[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bill Simmons new article

Hat Trick

:D To the Raiders, for having the foresight to team up Shell (the shakiest game coach of my lifetime) with Aaron Brooks (the dumbest QB of my lifetime). For gambling purposes, I feel like Marty McFly when he stumbled across Biff's sports almanac in "Back to the Future 2." This is too good to be true. I don't want to jinx it. In fact, let's move on. Quickly. Before somebody changes their mind here.

:D

To everyone who jumped on the "Cards are a sleeper" bandwagon over the past few weeks. First, it's not a sleeper anymore if everyone thinks it's a sleeper. You should know that by now. Second, it's the Cardinals -- they suck bettors and experts in every August and it's never worked out once. Third, everyone's missing the real sleeper in the NFC West because they're too busy ogling the Cards (more on this in a second).

And fourth, you realize that the Arizona QBs are Kurt Warner and Matt Leinart, right? Warner was washed up three years ago; Leinart lost me forever during the episode of "Punk'd" when the cops mock-arrested him and a friend for soliciting a prostitute, then agreed to drop Leinart's charges if he sold out his buddy … followed by Leinart incredibly agreeing to do so … followed by an ecstatic Ashton Kutcher leaping out of a van to tell him he'd been Punk'd. Does that sound like something a great QB would do? Would Tom Brady or Brett Favre EVER sell a buddy like that? No way. That show told me everything I ever needed to know about Matt Leinart's future as an NFL quarterback. Pencil them in for 6-10.

(See, that's the kind of hard-hitting analysis you just don't get from Peter King and the NFL Network.)

:D

Simmons is da man- best sportswriter in the US. He would be absolutely the best choice on the planet for the TK role on MNF- although I doubt he would want to do it.........

Missed the boat badly on the NFC West- STL winning the division and Seattle 7-9 :D

Always a good read on Wed/Fri- his mailbag is classic

Edited by wildcat2334

Bill Simmons is a god send! Always entertaining and his predictions are always dead on.

-ATBB

Entertaining.. yes. Predictions dead on... no.

He picks the Red Sox to take it pretty much every season, then backpedals oh around August after they get roughed up by the Yanks. Hey, much like this year!

He is a fun read, but a bit too homerish for a national writer. He's like Woody Paige in that respect.

Paige picks the Broncos every year and then has to wiggle his way out of it when it doesn't happen.

Simmons will do the same this year re the Pats when the cracks show around November and its clear they are not the class of the AFC.

Entertaining.. yes. Predictions dead on... no.

He picks the Red Sox to take it pretty much every season, then backpedals oh around August after they get roughed up by the Yanks. Hey, much like this year!

He is a fun read, but a bit too homerish for a national writer. He's like Woody Paige in that respect.

Paige picks the Broncos every year and then has to wiggle his way out of it when it doesn't happen.

Simmons will do the same this year re the Pats when the cracks show around November and its clear they are not the class of the AFC.

Yeah that was my only knock on the article....his homerism was pretty obvious. I can't stand that wetood Peter King and loved those slams

Simmons is a very funny read. He is a homer but much of his so called homer predictions are making fun of how we Bostonians react year in and year out to our teams. It's kind've crazy but it is the lifestyle up here. I wouldn't want it any other way even though it'll probably take a decade off the life expectancy.

One of Simmons best articles IMO is the trip to Vegas. For anyone that has attended the start of March Madness in that fine city, it is a must read. We had a crew that did it for 7 straight years until the word got out, now its way too crowded. Anyway heres the link:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?...=simmons/040409

Edited by Finger

"To new Vikings coach Brad Childress, who brought some much-needed discipline back to the Vikes, but with the added bonus that he looks like someone who'd wander into the kitchen of one of those "Dateline NBC: To Catch A Predator" shows holding a 12-pack of MGD and three adult DVDs. I love this guy. Couldn't you picture him living in a trailer with Ron Gardenhire, wearing matching wife-beaters and fighting over Powerball tickets?"

:D:D

"To new Vikings coach Brad Childress, who brought some much-needed discipline back to the Vikes, but with the added bonus that he looks like someone who'd wander into the kitchen of one of those "Dateline NBC: To Catch A Predator" shows holding a 12-pack of MGD and three adult DVDs. I love this guy. Couldn't you picture him living in a trailer with Ron Gardenhire, wearing matching wife-beaters and fighting over Powerball tickets?"

:D:D

kind of funny..i made a similar comment about a forum member, when his picture was posted, and was told that i was a jackass

kind of funny..i made a similar comment about a forum member, when his picture was posted, and was told that i was a jackass

.................and thus the reason I didn't mention it :D