any chance Holmes comes up big in this game? I doubt it, but stranger things have happened.

No, if Ward is out, Cedric Wilson & Nate Washington will be the starters. Holmes will be #3, so there is a chance he could contribute, but, I wouldn't be on it. Nate Washington could be the sleeper.

It's still going to be a good game imho. The Steelers will be fired up being their first home game since they went on their run last year. The Dolphins need to make plays early to take the crowd out of the game. I see it being a pretty low scoring game though.

Oh no doubt. I think now it is a toss up game. Before I think Pitt at home on opening night was a huge fav in the game. 50/50 now IMO either way no surprise.

I still have yet to see or hear this from anywhere else other than here.. i saw mort on espn and he said ward was the good news for pittsburgh thursday. maybe you heard him wrong.. i dont know.

PPG

Ward practices

Hines Ward, listed as questionable, practiced yesterday but two others listed as questionable did not: Tuman (hamstring) and center Chukky Okobi (knee).

"Hines got through the whole practice and seemed pretty good at the end," Cowher said. "He's good and ready to go."

I still have yet to see or hear this from anywhere else other than here.. i saw mort on espn and he said ward was the good news for pittsburgh thursday. maybe you heard him wrong.. i dont know.

PPG

Ward practices

Hines Ward, listed as questionable, practiced yesterday but two others listed as questionable did not: Tuman (hamstring) and center Chukky Okobi (knee).

"Hines got through the whole practice and seemed pretty good at the end," Cowher said. "He's good and ready to go."

That is what I've seen too. I think Ward is going to play.

Oh Hines Ward now will he play,

We may find out in another day.

If he does, the team will shine,

It won't matter if Big Ben's fine.

On the way to a league high wins,

Their first victim will be the Fins.

:D

Can't wait for the real poet to show it......in a week, this was just a peek.

Oh Hines Ward now will he play,

We may find out in another day.

If he does, the team will shine,

It won't matter if Big Ben's fine.

On the way to a league high wins,

Their first victim will be the Fins.

:D

Can't wait for the real poet to show it......in a week, this was just a peek.

:D Actually, that was pretty good. However, I gave up writing poems during the Steelers championship run last year.

From a Miami POV this has gone from a very tough game and most likely a loss to a still tough but winnable game. Maybe even a game you'd say they should win. No QB or # 1 WR is tough to overcome.

Maybe HAHAHAHA We are favored by four!!!!

I hate when this happens I like to beat teams at their best!!