[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TJ Duckett vs. Ladell Betts

BigTen

I have seen a lot of rankings that have Duckett ranked higher than Betts, yet Betts is the listed #2. Since Portis is out, who is the #2 option? Betts knows the offense better since he was with Washington last year but Duckett could be productive here? What'cha think?

I have seen a lot of rankings that have Duckett ranked higher than Betts, yet Betts is the listed #2. Since Portis is out, who is the #2 option? Betts knows the offense better since he was with Washington last year but Duckett could be productive here? What'cha think?

Betts is the #2. But I think Portis will play Monday.

Betts is the #2. But I think Portis will play Monday.

yep, Betts starts if Portis can't go.

Except for the RBBC in ATL 2003 when he was the starter in name only, Duckett isn't and never was real starting material.

it really kills me reading some FF articles giving Duckett the distinction of the RB that can have a "Larry Johnson-type impact" this season. (wish i could recall where i read that, probably somewhere on CBSSportsline) TJ just doesn't have the goods to be a starter.

Edited by kingfish247

The way I have it is Betts is the backup to Portis and would really only see action when Portis can't go and Duckett comes in for plays like short yardage and GL. If Portis doesn't go week 1 Betts would take the Portis role and if Portis plays Betts will be watching the game from the sideline. Duckett would get his carries in either situation.

So if we have Portis and Betts, but they're our #2 RB who would you recommend starting for this first week?

from KFFL...

Sep 5 Joseph White, of the Associated Press, reports Washington Redskins RB Clinton Portis (shoulder) did not suit up Tuesday, Sept. 5, for practice. Portis didn't comment as he left the field. Head coach Joe Gibbs said he needs to see Portis practice before putting him in the game. The players will have off Wednesday, Sept. 6, followed by three days of full practice Thursday through Saturday, Aug. 7-9. "He is still day to day," Gibbs said. "He had a real good day in the weight room and rehab also. He is doing a real good job with it and will continue to expand what he is doing. It is still day to day, though. He feels like he is making good progress."

if you must start either Portis or Betts you'll just have to keep up on whether or not Portis practices. If he doesn't, I'd say Betts.