[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Fantasy Football Theory?

Annihilator

I'm just wondering if some of you agree with my theory....I have found when draft RB on bAd teams ..they are mostly wasted picks and its best to just get the better WR or TE or QB ..I find that RB's on bad teams get behind to early and the RB get left behind in most games ...So i find myself thinking it is a waste to draft such a RB unless its late in draft

But on the other hand a WR on a bad team can bring benifits?..Again sticking to the Theory they will be behind most of the game ...WR become more attractive

Here are examples for RB on BAD teams

Gore...A.Green..Lundy...McGahee...etc ..etc..

Good wr on bad teams

Driver..A.Bryant..A.Johnson..Evans..

Is this theory Flawed?

Thanks for any info

past performance is what makes up future perdictions

no matter how good or bad the team is look at what the player has proven they have done not the team. if you try to speculate beyond that such as change in coaching staff, addition of other players, contract year ans so on. it just muchs the water and you will end up kicking yourself in the rearend me often than not

I'd bet you that McGahee outperforms all of those WR's, handily. A. Green is 79 years old, and Lundy is an unproven commodity.

yeah..i love willis this year...i paired him with rudi in my league with college buddies...im pretty happy going into it with those two...id love to see willis catch 50 balls

I assume that means you would've passed on Tomlinson in his 1st 3 years, and you would have passed on Walter Payton in his first few years, or you would have passed on Barry Sanders any number of years, or you would have passed on Faulk as his last years in IND came.

What you are proposing can be true if a team has a competent passing attack. But then if the team has a competent passing attack & a stud RB, chances are that it isn't a very bad team, either.

If a team has a decent D and a poor passing attack, it can use its running O to shorten games, which allows it to stay close in games deeper into the games. If you can find that situation, those kinds of RBs can be FF gold - like Tomlinson & Payton were early in their careers, and Faulk was in the middle of his career with IND.

I see the point to the theory but I think you may be too emphatic in its interpretation and do not take into account the specific players involved. ie Green vs Driver, I would agree to take driver as he stands a better chance to score but that is based off his past performance not the quality of team. Your theory would IMO come into play more when you are deciding between 2 players that are too close to call and then I would utilze the theory as a tie breaker but not as a main evaluator.

Whoa, never thought I would use words that big! Especially here! Maybe I didn't kill all my brain cells in college?... Nah. :D

I may state that is more for a regular draft ..no redraft or keeper league ...yes i might ahve not taken LT or Sanders or other greats but they only got great once there team got better

Thats the only point i'm trying to make ..if you are not in a keeper league and you jsut have to draft i would say stay away from bad Teams with RB..yes it might happen one might have a great year but in the long run the majority done ..i don't see many

thats all

I may state that is more for a regular draft ..no redraft or keeper league ...yes i might ahve not taken LT or Sanders or other greats but they only got great once there team got better

Thats the only point i'm trying to make ..if you are not in a keeper league and you jsut have to draft i would say stay away from bad Teams with RB..yes it might happen one might have a great year but in the long run the majority done ..i don't see many

thats all

LT2's best season came 3 years ago when the Chargerz completely sucked. :D