[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No Big Ben for PIT vs MiA

Raider.Nation

Not an advice seeking question. I have chosen to stick with my no2 RB in FWP against MIA rather than starting Mike Bell vs the weak STL D.

Just thinking about the topic on the whole that's all. Will you guys be benching any of your sure fire starters for week 1 based on any injuries to their team-mates? Hines Ward is another guy that could get benched based on this one...

I took out Pittsburgh's D and put in the Vikings

I was thinking of doing the same. Why Vikes? Something appealing about WAS on MNF? I haven't seen any Portis news lately and I haven't been able to catch any Vikes games this pre-season here in NYC. I saw WAS and NYJ (which was more of a paddy-cake) so just curious to hear your thoughts as the Vikes are on my wire, too.

GM!

My take on it is that I would downgrade Hines Ward & Heath Miller a bit. The Steelers will try to have Batch simply manage the game, and I don't Hugh games for either Ward or Miller.

I would upgrade Willie Parker slightly. Parker may not have a hugh Yards per carry in this game against the 8 man fronts, but, he will get enough carries and be involved enough in the passing game to be a solid starter this week. I smell a receiving TD for Willie this week. The great thing about Parker is that he can be having a bad game and then suddenly bust a 75 yard scamper.

I don't see any reason to bench the Steelers defense. They should be solid.

I was thinking of doing the same. Why Vikes? Something appealing about WAS on MNF? I haven't seen any Portis news lately and I haven't been able to catch any Vikes games this pre-season here in NYC. I saw WAS and NYJ (which was more of a paddy-cake) so just curious to hear your thoughts as the Vikes are on my wire, too.

GM!

because they are the other defense on my roster. my thinking is that no ben and ward means more three and outs making a tired defense.

My take on it is that I would downgrade Heath Miller a bit. The Steelers will try to have Batch simply manage the game, and I don't Hugh games for Miller.

well i wouldnt say miller benefits from this but im not sure it will hurt him that much, it would give batch another short target to get rid off passes, surely FWP isnt gonna carry the ball 40-50 times

The Roethlisberger news almost knocked Ronnie Brown back into my lineup. MIA ought to be using Brown to try to control the game tempo in what figures to be a close low scoring game.

But I like my other RB matchups better & can't justify starting Brown against a dominant run D at home in the opening game of the year.

The Roethlisberger news almost knocked Ronnie Brown back into my lineup. MIA ought to be using Brown to try to control the game tempo in what figures to be a close low scoring game.

But I like my other RB matchups better & can't justify starting Brown against a dominant run D at home in the opening game of the year.

What RB are you starting over Brown?

What RB are you starting over Brown?

I've got M Bell, McAllister, & Lundy also. As of right now, I'm starting M Bell & McAllister, though I'm looking really hard at starting Lundy over McAllister. Starting 2 rookie RBs in the first week spooks me a little, but DEN vs STL, HOU vs PHI, and NO vs CLE all provide much better rushing matchups against what figure to be weak run Ds - and STL & CLE could easily be bottom 5 run Ds. I like those opportunities better than runnig Brown, even though he is the bonafide non-sharing starter in MIA, against what figures to be a top 3 run D in their own lair on opening night.

Edited by Bronco Billy