[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Submitting highly questionable line ups

theeohiostate

Thanks fellas, i was going to speak up and post something on the league message board, but i'd rather have a crappy ass team end up with Bell, then i team that is very good and i may end up playing in the playoffs.

It would be funny if the sandbag team actually ends up missing the playoffs by one game.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's different/ What I believe he's referring to is that Mike Bell wasn't in the MFL database prior to Shanny's announcement. Because he wasn't an option for the first few rounds, to drop him into the pool during the draft would basically give him to the team that picks just after he was added. Addai began IN the database, so he was always there to select.

I open waivers based on reverse Rd 1 draft order after the draft and before week 1. It even becomes first come first served before kickoff.

We have always determined before the draft if all the players that may be drafted are in the database. If they are not, then announce that a player that would never get drafted is actually Mike Bell. Say like "koren robinson equals Mike Bell. As long as everyone knows, then it isn't an issue.

Is there a timestamp when he entered this lineup? I gather from the info you gave, you held this draft at least a couple weeks ago? Seeing as Bell wasn't listed yet.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I finish a draft, especially one a ways before the season, I like to go in and play with my new team. :D . More often then not, I'll go ahead and enter a lineup, and it won't be the one I plan on actually using once the season gets here. Maybe mess with my first weeks opponents head a little. :lol:

The season hasn't even started yet. :D

Young, Vince

Bell, Tatum

Dayne, Ron

Moats, Ryan

Moss, Santana

Wilson, Cedrick

Watson, Ben

Reed, Jeff K

Patriots, DST DST NE

This line up does STINK of "I'm trying to dump this week though"

Burress

Foster

Plummer

on the bench :D

I bluff my line up all the time, all week long, up until gameday that is...

Is this his final roster? Like he cant change it what-so-ever come game day?

Just wondering, because ...if this IS the line up he will end up playing that week, and those "Starters" ride the bench... he may be guilty of the suspected charges against him...or he has omnipitant FF powers none of which the majority of us seem to possess :D

i would love to see the guys rationale for benching those 3 players and playing the lineup he submitted

His rationale is obviously to get waiver priority. It is his team though. He can submit any lineup he wants. Once a commish gets involved in any crap like this, it gets ugly. Where do you draw the line?

Let owners manage their teams. If the guy thinks he is making his team better by tanking, then it is his right.

This team is horrible anyway. Who cares if he gets MBell? He may not win a game with any lineup he puts out there. If this is a 16 team league or something, I guess his team may win one game.

Edited by lkirc

I think that, kinda like with a questionable trade, you call out the owner in question and ask him/her to just quickly write a line or two to justify their thinking. A case can be made for most lineup moves (Bledsoe has a concussion, etc.).

If they reply with anything that is even somewhat justifiable, then I think you have to let them manage their team the way that they wish. If they can't even bluff an explanation, then it's time to bring the entire league into it with some kind of disciplinary action (ie. purposely not fielding a competitve team ranks you last in the upcoming Waiver order).

Is there a timestamp when he entered this lineup? I gather from the info you gave, you held this draft at least a couple weeks ago? Seeing as Bell wasn't listed yet.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I finish a draft, especially one a ways before the season, I like to go in and play with my new team. :D . More often then not, I'll go ahead and enter a lineup, and it won't be the one I plan on actually using once the season gets here. Maybe mess with my first weeks opponents head a little. :lol:

The season hasn't even started yet. :D

Yes, i put in half ass lineups too before so my oppenent doesn't know whom i starting, no big deal at all.

The thread is a question posed to what if someone dumps a game, does your league have any rules in this regards? I know many do, just wanted to see some answers, i have no idea if anyone will dump a game, just posing a question after viewing a few less then marginal line ups.

And with Bell and Lundi both on waivers, i could see teams needing RB help pull off a shady move, even if legal to do so, i think it's shady.

Edited by theeohiostate

Yes, i put in half ass lineups too before so my oppenent doesn't know whom i starting, no big deal at all.

The thread is a question posed to what if someone dumps a game, does your league have any rules in this regards? I know many do, just wanted to see some answers, i have no idea if anyone will dump a game, just posing a question after viewing a few less then marginal line ups.

And with Bell and Lundi both on waivers, i could see teams needing RB help pull off a shady move, even if legal to do so, i think it's shady.

Is there a rule against shady? If not, then there is nothing you can do without ending up having to evaluate every lineup every week. This is not the job of a commish to get involved. Nothing good can come of telling someone what they can and cannot do with their team.

How many teams in this league? Just curious.

Is there a rule against shady? If not, then there is nothing you can do without ending up having to evaluate every lineup every week. This is not the job of a commish to get involved. Nothing good can come of telling someone what they can and cannot do with their team.

How many teams in this league? Just curious.

12 Teamer. I don't agree with your logic here of a commish never getting involved, in a keeper league if someone is trading all there next years draft picks or dumping players are you to allow this knowing they won't be back the next season, just becuase "Your not supposed to get involved?" I don't think so, this logic is not only stupid buy severily damages the league to try to fill a spot vacated by an owner that intentionally did this to his team.

Dude,

I think you or whomever is commish is micro-commishing, is that a word? I mean, is there really someone with a SUBMITTED lineup with VY as their QB? I dunno, I kind of find it hard to believe somoene would dump week 1 for Bell. It just seems like way overanalzyzing before anything has actaully happened.

Looks like someone has VY in at QB on a WED, so what?? How can the commishes be making a judgement call or enforcing some sort of rule before week 1 even has begun..... Y'all have rules in place- chill out, jeebus start the games already :D

I am sure your BOTH leagues have solid rules in place- this just seems a little overbearing and commie-like.

Our local makes the last place team pay an extra hundie to keep it interesting all season.

Dude,

I think you or whomever is commish is micro-commishing, is that a word? I mean, is there really someone with a SUBMITTED lineup with VY as their QB? I dunno, I kind of find it hard to believe somoene would dump week 1 for Bell. It just seems like way overanalzyzing before anything has actaully happened.

Looks like someone has VY in at QB on a WED, so what?? How can the commishes be making a judgement call or enforcing some sort of rule before week 1 even has begun..... Y'all have rules in place- chill out, jeebus start the games already :D

I am sure your BOTH leagues have solid rules in place- this just seems a little overbearing and commie-like.

Our local makes the last place team pay an extra hundie to keep it interesting all season.

DUDE, Did you read anything? This is a question as to how to handle a situation like this if it arises, no rulings are being made, i simply wanted to know if i should make a deal out of it , IF , someone submitted this line up as final.

I don't think it out of the rhealm of possibility at all , that someone would dump, i've seen alot worse then that. No one is micro commishing anything, just wanting other opinons on how your leagues would handle it if someone dumped.

Every year a few people step up and tell us someone in their league is "dumping" games.

This year i am in several leagues where Mike Bells was introduced into our drafts on MFL well after the draft started and the commishes had made the call to not allow him to be picked up , but put onto week 1 waivers.

Well, i was reviewing a few line ups and it sure appears like their may be an effort for a team or two to lose week one to gain the first pick and obtain him.

What should be done in this circumstance or can anything be done without a written rule for submittting an obviously horrible lineup like, Starting V.Young over Bledsoe and so on.

Should i ask the commish to mandate that all owners start a competitive line up and if so, how will "competitve" be determined?

Gee ... this wouldn't have been a problem had teams been allowed to draft players they wanted to draft

Gee ... this wouldn't have been a problem had teams been allowed to draft players they wanted to draft

Dunno about that, Lundi went undrafted and is a hot waiver pick up. He wasn't added by the hosting site during the draft .

Edited by theeohiostate

DUDE, Did you read anything? This is a question as to how to handle a situation like this if it arises, no rulings are being made, i simply wanted to know if i should make a deal out of it , IF , someone submitted this line up as final.

I don't think it out of the rhealm of possibility at all , that someone would dump, i've seen alot worse then that. No one is micro commishing anything, just wanting other opinons on how your leagues would handle it if someone dumped.

TOS- of course I read it. If this was a thread looking for hows and ifs to deal with someone dumping, then why post the VY lineup?? Anyway, I think like stated above- if someone wants to dump week 1- let em. I really see the chances being slim, but I don't see much that could be done to prevent it- that would be micro-commishing. You can't have the commish reviewing lineups, seeing who is playing the correct players.

I have also seen some weird stuff, dumping week 1- never.

DID you read my post?- to preven this sh1t we make the last place team pay an extra $100- Not too late to throw in some incentive to not finish last before the weekend, which wipes out any possible dumping.

Edited by wildcat2334

Dumping a game for whatever reason is wrong.

I'm not sure that you can craft a rule to prevent it. You shouldn't have to. I guess your remedy is to get a new owner for next year to replace the Megan Foxbag.

Dumping a game for whatever reason is wrong.

I'm not sure that you can craft a rule to prevent it. You shouldn't have to. I guess your remedy is to get a new owner for next year to replace the Megan Foxbag.

what really sucks about a situation like this (not that i think this guy is sandbagging. he might be a Vince Young fan. and I'm actually being serious) is that the other guy might have a automatic win, and he might actually lose witha valid startup. (this guy hardly has a Shaun Alexander TD machine on his bench, but still)

Lets say the other guys team is actually pretty strong, and he could go on a streak and make the playoffs by 1 game. That is the only reason I see to interfere, and even then I say don't interfere. Dont invite the guy back (if you can prove he's sandbagging, or if the league agrees regardless)

As much as i hate to agree with the loser Grits, he's right. This wouldn't have happened if you were allowed to draft whoever you wanted.

If I wanted to draft my favorite McDonalds drive through employee, what the hell would you care. Put a placement guy in there and get past it.

This wouldn't have happened if you were allowed to draft whoever you wanted.

If I wanted to draft my favorite McDonalds drive through employee, what the hell would you care. Put a placement guy in there and get past it.

No one was NOT permitted to draft Lundi, he simply wasnt drafted, because at the time of the draft DD was healthy and Lundi wasn't a consideration. The ENTIRE league agreed to handle the Bell issue as we did, even the owner that had actually located him on the player search and drafted him on their team. I see no problem whatsoever when all 12 league members agreed on how to handle the Bell situation.

This was far different then in another BOTH league i played in where the commish simply said Bell was off limits without any league vote or input.

Why would your opponent care who you start? It's not like he could plan a defense against your WR scheme or figure out a way to beat your starting D or something. It's fantasy football, not real football :D

To be honest, I rarely even bother looking to see who my opponent is starting as I have enough to do keeping up with my own lineups.

Why would your opponent care who you start? It's not like he could plan a defense against your WR scheme or figure out a way to beat your starting D or something. It's fantasy football, not real football :D

To be honest, I rarely even bother looking to see who my opponent is starting as I have enough to do keeping up with my own lineups.

:D leave it to Ursa...that was funny.

Not much you can do about it really if it isnt in the rules. Last year our league had an IR in case your player got hurt you could pick up someone new w/o cutting him. Only problem was there were no specifics as to the qualification of IR players. By years end, teams were putting defensive units in IR and basically using it as an extra roster spot. This year I did away with the IR and just gave everyone the extra roster spot so everyone would benefit equally.

Not much you can do about it really if it isnt in the rules. Last year our league had an IR in case your player got hurt you could pick up someone new w/o cutting him. Only problem was there were no specifics as to the qualification of IR players. By years end, teams were putting defensive units in IR and basically using it as an extra roster spot. This year I did away with the IR and just gave everyone the extra roster spot so everyone would benefit equally.

why not take away the roster spot, or better yet, make only players actually ON IR..you know...available for the IR spot? just a thought.