[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sunday is coming

theeohiostate

Every NFL Sunday i do my best to go back to bed after waking up around 7AM, as much as i try, i can only stay put til about 8. At that point i do my morning hygiene activities and go straight to the pc , checking to see if one of my players got injured in a late night party or early morning commute to the stadium.

It's about ten before i can positively tell myself no one was arrested or injured in their sleep.

"ding" "ding" the bell rings and the wifey, tells me breakfast is ready. Now those that don't have a wife with the time to cook like mine all the time, i feel for you. :D

My favorite is Eggs,Bacon,Biscuts and Gravey with some toast and strawberry jelly.

I use the next hour getting in my playtime with the kids so i don't have to hear i neglect everyone, blah, blah,blah!

It's around 11:30 ( Hour and a a half before kickoff) . Things become VERY serious now. NO kids, No wife. Just me, the 110" theatre screen, my laptop and i FULLY charged phone. The phone calls start rolling in between all my brothers and myself, checking if each other needs any last minute advise or if anyone has heard any news on player X.

The games start and it complete silence. Then the first big play that impacts my team or any of my brothers and the calls begin again. I become quite confused now surfing through the live scoring on 11 different FF teams while listening to the bros tell me theirs. Flashing through all the games with DirecTV, i am almost drained after the first games at 1:00.................LUNCH TIME!!! 4:00 games are starting, it's a new season now, the 40 points LT scored on me in the first set of games will be erased now because LJ is gonna go HOGWILD on the Saints.

Got a close game going, each with one player left going into the 8:30 game . He's got Rackers and a 3 point lead........................I've got CJohnson.............YES living the dream.............another win.

And i get to have 16 more weeks of this.

Good luck to all you hopeful saps. FF is here and life is GOOD!

Every NFL Sunday i do my best to go back to bed after waking up around 7AM, as much as i try, i can only stay put til about 8. At that point i do my morning hygiene activities and go straight to the pc , checking to see if one of my players got injured in a late night party or early morning commute to the stadium.

It's about ten before i can positively tell myself no one was arrested or injured in their sleep.

"ding" "ding" the bell rings and the wifey, tells me breakfast is ready. Now those that don't have a wife with the time to cook like mine all the time, i feel for you. :D

My favorite is Eggs,Bacon,Biscuts and Gravey with some toast and strawberry jelly.

I use the next hour getting in my playtime with the kids so i don't have to hear i neglect everyone, blah, blah,blah!

It's around 11:30 ( Hour and a a half before kickoff) . Things become VERY serious now. NO kids, No wife. Just me, the 110" theatre screen, my laptop and i FULLY charged phone. The phone calls start rolling in between all my brothers and myself, checking if each other needs any last minute advise or if anyone has heard any news on player X.

The games start and it complete silence. Then the first big play that impacts my team or any of my brothers and the calls begin again. I become quite confused now surfing through the live scoring on 11 different FF teams while listening to the bros tell me theirs. Flashing through all the games with DirecTV, i am almost drained after the first games at 1:00.................LUNCH TIME!!! 4:00 games are starting, it's a new season now, the 40 points LT scored on me in the first set of games will be erased now because LJ is gonna go HOGWILD on the Saints.

Got a close game going, each with one player left going into the 8:30 game . He's got Rackers and a 3 point lead........................I've got CJohnson.............YES living the dream.............another win.

Sounds like some lucky kids.

Do you manually adjust your post count after every post?

TOS- dude, hilarious- I :D everytime I see that you are in 11 leagues- unreal. I am in 3- and have a hard time remembering who is on my squads. Go ahead, and let the BCS league- slide, I wouldn't even pay attention to it if I were you.

quick calc- slightly adjusted for duplcicate players, you are rooting for..........

7-9 different QB's

18+ RB's

25+ WR's- somewhere in there

I sleep in until about 9:00CST. Take a dump, get a big pinch of lip dope, and hit the showers. I spank the monkey for about 10 minutes, was off, dry off, put on a pair of shorts and tshirt. About 9:30 I pour me a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch (if the kids haven't ate it all), or if I'm lucky and my wife is ambitious, I might get pancakes. At 10:00 I fire up the computer and check out The Huddle. I do this until 11:00 at which time, I go up stairs infront of the the TV screen with a huge 84oz beverage, a bag of chips and some salsa. I watch the pregame shows, and talk smack to my little brother. By 12:00 CST I have I have double checked the roster for all 12 teams and the MVP challenge, and have MFL Game Day up and running along with the yahoo stat tracker, and my one RTS league match up on, as well as the skybox up and running. I usually am flipping back and forth between 3 or 4 games on the ticket, unless the Dallas game is close. At about 3:00 CST my wife refreshes my beverage and brings me a snack. At 6:30 CST my wife has dinner ready, and I eat downstairs with the family. At 7:30 I'm back upstairs until the sunday night game is over.

Thats good and all and sounds fun, but on a side note, nobody really cares about when you joined the huddle or your post count dude. Everyone knows you've been around here a while, no need to update us. If we really want to know, all we gotta do is click your username. Your status is not affected because we cant see all your info...

Thats good and all and sounds fun, but on a side note, nobody really cares about when you joined the huddle or your post count dude.

Actually I could care less about post count, but I do like know who has been around here for a good while. It gives you an idea of how informed they are, as well as if they can take a little ribbing. Some of the noobs are such pansies it isn't funny, and you don't want to bust their chops in fear they might take offense, and report you to the SS.

If I have a ritual it is BBQing something... Carne asade, chips, guacamole and a sixer of Negra Modelo... or crossaint wrapped hot dogs w/ mustard and a sixer or Rolling Rock... or burgers, steak, etc.

and of course pull up the live scoring pages on the computer and relish in the beauty of another NFL Sunday.

AH!! Yes the Barbie, love the Barbie. Problem is you have to go outside. This is therotically impossible for me as my ass. is permantely stationed in front of the projector from 11-11. Yep, nothing like 12 straight hours of R&R.

I don't think my post or this thread is directed towards my post count :D

Did you read anything or just post like the fektard noob you seem to be :D

Now, i'm off to update my post count :lol:

LOL. Funny thing is Ive prolly been around here longer than you have. <--Dont look into that too much cuz I dont want you to get defensive. I wasn't trying to get your panties in a bunch, it just caught my eye that you had a post count when I knew it had been taken off and then I realized you manually do it and thought to myself "This guy is 25+ years old, has a family and kids, and is that worried about his post count and the day he signed up for the message board." Thats all. If you want the truth, it was pretty pathetic. I expect that kind of stuff from the young people that use these boards but a dude with a family and all was somewhat sad. So dont try and call me out and make me look bad by calling me a "fektard noob" when you know Ive been here for a while as I am the Nole fan that talked to you last year about your Buckeyes.

Edit: BTW, you can have your thread back, I dont want it...

Edited by Primetime9287

Get up around 6:30 and get the kids some breakfast-make coffee-take dump.

Go upstairs and check the line-ups and the IR-head downstairs and shower.

Take the family to church at 9:30 service-home at 10:45-10:50.

Break out the CP and prep and throw the stuff in while watching some pre-game.

Go put on lucky jersey or other lucky clothing item-head upstairs for the rest of pregame.

Settle in for the 1 o'clock war-have lunch at halftime and check the CP progress.

Head back up for second half and slide into the 4 o'clock game

Eat what's in the CP after the 4 o'clock game-give kids a bath and some QT as well.

Slide into bed with the beautiful Mrs.PD for the Sunday Night game-hopefully some gut bumping.

If the game is good-watch the whole thing-if not, doze off in NFL bliss anyway.

Edited by PantherDave

Alarm goes off at 4 am. Put on a few layers of clothing and grab my tackle. Get everything into the boat, feed the Basset, kiss the wife/kids bye-bye and head to the Starbucks. Get a grande coffee, with a little non-fat milk and head to the tournament. Shoot the breeze with some of the other club members for awhile, spread a few lies and misdirectional tips about where the fish are located and what they are biting, lady dog and moan about how the f'n tournament director schedules a tournament every year on the first day of the NFL season and then hit the water.

It's now 5 am and the tournament director gives me the thumbs up and I take off to my first water. I push the throttle up to about 60 mph and hope like hell no one's on my spot. Fish and run for 5 hours and then start checking my PDA about every 15 minutes or so checking out the MFL.com wireless live scoring on all my leagues...

Head back to the weigh-in, drink a few beers, spread more lies and then head home to catch the late game...

I'll be on Clear Lake this year... :D

Get up, go to church ... drop the wife and kids off at the door, and immediately turn it to some sort of pre-game news update channel ... until I park and go in.

Offer to go get the car after church is over to listen to more pre-game news, etc. while driving to the door to get my wife/kids. Turn down the radio on the way home to talk about "whatever" with the family.

Get home, and chase kids until they go down for a nap ... watch about 10 minutes of whatever game is on until the first one wants to do something different than nap. Chase kids the rest of the day.

Put kids down for bed.

Watch the last 10 minutes of the Sunday night game.

Rinse.

Repeat.

wakeup around 7-9 depending on how much I drank the night before

go to the computer and check email

then check lineups

then check injury reports

then recheck lineups

then sometimes I'll go to Yours Truly or Perkins for breakfast.

then I'll get home and recheck the injuries

Then I'll open the live scoring windows

Then I'll watch some NFL pre-game

then I'll watch some NFL games and watch the live scoring roll like an odometer against my team...

Get up at 6:30 by the dog licking my face.

Take dog out to pee.

Feed dog.

Take dog out to poop.

Jump on computer to get early updates.

Get shower and find out what watering hole league mates are going to to watch the games (usually Turf Club).

Update lineups & MVP Challenge team.

Bet some ponies & watch the early games.

Head home and get yelled at for being out all day.

Eat dinner.

Watch the later games.

Get "the look" for watching TV while I am on the computer.

Get yelled at for "doing nothing around the house but watching football".

Explain that I wake up with the dog every morning so she can sleep in, cut grass, take out trash, etc.

Go to bed to "make up".

Repeat next week.

Sounds like some lucky kids.

Do you manually adjust your post count after every post?

Oh, he manually adjusts, just not sure it is the post count. I'm coming for ya TOS.

You bring something up that I have not thought about yet. I got transferred to DC and will be living in va-jay-jay.

The games start A LOT later there. Since I get up EVERY morning at 5:30 to 6, I will have and entire morning to do all kinds of stuff with the kids and have an afternoon of football to sit down to and unwind before work on Monday! It will also give a greater appearance of being a more involved and devoted husband by getting to more actively help around the house for a couple hours or go do the shopping. :bash:

:D SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! :lol:

Here in Kalifornia, the games all start at 10:00 A F’n M :bash: . It sucks because it really does destroy your whole day :pop: ! Once the kids came into the picture, I was lucky to get ONE whole game in. My wife likes football and plays in a FF league and we will have NFL Sunday ticket :bash: , so I should be able to get a couple of couch potato games in! Starting at 1 P.M. means about 30 laps around the pond, full on tricycles for an hour, a trip to the jumper park and then a big cup of valerian tea :D maybe two :lol: . They will be done for the day (as will I) by the time the games start!

:lol: SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! :brew:

Sure they end at like 3:30 a.m. or something stupid, but I am so old I’ll fall asleep anyway. :lol:

:woot: SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! :brow:

As far as routines. I have twin 4-year-olds and a 1-½ year old. What is this thing you call a routine? I only know mayhem and war! (well, half the time :lol: ) :yay:

You bring something up that I have not thought about yet. I got transferred to DC and will be living in va-jay-jay.

The games start A LOT later there. Since I get up EVERY morning at 5:30 to 6, I will have and entire morning to do all kinds of stuff with the kids and have an afternoon of football to sit down to and unwind before work on Monday! It will also give a greater appearance of being a more involved and devoted husband by getting to more actively help around the house for a couple hours or go do the shopping. :bash:

:D SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! :lol:

Here in Kalifornia, the games all start at 10:00 A F’n M :bash: . It sucks because it really does destroy your whole day :pop: ! Once the kids came into the picture, I was lucky to get ONE whole game in. My wife likes football and plays in a FF league and we will have NFL Sunday ticket :bash: , so I should be able to get a couple of couch potato games in! Starting at 1 P.M. means about 30 laps around the pond, full on tricycles for an hour, a trip to the jumper park and then a big cup of valerian tea :D maybe two :lol: . They will be done for the day (as will I) by the time the games start!

:lol: SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! :brew:

Sure they end at like 3:30 a.m. or something stupid, but I am so old I’ll fall asleep anyway. :lol:

:woot: SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! :brow:

As far as routines. I have twin 4-year-olds and a 1-½ year old. What is this thing you call a routine? I only know mayhem and war! (well, half the time :lol: ) :yay:

The afternoon games are nice here on the east coast. I couldn't imagine watching football at 10AM. But the Monday night games are always tough to stay up for, especially the 10PM game next week.

Usually awakened by Mrs HR (who can't keep her hands to herself) around 7am.

7:02am. Go make breakfast, something "light for her" and biscuits/gravy, grits, two eggs, and bacon for me.

7:30am. The taste of grits has aroused my Super Twinky.

7:32am. Need a nap.

1:00pm. Maybe watch some football while surfing for a good musical like "Oklahoma" or "West Side Story".

4:00pm. Make some more grits. :D

8:00pm. Call it a day.

Beats working.

Get up

Scratch my ass

fart

poke the ol lady to make sure she's still breathing

take a good ol sh.....it

make coffee

run thru the football gossip here

make breakfast

take another good ol......

retire to the couch for the rest of the day.

Monday nite is a double hitter so I'm taking off Tuesday!

Get up

Scratch my ass

fart

take a good ol sh.....it

make coffee

make breakfast

My family Dr. once told me you only need to take 2 good sh...its per week. Getting it all over in a single day seems like a great move :D

TOS- dude, hilarious- I :D everytime I see that you are in 11 leagues- unreal. I am in 3- and have a hard time remembering who is on my squads. Go ahead, and let the BCS league- slide, I wouldn't even pay attention to it if I were you.

quick calc- slightly adjusted for duplcicate players, you are rooting for..........

7-9 different QB's

18+ RB's

25+ WR's- somewhere in there

And don't forget, those same players are also against him in different leagues. :D

Props to you though TOS! All of this AND with kids. Isn't this time of year awesome?

Get up

Scratch my ass

fart

take a good ol sh.....it

make coffee

make breakfast

Pretty much my routine also, except only one sh*t and it comes after the coffee. Oh,and while I'm doing my

thing on the computer, I let the woman watch her Lifetime until 11:30. Then the TVs (except the bedroom one) are mine for the rest of the day and evening. Sunday routine for 17+ weeks. :D

The one routine I'll miss is sitting on the couch and sipping Jack Daniel's while making fun of Theisman and Maguire on Sunday Night Football. It may sound strange to many of you, but I'm really going to miss "Dumb and Dumber" on Sunday nights. They were so bad that they were downright entertaining.

Between 6 - 7 AM: Wake up feeling like a kid on Christmas morning.

7 AM - 8 AM: Breakfast..... come to the Huddle for injury / player updates.

8 AM - 9 AM: More web browsing for Steelers / Fantasy updates, as well as, reviewing Saturday's

college football games.

9 AM - 10AM: Watch Penn State Football Story, get changed into the Sunday Steelers attire. Heart

starts pounding a bit.

10AM - 11AM: Anything to kill a little bit of time....Madden on the 360 or something on TV.

11AM - 1PM: Browse web for updates, watch pre-game shows.

1PM - 4PM: Either watch the Steelers, while checking live scoring on the web and flipping through

Sunday ticket on commercials, or if the Steelers aren't playing, flipping through the Ticket.

4PM - 7PM: Same as above.

7PM - 8:30PM: Try to take a power nap, with alarm set.

8:30PM - Midnight: Sunday Night Football, while reviewing the day's events.

4:30AM Monday: Out of bed and stumbling my way into work

6AM - 2:30PM: Work, otherwise known as browsing the Huddle / Web. :D

3:00PM - 8:00PM: Sleep

8:30PM - Midnight: Monday Night Football

That is the usual routine.