[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

C-Pep looked TERRIBLE Tonight

giantsfan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

his last 2 throws have been terrible, he's been off the mark with a few passes, but other than that he's a huge upgrade over Frerotte imo.

Not the point. No one said he wasn't better than Ferrotte, which by the way isn't saying much. Here is the bottom line tonight he underthrew minimum 6 open receivers. He missed Chambers WIDE open in the EZ. Now he is rusty and facing a VERY good D, but he was terrible tonight. He should get better but it is what it is tonight.

Not the point. No one said he wasn't better than Ferrotte, which by the way isn't saying much. Here is the bottom line tonight he underthrew minimum 6 open receivers. He missed Chambers WIDE open in the EZ. Now he is rusty and facing a VERY good D, but he was terrible tonight. He should get better but it is what it is tonight.

Terrible? I don't think so. He made a few bad throws but I'm encouraged. The Steelers still have an awesome D and the Fish were right there until the end. Remember, the Fish had no running game tonight what so ever so C-Pep was constantly throwing in obvious passing downs. On the road against a tough D, turnovers will eventually happen. If you are a C-Pep owner be encouraged. He has mobility, looks comfortable in the offense and will throw for a ton of yards this year. Awful throw Perter intercepted but hey there is next week when Buffalo comes to town. Man, I really wanted to get this win tonight.

miami is in for a very long year-with cpep throwing this poorly and brown unable to gain any yards defenses are going to tee off on them.

I wouldn't expect this all season. As a whole Miami did play pretty well up until the end. Once Culpepper shakes off the rust they should be fine and Ronnie Brown won't find it as hard to run against other teams.

I thought he looked fine. More fit and trim than I've ever seen him. He threw like crap though.

is he Paris Hilton? who cares.....

He was tentative, inaccurate, and he did not have any zip on his ball.

Was throwing like he did not have his legs all the way under him, which he doesn't.

I have chambers and i'm happy...he was just launching them to him in the redzone all night. I'm expecting some nice numbers when they play some weaker defenses,

if you are serious you gotta start sharing that stuff you're smoking. let us all see things through rose colored glasses.

Edited by bill2

My impression of Cpep is that he needs to be playing with the lead or else he will feel that he has to do everything...that is when he does too much and makes too many mistakes. He had great pocket sense he was slippery and slide around. However, once Heath scored the TD it was over for the fins. Ronnie Brown ran like crap. Cpep missed some open guys...but to say he looked horrible is hyperbole.

I wouldn't expect this all season. As a whole Miami did play pretty well up until the end. Once Culpepper shakes off the rust they should be fine and Ronnie Brown won't find it as hard to run against other teams.

The problem is he won't shake off the rust. That's how he is. We saw that for 6 games last year in MN, and he never seemed to get better. Oh sure, he had his monster years with Moss and Carter, and a dominant offensive line, but heaven forefend if he has to actually be a playmaker on his own.

Granted Pittsburgh has a top notch defense, Culpepper may have his day against the teams whose defenses are considered among the dregs of the league, but by and large an average defense now will stupify him with a few changes in the looks they give him.

Just my :D as a Viking fan.

And no, I'm not throwing Daunte under the bus, he ran there himself trying to recover his own fumble.

I guess you didn't pick up on the humor of his post. :D

Yeah I noticed the slym subtle humor after the fact.........

I was kinda doin 3 things at once. After further review- it wasn't that funny anyway, which is probably why I missed it the first time. Carry on :D

All these peeps swingin from CPepp's nuts forget he looked like crap last year before he blew the knee. I think the Fins could dissapoint, ease sched. and all

Edited by wildcat2334

he did look bad. You said he had a fe bad throws but his completion percentage was horrible. I think it was a little less then 50%. The reason for this though was the Steelers run defense. Once they stopped Ronnie Brown then they put the game in Cpep's hands to try and win the game and thats exactly what the Steelers wanted put too much pressure on Cpep so he will try something fancy and make some against the steelers D.

They need more time to gain confidence and play with each other more. Give it a few easy games and they will be able to play some real football.