[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Derrick Mason

CrazedBronco

You and me both want to know. I live near baltimore, but news is scarce...They say he is playing, but I freaking hate starting the season with one of my top guys listed with a "Q" beside his name. If he was "P" it'd be no big deal, if it was "D" or "O" I could just go with another guy.

But being "Q" means he may or may not...I will say this about Derrick Mason...he is a gamer, a guy you can count on and I love the guy. Still, with the injury and the difficult matchup I've toyed with not playing him, but if he does indeed play Im running him.

I have noticed that Mason is now listed as questionable for this week. What's the story? I was going to start him but may fall back to McCardell or Moulds if it doesn't look like he is going to go. These thursday starts kill with injuries.

CrazedBronco

Um....none of the players you mention have a Thursday start. Is it that your lineup has to be set before the first game?

Um....none of the players you mention have a Thursday start. Is it that your lineup has to be set before the first game?

Ya. We have argued about this rule in the past but there is pro and cons for and against it. Maybe we will change it one day but our league is pretty slow to change rules.

CrazedBronco

I am in the Mason debate also. I am starting Chris Chambers. With Steve Smith Q I was now planning on starting D Mason who I now see as Q. So now I may go with D Stallworth. I think he has good upside against Houston. I just hope he knows enough of the offense.

Anyone new news on Mason would be appreciated though

Ya. We have argued about this rule in the past but there is pro and cons for and against it. Maybe we will change it one day but our league is pretty slow to change rules.

CrazedBronco

I'd change that one - there is no logical reason to have that rule assuming everyone has Internet access.

I'd change that one - there is no logical reason to have that rule assuming everyone has Internet access.

Amen :D

And if they don't (have internet) they should just mail in their lineups for the whole year right after the draft

Edited soas not to offend the secularists

Edited by Bengal Mania

News: Despite being listed as questionable on the injury report, Ravens WR Derrick Mason (thigh) feels he will play at Tampa Bay in Week 1. "It's feeling fine," Mason said of his injury on Monday. "It was just one of those things where just a little rest [was needed], and once I got a little rest, it was feeling a lot better. I'm good to go for this week." The official NFL injury report says Mason did not practice with the full team on Wednesday, but he may have simply been held out as a precaution.

From CBS Sportsline (the best I can do)

Got this from Yahoo via KFFL:

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens WR Derrick Mason (thigh) practiced Wednesday, Sept. 6, and said he would start the Week 1 game. He is listed as questionable for the game.

Both reports seem to indicate he's a go.

From Fanball:

THE NEWS

Ravens number one wide receiver Derrick Mason missed some practice time Wednesday due to a thigh problem. He is officially listed as questionable according to the teams' injury report.

Our View

While we knew Mason was having some soreness in his leg, this was a little surprising. Missing reps Wednesday was likely a precautionary measure, but it certainly makes him a riskier play for this weekend. We'll continue to monitor his progress, and pass along any necessary updates.