[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AutoPick Experiment

CarryTheRock

I'm in a league with some buddies that is only an 8 team league. Because of schedules we did an autopick at yahoo. I put in the huddle rankings, curious how I would come out. I didn't like how it ended up but once I looked more I like how it turned out even though it appears it really reached to fill the first D, K and TE to fill those spots regardless of my rankings.

1 pt per 10 yards rush/catch

1 per 25 passing

6 for all TD'sRound Pick Player Position

Start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex WR/RB, TE, K, D

1. (7) R. Brown RB (Huddle Rank 5)

2. (10) S. Jackson RB (Huddle Rank 6)

3. (23) W. McGahee RB (Huddle Rank 11)

4. (26) R. Wayne WR (Huddle Rank 29)

5. (39) D. Driver WR (Huddle Rank 33)

6. (42) D. Mason WR (Huddle Rank 42)

7. (55) D. Bledsoe QB (Huddle Rank 55)

8. (58) Carolina DEF (Huddle Rank 77)

9. (71) L. Smith TE (Huddle Rank 106)

10. (74) N. Kaeding K (Huddle Rank NA)

11. (87) C. Taylor RB (Huddle Rank 21)

12. (90) M. Bell RB (Huddle Rank 28)

13. (103) L. Coles WR (Huddle Rank 67)

14. (106) T. Glenn WR (Huddle Rank 70)

15. (119) S. McNair QB (Huddle Rank 99)

16. (122) Da. Clark TE (Huddle Rank NA)

17. (135) D. Akers K (Huddle Rank NA)

18. (138) Miami DEF (Huddle Rank NA)

Edited by CarryTheRock

even though it appears it really reached to fill the first D, K and TE to fill those spots regardless of my rankings.

This is becasue I believe Yahoo will fill in your starting lineup before drafting any backups, thus, despite your rankings, it reaches for highest available that fills in a starting spot rather than looking at highest available overall.

I joined a Yahoo league with some acquantices on another forum (non-sports related). The commish was too lazy to schedule a real draft so he just set up a autopick draft. We had the opportunity to rank our own players, but to my own discredit I never went in and adjusted them.

My team that it drafted for me included greats like Greg Jones and Domanick Davis. Now this draft wasn't a few weeks ago. It was ran this last Sunday. Both players were already on the IR and were indicated as such. Pretty intelligent software you got there Yahoo. Maybe you could have also drafted James Mungro and Curtis Martin while you were at it.

Oh well, it was a free league anyways. There were a variety of potential sleepers I grabbed off of the WW though.

Our league is through ESPN and they have thier own rankings as I'm sure you all know, but I use Huddle rankings every year (as I'm sure you all do too...). I grabbed Ronnie Brown with the 13th pick (10 teams) in my draft - R.Brown was the #5 RB in Huddle rankings. Other Team Owners apparently went by the Overall ESPN rankings as Portis, D.Davis (:D), Rudi, and Steve Smith all went before him. There were also 3 other DEF's chosen before I took Carolina - the #1 ranked Huddle DEF. I was psyched about both picks that shouldn't have been there when I picked them!

Thanks again, Huddle!! You da man!! :D

For every Yahoo auto-pick draft I've ever done, I've just plugged in the Huddle's Top 120 list.

I've never been disappointed with my team.

But, still, I hate those leagues. The draft is where you make your team! An auto-draft sucks the life from any league.

The Auto did suck. The only one I think I have ever done. While reaching to fill my starting roster though it did give me quite a value at the 11-15 spots on my bench.

I won't ever run a serious league anywhere but MFL now (Running three on there now), this was just for some fairweather fans I wanted to introduce to fantasy a little more.