[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is going on here

theeohiostate

Perhaps he was indecisive :D because the reversal would have put the Steelers at the one yard line, and wouldn't have been as hesitant if it was the 50 borderline catch/drop.

This is the crucial point.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone see that hands to the face call that bailed PIT out when it was 3rd and 16, and would have been 4th and 16, and PIT would have had to punt out of their own endzone? That call bothers me a lot more than the screw up on the Miller BS TD, because they more than likely would have scored anyway even if the refs got that one right. I think the hands to the face call that bailed them out was much more pivital in the game, as at that time MIA had the momentum, and the lead, and would have been working with a short field.

Speaking of hands to the face, regardless of the legitimacy of the call, why is it a 5 yard penalty with an automatic 1st down. It should be a true personal foul to get a 1st down. I know what the rules state, but this is a situation where I believe the rules need to be revisited. If it is bad enough, call the personal foul, not hands to the face.

The call may have bailed Pittsburgh out, but did you see Saban going off at the guilty party? Looked to me as if Saban knew the call was correct, otherwise he would have been going off at the officials.

:lol: That weak line is used by people consistently, and it always cracks me up. No, I don't play for the Steelres, but, as a fan, I am part of Steeler's Naton, and WE, the defending Super Bowl Champs, are 1-0.. :D:D:lol:

That you somehow consider yourself part of the team is weak . . . and laughable.

And your manlove for the guys that play for the Steelers is unseemly. I bet that its the yellow pants that get you going.

Did anyone see that hands to the face call that bailed PIT out when it was 3rd and 16, and would have been 4th and 16, and PIT would have had to punt out of their own endzone? That call bothers me a lot more than the screw up on the Miller BS TD, because they more than likely would have scored anyway even if the refs got that one right. I think the hands to the face call that bailed them out was much more pivital in the game, as at that time MIA had the momentum, and the lead, and would have been working with a short field.

Speaking of hands to the face, regardless of the legitimacy of the call, why is it a 5 yard penalty with an automatic 1st down. It should be a true personal foul to get a 1st down. I know what the rules state, but this is a situation where I believe the rules need to be revisited. If it is bad enough, call the personal foul, not hands to the face.

I agree!

Miami D and Sabban blew the game! Refs missed a couple but they didnt let Miller run 90 yards down the field.

That you somehow consider yourself part of the team is weak . . . and laughable.

And your manlove for the guys that play for the Steelers is unseemly. I bet that its the yellow pants that get you going.

Don't consider myself part of the team. I consider myself part of the fan base of the team.

Yes, I like the Steelers, they are my favorite team. Why does that bother you so much and make you insinuate that it is for homesexual reasons ? Just curious.

The call may have bailed Pittsburgh out, but did you see Saban going off at the guilty party? Looked to me as if Saban knew the call was correct, otherwise he would have been going off at the officials.

We were never shown a replay of it so, I'm not so much arguing the call as the rule. Either make it a 15 yard personal foul, or just a 5 yard penalty. Obviosly it wasn't done with intent, or they would have gotten a personal foul.

C'mon...it would have been 1st and goal at the one....you really are reachng for straws here. It was Saban's fault, make sure you get the refs attention next time.

wow. :D on trying to defend what happened or blaming Saban.

Really, for once you should just admit that the Steelers got a break they didn't deserve and agree that the situation needs to be rectified.

And then you can remind people that the Steelers won by more than a TD. Why is that so hard to put together? :D

We were never shown a replay of it so, I'm not so much arguing the call as the rule. Either make it a 15 yard personal foul, or just a 5 yard penalty. Obviosly it wasn't done with intent, or they would have gotten a personal foul.

I didn't see the play either, but, I agree with your point on the rule. The play does disrupt a pass route, so, I guess that you could argue that it should be an automatic first down, but, I agree that if it is bad enough to be giving a first down, then it should be a 15 yard personal foul.

wow. :D on trying to defend what happened or blaming Saban.

Really, for once you should just admit that the Steelers got a break they didn't deserve and agree that the situation needs to be rectified.

And then you can remind people that the Steelers won by more than a TD. Why is that so hard to put together? :D

Actually, if you read my posts last night, I said time and time again that something needs to be done. They need to have an official assigned to the sideline for such a situation. I also admitted that Heath Miller was clearly out of bounds. However, after it happened, some people were immediately starting to use that as an excuse for why the Steelers might end up winning.

Actually, if you read my posts last night, I said time and time again that something needs to be done. They need to have an official assigned to the sideline for such a situation. I also admitted that Heath Miller was clearly out of bounds. However, after it happened, some people were immediately starting to use that as an excuse for why the Steelers might end up winning.

Perhaps, but as soon as you start blaming Saban, you erase all that. Once you have put out there that something needs to be done and that Miller was clearly out of bounds, why reverse field and start making excuses. It just makes people pile on?

Perhaps, but as soon as you start blaming Saban, you erase all that. Once you have put out there that something needs to be done and that Miller was clearly out of bounds, why reverse field and start making excuses. It just makes people pile on?

The way I see it, it was Saban's fault. It was so obvious Mliller was out of bounds there should have been no doubt on whether or not to challenge. Saban waited way too long to throw the flag and once he finally decided to throw it, he threw it where it was obvious the official didn't/couldn't see it...and he knew the official didn't see it. It didn't appear that he even yelled at the official after he threw it.

First, I'm really not worried about the pile-on, and given the circumstances, I still do put some blame on Saban. The NFL official came out and said that they told the coaches they were allowed to come out of the box to make it known they are challenging the play. Saban should have made damn-sure that his voice was heard.

Don't consider myself part of the team. I consider myself part of the fan base of the team.

Yes, I like the Steelers, they are my favorite team. Why does that bother you so much and make you insinuate that it is for homesexual reasons ? Just curious.

Its tiresome. And it really is unseemly.

In any event, I think that I know what needs to be done:

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Menudo.

· View this post

· Squeeze me a little harder Menudo

Carry on.

Its tiresome. And it really is unseemly.

In any event, I think that I know what needs to be done:

Carry on.

:D

The dagger. I have done nothing but discuss football from last night and this morning. I thought that was what this board was for ? :D I haven't called anyone names, despite being called them myself, or attacked anyone about anything. However, I seem to still get under your skin, so it is probably a good idea to ignore me. Wait, you weren't able to read any of that. :lol:

Edited by Menudo