[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is going on here

theeohiostate

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon...it would have been 1st and goal at the one....you really are reachng for straws here. It was Saban's fault, make sure you get the refs attention next time.

I am not denying they would have scored chances are they would have.............but there is a chance they could have been held to a field goal as well, the main point is getting the facts straight, he was clearly out of bounds, why are you argueing the fact and dismissing the TRUTH?

I get sick of seeing this crap every week in the NFL, they should have a HEAD official in the booth that can override the guys on the field at anytime. There are millions of dollars at stake in Vegas and across the FF world, it's plain and simple BS, to view it otherwise is being a blind homer.

While that might not have been a great throw, you guys all know he got it out there before the snap.

Doesn't matter, he has to make sure he has the refs attention. Do you really blame the ref, who was clearly in his proper position to call the line of scrimmage on the field goal. That flag didn't even get close to him, how was he supposed to know ? :D

I am not denying they would have scored chances are they would have.............but there is a chance they could have been held to a field goal as well, the main point is getting the facts straight, he was clearly out of bounds, why are you argueing the fact and dismissing the TRUTH?

I get sick of seeing this crap every week in the NFL, they should have a HEAD official in the booth that can override the guys on the field at anytime. There are millions of dollars at stake in Vegas and across the FF world, it's plain and simple BS, to view it otherwise is being a blind homer.

Actually, I said that he was CLEARLY out of bounds. I actually agree with your take. Since there is no buzzer, there needs to be an offical on the sideline at all times to be available for the challenges.

Seriously, how can you blame the official ? He was lined up in his position to call the field goal. The flag didn't even get close to him, and he obvioulsy didn't hear Saban. Saban didn't appear to be screaming or anything.

No, it was officiating error. Both on the initial call and in missing Saban's challenge.

I'll agree with you on the first, but, how is the 2nd and official's error ? He was in his proper positon for the extra point and didn't see the flag, which didn't come close to him, and obviously, didn't hear Saban. Please explain this to me.

Aside of the BS call, Pittsburg has played extremely well without Ben. The D has been great down the stretch.

I also looking forward to seeing C-Pep with this offense, he looked better then i thought tonight against a very good D. They should be very competitive every game this season.

Edited by theeohiostate

No, it was officiating error. Both on the initial call and in missing Saban's challenge.

I agree that the officials should have made the right call in the first place, but Saban pump faked twice before he threw that flag. His coaches should have told him right away to challange (I didn't even need the replay to see that he was out of bounds) and he should have ran to the closest official or thrown the flag right away. Instead he walked down the sidelines nonchalantly and pump faked twice. That is nobody's fault but Saban's.

Aside of the BS call, Pittsburg has played extremely well without Ben. The D has been great down the stretch.

Do you understand what I am saying though ? I agree Miller was CLEARLY out of bounds at the 1.5 yard line. However, I can't blame the official. He was in position for the extra point, and the flag didn't get close enough to him to get his attention. I really think that without the buzzer, they should have someone on the sidelines to monitor the challenges.

Blaming this loss on that call is downright laughable though. The Steelers earned this victory in the 4th Quarter. If I was a Dolphins fan, I would wonder how your defense could let a solid TE run down the field without anyone within 15 yards of him. The Dolphins are a very good team, and will be in the thick of things this year. I think the Steelers have proven that their defense is still solid. Getting this win without Ben is a good way to start the season.

I'll agree with you on the first, but, how is the 2nd and official's error ? He was in his proper positon for the extra point and didn't see the flag, which didn't come close to him, and obviously, didn't hear Saban. Please explain this to me.

That's a good question. You have seven officials on the field and there is less to monitor on the PAT. I'd like to think that either the field, side, or back judges would have a responsibility to look for challenges, but that might not be the case.

I think the head coaches still have the pager and the lesson I'd draw from tonight is that they should buzz the referee instead of throwing the flag, because it is now apparent that the officiating crew can miss the flag unless they are hit with it.

All that having been said, great performance tonight by the defending champions. And I'll miss Culpepper playing for the Viqueens!

That's a good question. You have seven officials on the field and there is less to monitor on the PAT. I'd like to think that either the field, side, or back judges would have a responsibility to look for challenges, but that might not be the case.

I think the head coaches still have the pager and the lesson I'd draw from tonight is that they should buzz the referee instead of throwing the flag, because it is now apparent that the officiating crew can miss the flag unless they are hit with it.

All that having been said, great performance tonight by the defending champions. And I'll miss Culpepper playing for the Viqueens!

I agree with you, but, they said the buzzer is no longer in effect. They really need to get an official on each sideline so that this doesn't become a bigger issue.

Menudo, the refs should always be watching a coach when there is a potential for a challenge. Are you really arguing that because the officials arent paying attention it is the coach's fault? Gimme a break, that is idiotic.

It wouldnt have had any impact on the outcome, IMO, but it was two clear officiating errors and I am feking sick of it. The refs blow. And I dont care if the flag leaves the coaches hand one second before the extra point--there better be a dam ref on the field paying attention or they need to get a cannon that a coach can set off with a button that will blast a round of grapeshot into the refs asz.

Are you so set on defending pathetic refs that you cant see reality?

Menudo, the refs should always be watching a coach when there is a potential for a challenge. Are you really arguing that because the officials arent paying attention it is the coach's fault? Gimme a break, that is idiotic.

It wouldnt have had any impact on the outcome, IMO, but it was two clear officiating errors and I am feking sick of it. The refs blow. And I dont care if the flag leaves the coaches hand one second before the extra point--there better be a dam ref on the field paying attention or they need to get a cannon that a coach can set off with a button that will blast a round of grapeshot into the refs asz.

Not at all, just asking the question. Saban had waited so long to throw the flag, that the refs were in there position to call the extra point. Should the ref ignore his responsibility to call the extra point to turn around and stare at the coach ?

:D Good stuff my question is.......

Has Nick Saban ever challenged a play before?? he clearly was not REALLY convinced he wanted to challenge the play. Looked like my gay uncle throwing lawn darts at our family reunion- ridiculous

Not at all, just asking the question. Saban had waited so long to throw the flag, that the refs were in there position to call the extra point. Should the ref ignore his responsibility to call the extra point to turn around and stare at the coach ?

Yes, a ref should be paying attention to the coach. Or the NFL needs a new system. Maybe a bullhorn? Or an electric dog collar where the coach can zap the refs by remote?

It is sickening.

Yes, a ref should be paying attention to the coach. Or the NFL needs a new system. Maybe a bullhorn? Or an electric dog collar where the coach can zap the refs by remote?

It is sickening.

I actually agree they need a new system. I don't think a ref that has responsibility for waching the extra point, should be ignoring that responsiblity to look at the coach just in case he challenges. If they aren't going to have buzzers, someone needs to be on the sidelines to monitor the coaches challenges. Next time, it could be a worse situation.

Dude! Be real, why it is whining when they obviously got cheated? Give me a break, i know you enjoy taking advantage of poor officiating but really? I would like to see a clean game for once, when the Steelers are involved. What is it with this team?

Nothing with the team. Refs missed a pass interference call against the Fins that made the Steelers punt from deep in their own territory. Just seems to me the Steelers games are now under a microscope.

Forget about the calls or non calls against them, let's just pick on the ones that favor them. Figures though you being from Ohio. Of course you're gonna whine also. You naturally want them to lose.

And by the way, Saban should have run out on the field to throw the flag. What was the worst that could have happened? Get a half the distance to the goal penalty. Cowher would have taken the chance, that's for sure.

Saban didn't have enough mustard on the flaggie to get it there.

Seriously though, it seems like there is always a sideline judge near the coach that is at least watching for a potential challenge flag to be thrown- it did seem kinda odd.

Yep, there should be, at all times. That needs to be taken care of. The NFL can certainly afford to pay two more officials.

Yes he should stare at the coach. That way whiny Stiller haters can complain because the ref misses an infraction on the extra point. Now that would be idiotic.

Saban didn't have enough mustard on the flaggie to get it there.

Seriously though, it seems like there is always a sideline judge near the coach that is at least watching for a potential challenge flag to be thrown- it did seem kinda odd.

Is the rule the coach has to throw the flag in front of the ref, or onto the field? This junior high stuff is ridiculous. Is this pro football or duck duck goose?

Saban threw the flag on the field before the kick. Period.

Is the rule the coach has to throw the flag in front of the ref, or onto the field? This junior high stuff is ridiculous. Is this pro football or duck duck goose?

Saban threw the flag on the field before the kick. Period.

I'm not arguing with you at all. I completely agree. Something definitely needs to be done.