[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Team Defense Report

Sgt. Ryan

I considered AZ but then saw that nobody...NOBODY...took the Eagles D in 2 of my leagues. Needless to say...GO PHILLY!

I have the Birds defense in several leagues as well, as their opening schedule is a cake walk for team defense. But lets hope Philly still loses the game 3-0... :D

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Eh. Let's see, the leader of their linebackers is out (Dansby). Gave up 24.2 ppg (7th worst in NFL) in '05 and really haven't improved since then.

The Niners, however, have improved on offense. Alex Smith, while still very raw, has another training camp under his belt. Frank Gore can run. The Niner OL is underrated. Antonio Bryant and Arnaz Battle can make plays.

Let's just say that the Cards received some consideration but I'm only asked to rank the top 12, and the Cards were just on the other side looking in.

Eh. Let's see, the leader of their linebackers is out (Dansby). Gave up 24.2 ppg (7th worst in NFL) in '05 and really haven't improved since then.

The Niners, however, have improved on offense. Alex Smith, while still very raw, has another training camp under his belt. Frank Gore can run. The Niner OL is underrated. Antonio Bryant and Arnaz Battle can make plays.

Let's just say that the Cards received some consideration but I'm only asked to rank the top 12, and the Cards were just on the other side looking in.

I think you are missing the boat big time on this matchup.

This is why I think this is a gravey matchup for the Cards, and quite possibly the best matchup of the weekend.

In Week 4

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=251002022

The score was 31-14 Cards, but that is misleading, as both scores by the 9ers were defensive TDs. The Cards D held San Francisco to 0 pts, 168 total yards, forced 4 turnovers, recorded 5 sacks, and Dansby had 1 solo tackle in the game.

In Week 13

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=251204025

Alex smith threw for only 185 yards 3 INTs

The Cards D held the 9ers to 220 total yards and 10 pts, 7 of which resulted in a turnover in their own end of the field. They forced 4 turnovers, 3 sacks, and gave up only 51 rushing yards.

Dansby is a good fantasy LB, but not a true game changing LB. His absence will be missed more by fantasy owners than the Cardinals. The Cards also get a compliment DT to play next to D. Dockett with K Clancy from the Giants. Bert Berry and A rolle are healthy again, and the addition of Edge will keep the 9ers off the field limiting their chance to score. The Cards offense on the other hand could easily put up 35 pts, and make the 9ers throw to catch up. This works right into the Cards hands. Smith is a turnover machine, and the more he passes, the more chances for sacks and turnovers for the Cards D.

Throw in the fact Alex Smith this preseason in 4 games has 3 INT and 1 TD in limited action, doesnt tell me he is getting it done offensively this year either.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

I think you are missing the boat big time on this matchup.

This is why I think this is a gravey matchup for the Cards, and quite possibly the best matchup of the weekend.

In Week 4

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=251002022

The score was 31-14 Cards, but that is misleading, as both scores by the 9ers were defensive TDs. The Cards D held San Francisco to 0 pts, 168 total yards, forced 4 turnovers, recorded 5 sacks, and Dansby had 1 solo tackle in the game.

In Week 13

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=251204025

Alex smith threw for only 185 yards 3 INTs

The Cards D held the 9ers to 220 total yards and 10 pts, 7 of which resulted in a turnover in their own end of the field. They forced 4 turnovers, 3 sacks, and gave up only 51 rushing yards.

Dansby is a good fantasy LB, but not a true game changing LB. His absence will be missed more by fantasy owners than the Cardinals. The Cards also get a compliment DT to play next to D. Dockett with K Clancy from the Giants. Bert Berry and A rolle are healthy again, and the addition of Edge will keep the 9ers off the field limiting their chance to score. The Cards offense on the other hand could easily put up 35 pts, and make the 9ers throw to catch up. This works right into the Cards hands. Smith is a turnover machine, and the more he passes, the more chances for sacks and turnovers for the Cards D.

Throw in the fact Alex Smith this preseason in 4 games has 3 INT and 1 TD in limited action, doesnt tell me he is getting it done offensively this year either.

All valid points. If I had the Cards D I would start them in a hearbeat. Instead, I'm rolling with the Eagles who should get some points too. Let's hope Carr still likes to hold on to the football and take sacks. :D

All valid points. If I had the Cards D I would start them in a hearbeat. Instead, I'm rolling with the Eagles who should get some points too. Let's hope Carr still likes to hold on to the football and take sacks. :D

I have the Birds in one league, and Im starting them. Picked the cards up in my homer league for this week, and starting them there.

I have the Birds defense in several leagues as well, as their opening schedule is a cake walk for team defense. But lets hope Philly still loses the game 3-0... :D

No No No - Basket has 5 catches for 70yrd 1td

Westbrook 80yrds rushing 46yrds receiving

2 tds

LJ Smith 60yrds 1td

So....should I pick up the Cards D, instead of playing Vikes AT Redskins? I've been looking for that sneaky play, as I don't have much confidence in the Vikes. Are the Cards the sneaky play? Or will it be a shootout? Looking forward to some replies. Thanks!

I would most definitely play the Cards' D over the Vikes'.

• 1 month later...