[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jamal Lewis

MrTed46

I won Jamal Lewis in an auction league and I was very happy. But reading projections, posts, and start/bench articles I feel that it was a mistake. It was an auction league and I passed on Rudi Johnson (but he would have cost more so its hard to say I passed on him, but I didn't bid on Rudi because Jamal was there).

My thought process was with McNair they won't stack 50 in the box and give him lane (which he never ever had in his career). I think he is fairly fast with some finness but most importantly he is a bruiser and can muster up alot of yards by running people over and making them miss.

Am I a fool to think he will have a good season (good meaning as RB #2)?

Please chime in

I think he's a gamble at this point in his career for us FF'ers. You have to take him if the value for the pick is right and hope for the best. We are all in a wait and see approach, the Ravens offense LOOKS intriguing however IIRC they didn't do so hot in preseason if you want to use that in your judgement.

"Jamal Lewis

Was I crazy?"

Maybe. Probably, passing up bidding on Rudi to go for Lewis instead - given that your choice in your mind was between Lewis & Rudi I would have to assume we're talking about your #1 FF RB on your team - it would depend on how much Rudi went for & how much you paid for Lewis. Big risk, IMO, if Lewis is indeed your #1 RB.

I won Jamal Lewis in an auction league and I was very happy. But reading projections, posts, and start/bench articles I feel that it was a mistake. It was an auction league and I passed on Rudi Johnson (but he would have cost more so its hard to say I passed on him, but I didn't bid on Rudi because Jamal was there).

My thought process was with McNair they won't stack 50 in the box and give him lane (which he never ever had in his career). I think he is fairly fast with some finness but most importantly he is a bruiser and can muster up alot of yards by running people over and making them miss.

Am I a fool to think he will have a good season (good meaning as RB #2)?

Please chime in

I agree with you. I have Lewis also, mostly due to need rather than by choice. But after thinking it out, like you said, teams will not get to stack the line with McNair, Mason, Heap and Clayton on the O. McNair gives them a legit passing threat that Boller did not. I think Jamal will be a plesant surprise this year. Maybe not great but good enough as a #2. :fingerscrossed:

Edited by BigTen

"Jamal Lewis

Was I crazy?"

Maybe. Probably, passing up bidding on Rudi to go for Lewis instead - given that your choice in your mind was between Lewis & Rudi I would have to assume we're talking about your #1 FF RB on your team - it would depend on how much Rudi went for & how much you paid for Lewis. Big risk, IMO, if Lewis is indeed your #1 RB.

No I didn't necessarily pass on Rudi for Jamal to be my #1. McGahee is my #1 (maybe I am crazy there also). I got them both for good deals as Rudi would have cost me more money.

What I was refering to, Am I crazy for thinking Jamal will go off this year. The articles I read all indicate I am crazy.

Going into the draft I didn't think Jamal as a sleeper, but now if he does go off I guess he would be. Alot of people don't have confidence in him.

:D:D

:D

i hope you got Musa too.

I don't have Musa, but he is available and I don't think I want any part of that if Jamal tanks I will just drop him all together. I already have a cluttered RB in that league. I bid heavy on WR and TE and went soft on RB so I have many Backups.

I already have a cluttered RB in that league. I bid heavy on WR and TE and went soft on RB so I have many Backups.

That would imply to me that it would be imperative to handcuff a starting RB. If you have a RB corps loaded with backups, you're counting on injuries to enhance the strength of your RBs. If that's the case, you'd better damn well handcuff whatever starting RB you have, or the injury bug biting the wrong way could cost you your FF season before it is even half over.

I'm a relatively risk-tolerant FF player, but you're taking risks that I'd never consider.

No I didn't necessarily pass on Rudi for Jamal to be my #1. McGahee is my #1 (maybe I am crazy there also). I got them both for good deals as Rudi would have cost me more money.

What I was refering to, Am I crazy for thinking Jamal will go off this year. The articles I read all indicate I am crazy.

Going into the draft I didn't think Jamal as a sleeper, but now if he does go off I guess he would be. Alot of people don't have confidence in him.

:D:D

I couldn't pass on Jamal as I picked him up for $6 in a 12 team/14 roster $100 cap league. The price was right as I had already spent $43 on Alexander. Hope Jamal's hip heals up. Figured I could afford to take a chance.

Edited by Crispy

I couldn't pass on Jamal as I picked him up for $6 in a 12 team/14 roster $100 cap league. The price was right as I had already spent $43 on Alexander. Hope Jamal's hip heals up. Figured I could afford to take a chance.

Thats the price I got him for but 16 man roster (paid 9 in $150 cap league)

That would imply to me that it would be imperative to handcuff a starting RB. If you have a RB corps loaded with backups, you're counting on injuries to enhance the strength of your RBs. If that's the case, you'd better damn well handcuff whatever starting RB you have, or the injury bug biting the wrong way could cost you your FF season before it is even half over.

I'm a relatively risk-tolerant FF player, but you're taking risks that I'd never consider.

Is Musa the clear cut backup or is M Anderson a factor also. That is why I am avoiding the situation.

I have C Brown and Lundy/Morency as my backup #2 RB in case Jamal doesnt pan out.