[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's starting Portis this week?

Swampnuts

i'm sitting portis. ppr local league with flex spot. i'm starting....gulp......westy, chester, and chris brown. i also have rhodes. i also have rod smith and david givens to consider for the flex spot. the rest of my lineup is pretty good with mcnabb at qb, driver and andre johnson at wr, and gates at te. i will thank the huddle guru's if i win this league. the draft was late and i was drunk, so i sort of autopiloted it. i simply used there ppr cheatsheat. i think i have a decent chance to win this league.....depending on portis.

I have to admit - I don't believe these people who picked up Portis late in the second round and their hand-wringing:

A) complaining that they need to scramble for a new plan - uh, shouldn't you have one if he's your #2???

:D that you play in leagues that let him drop that far. That's just mind-boggling to me.

He didn't break his leg, people! He separated his shoulder. It's not that gigantic a deal, yet people are acting like he's Marshall Faulk or something. "My god, is he going to even PLAY this year?"

C) that he dropped that far, you got a steal, and you're STILL complaining.

The guy who has LJ, Portis, JJ, Bush, Chris Brown and others??? Either you are one hell of a worry-wort, or you're playing in a league with 5 guys. Does your match-up this week own SA, Ronnie Brown, Jamal Lewis and Brian Westbrook?

Sorry for the antagonism - I am also concerned whether or not he'll play, but the lack of perspective is kind of astounding.

PS - To answer the question: no, I'm not starting him. With the Thursday games, I'd rather risk a crappy fill-in than risk starting him and getting a donut.

Edited by Darmstro

I grabbed Portis at 2.7 in my 10-team league, even though I knew I was opening a can of worms. I'm going with R. Brown and Droughns this week.

Exact same thing with me...But I got CP at 2-1. :D

I have to admit - I don't believe these people who picked up Portis late in the second round and their hand-wringing:

A) complaining that they need to scramble for a new plan - uh, shouldn't you have one if he's your #2???

:D that you play in leagues that let him drop that far. That's just mind-boggling to me.

He didn't break his leg, people! He separated his shoulder. It's not that gigantic a deal, yet people are acting like he's Marshall Faulk or something. "My god, is he going to even PLAY this year?"

C) that he dropped that far, you got a steal, and you're STILL complaining.

The guy who has LJ, Portis, JJ, Bush, Chris Brown and others??? Either you are one hell of a worry-wort, or you're playing in a league with 5 guys. Does your match-up this week own SA, Ronnie Brown, Jamal Lewis and Brian Westbrook?

Sorry for the antagonism - I am also concerned whether or not he'll play, but the lack of perspective is kind of astounding.

PS - To answer the question: no, I'm not starting him. With the Thursday games, I'd rather risk a crappy fill-in than risk starting him and getting a donut.

i'm confident in portis for the yr. i drafted him late in the first round, after the injury. thats how confident i am/was. with the flex spot in the league i have him in, i knew i was drafting 3 rb's in the first four rounds anyway. hopefully westy and chester rack up the recepts and yards. brown or rhodes will prove suitable flex spot and bye week filler until portis comes back for me. no worries here or hand wringing.

Buddy of mine needed a few owners....so I joined, asked some friends, they joined, now the league has 14 owners, so the commish decided to auto-the draft...and I ended up w/ Portis...so yeah, I am starting him....

The crappy thing is that in my main league, I am going against a guy who IS starting Portis, so right off the bat, hope he does well, but not to good.....

GRrrr.....

:D