[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tom Brady - Why does the Huddle rank hiim #2 QB?

Catbert

I hope your joking it'd save me a lot of time if I don't have to write a paragraph telling you how you are wrong :D

What do ya want from a guy named "The Stoner". :D

Brady has been incredibly consistent and it has never really mattered which receivers he had in the game - not like he ever relied on any one of them in particular. His projections landed him there.

2001 nwe |  15 |   264   413  63.9  2843   6.9  18  12 |	36	43   0 || 2002 nwe |  16 |   373   601  62.1  3764   6.3  28  14 |	42   110   1 || 2003 nwe |  16 |   317   527  60.2  3620   6.9  23  12 |	42	63   1 || 2004 nwe |  16 |   288   474  60.8  3692   7.8  28  14 |	43	28   0 || 2005 nwe |  16 |   334   530  63.0  4110   7.8  26  14 |	27	89   1 |+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+|  TOTAL   |  80 |  1577  2548  61.9 18035   7.1 123  66 |   190   333   3 |+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+Seasons among the league's top 10Pass attempts:	2002-3, 2003-5, 2005-4Completions:	2002-4, 2003-6, 2005-3Passing yards:	2002-6, 2003-6, 2004-10, 2005-1Passing TDs:	2002-1, 2003-10, 2004-6, 2005-3

Aside from Manning, I don't think any QB has consistently finished as highly as Brady over the past 5 years. I don't know that I'd bet on him being the 2nd best but I'd bet on him being no worse than 5th.

Brady has a very unsettled WR situation, and old guy for a RB, and a various injuries on the roster. Yeah, I know their NFL schedule strength is 25th, but is that the main reason for a #2 ranking over the others?

Watson. Ben Watson.

Of the Jellies.

Sleeper.

:D

Brady has a very unsettled WR situation, and old guy for a RB, and a various injuries on the roster. Yeah, I know their NFL schedule strength is 25th, but is that the main reason for a #2 ranking over the others?

no the reason he's number 2 is because hes f'n Tom Brady! Have you seen the guy play the past 4 years?

My list goes like this

Manning

Brady

Hasselbeck

Palmer

Culpepper...yes Culpepper im not on crack

It does seem though that the rankings overall are out of balance, perhaps because I think DMD is responsible for some positions and WW for others (I think, not entirely sure). Without a single wideout ranked in the top 40 (as of last Friday, I have not yet checked today's updates) and with a TE ranked at #10, it does make you wonder how Brady could be ranked #2. I know he spreads the ball around very well, but even so this does seem a little out of whack IMHO.

It does seem though that the rankings overall are out of balance, perhaps because I think DMD is responsible for some positions and WW for others (I think, not entirely sure). Without a single wideout ranked in the top 40 (as of last Friday, I have not yet checked today's updates) and with a TE ranked at #10, it does make you wonder how Brady could be ranked #2. I know he spreads the ball around very well, but even so this does seem a little out of whack IMHO.

I do all the rankings and last year Branch was ranked 23rd, Brown 69th and Givens 48th. Watson was 16th and Maroney was in college and Kevin Faulk was mostly hurt.

Now Brady has a better Watson, Brown, Caldwell, Gabriel, a healthy Faulk, Dillon, Maroney and maybe even Branch because who knows where that one ends up.

Please enlighten me as to the awesomeness of the recievers around him from 02-05:

Passing yards: 2002-6, 2003-6, 2004-10, 2005-1

Passing TDs: 2002-1, 2003-10, 2004-6, 2005-3

I'm not ranking Brady as high as the Huddle - for 2 reasons.. If Branch continues to hold out, that doesn't leave much to target IMO. I'm sure he will continue to spread the receptions as before, but I just wonder if this isn't a reload year in the passing game as new talent learns the ropes. With Maroney and Dillon, they should be able to rely on the rush game more. The RBs were a disaster last year, so I think Brady was forced to throw a bit more than The Pats prefer. Two 14-2 seassons with less Brady vs. one 10-6 with lots of Brady.

He is a safe pick for sure, but when its all done I expect to see a return to the 2003-2004 numbers which puts him in the bottom half of the #1QBs. 3650/25

Please enlighten me as to the awesomeness of the recievers around him from 02-05:

As soon as you enlighten me as to the last QB to finish 2nd in fantasy scoring for a season without a single receiver in the top 40 (or a TE in the top 5).

I'm not arguing against Brady as a #2, personally I'd go Palmer but he certainly belongs right up there - but in order for that to happen, one of these New England receivers is going to have to perform dramatically better than where they are currently ranked, IMO.

no the reason he's number 2 is because hes f'n Tom Brady! Have you seen the guy play the past 4 years?

My list goes like this

Manning

Brady

Hasselbeck

Palmer

Culpepper...yes Culpepper im not on crack

the fact that I have Culpepper higher than you makes me feel like I am...on crack...

one of these New England receivers is going to have to perform dramatically better than where they are currently ranked, IMO.

Wow, no one ever outperforms their preseason ranking - he's DOOMED.

Watson is a hot pick, Graham is solid behind him, they've got young, talented guys in Gabriel and C Jackson opposite old, short vet Brown, and Corey Dillon and Kevin Faulk can catch.

I don't predict much, but I can see Watson going for 50-600-7; Graham 30-300-4; Brown 60-800-4; Gabriel 60-850-6; backs should be good for around 60-500-2. There's 3000 yds and 20+ tds. Miscellaneous completions to the #3 and 4 WRs and #2 TE and whomever else would get the yds up into the mid-3k range.

And that's if nobody steps up.

Brady has been consistent as all get out, as has been the Pats' performance the past few seasons.

I do see a slip this year. They are losing a bunch of vets, are in a pissing contest with their former best WR, they lost their O & D coordinator the previous year, and the guy they figure to be their #1 WR has never played that position before & now has to learn the system flying by the seat of his pants.

Things seem to be in disarray in NE, and I think that will affect the team & Brady's performance as the season progresses. Belichek has pulled a rabbit out of his hat more than once, so I could be wrong, but this team feels different than the previous versions - and it's more of a gut thing than anything else that makes me think they're going to suffer some this year - Brady's output this year included.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I picked up Brady in my 8-man homer league last night as the 4th QB taken and STOLE him with the 39th pick, after I went edge, sjack, rmoss, towens

Manning went 4th overall @ 1.04

Palmer 22nd @ 3.06

Hasselbeck 34th @ 5.02

I snagged Tommy Boy with 5.07. I honestly think that he is a top 3 QB due to consistency in scoring and the fact that he starts every game. He may not have the best WR in the league, but he spreads the ball around so damn much it really doesn't matter. I think I lucked out.....I also picked up McNabb with my 8.07 pick...not a bad combo.