[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

C-Pep looked TERRIBLE Tonight

giantsfan

First game back from a major knee injury and on the road vs the defending champs. Game was pretty close late until the Miller play.

Pepp looked rusty but I think poeple need to relax.

He did look shaky, but this is a new team and the Steelers D is confusing.

The refs sure helped Pittsburgh again too,

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not making a statement on The Dolphins season, I am not making a statement on C-Pep's season, all I am saying is last night in his first game in a long time on the road against a VERY good D he looked terrible. If people can't see that then I wonder what they are watching. With the exception of maybe that one pass that he floated in there down the sideline I just don't think he made a nice pass all night. Like I said he threw about 6 balls 3 yards short right into the ground when he had open receivers. He threw 2 terrible picks. And to me he just didn't seem to have it. Now as the games get easier, and at home in a setting like that Pitt may have the best D in the league, and he gets more comfortable it wouldn't surprise me if he played better. But for one game just last night no comment on the season as a whole he did not look good.

I am not making a statement on The Dolphins season, I am not making a statement on C-Pep's season, all I am saying is last night in his first game in a long time on the road against a VERY good D he looked terrible. If people can't see that then I wonder what they are watching. With the exception of maybe that one pass that he floated in there down the sideline I just don't think he made a nice pass all night. Like I said he threw about 6 balls 3 yards short right into the ground when he had open receivers. He threw 2 terrible picks. And to me he just didn't seem to have it. Now as the games get easier, and at home in a setting like that Pitt may have the best D in the league, and he gets more comfortable it wouldn't surprise me if he played better. But for one game just last night no comment on the season as a whole he did not look good.

I think we all know Daunte looked bad last night. It's not rocket science and any FF'er or even casual football fan can tell when someone is playing poorly. The responses to your post however is on everyone speculating on what kind of year he might or might not have. That's the fun of the MB. Throw out a topic and everyone throws in his/her .02. Did you expect to come out with a topic called "C-Pep looked TERRIBLE Tonight" and have everyone just go, "yep"? If so, why even state the obvious? :D

I have to agree, as a Phins fan Culpepper did look terrible last night. He was consistently underthrowing receivers. In the end zone he had a wide open Chambers and almost had the pass picked off he overthrew it so badly. I will chalk this one up to him being rusty and facing a very good defense but I sure hope he looks better next week against the Buffalo D which is a far cry from the Steelers D.

The Steelers obviously focused on Brown and wanted to force C-Pep to throw. They did that to perfection, but the Dolphins D played well enough for 3 1/2 quarters for them to win. Once that play to Miller happened the game was over. There was no way C-Pep playing like that was going to lead them to a win after getting down in the 4th quarter.

I think we all know Daunte looked bad last night. It's not rocket science and any FF'er or even casual football fan can tell when someone is playing poorly. The responses to your post however is on everyone speculating on what kind of year he might or might not have. That's the fun of the MB. Throw out a topic and everyone throws in his/her .02. Did you expect to come out with a topic called "C-Pep looked TERRIBLE Tonight" and have everyone just go, "yep"? If so, why even state the obvious? :D

1. Not my point. My point was just to state that I am not stating that I think this spells doom for his season or the Dolphins. If others want to hey great. Not knocking them at all. I just wanted to get my overall POV across.

2. I guess you didn't read all the posts because some DON'T think C-Pep looked terrible last night. So maybe it wasn't that obvious.

1. Not my point. My point was just to state that I am not stating that I think this spells doom for his season or the Dolphins. If others want to hey great. Not knocking them at all. I just wanted to get my overall POV across.

2. I guess you didn't read all the posts because some DON'T think C-Pep looked terrible last night. So maybe it wasn't that obvious.

1. I never said you were knocking them or spelling doom for the season. I'm just stating why everyone responded to your post the way they did. Nothing more.

2. If anyone thought daunte looked anything this side of crap last night, well I guess there's no hope for any of them. :D

At least Daunte didn't start the game by trying to dig himself out of his usual fumbling hole. Those fumbles or Ints usually happen on the first one or two drives. If his passes aren't accurate or if he's not taking off on the run, then he must be bothered either mentally or physically by his injuries.

1. I never said you were knocking them or spelling doom for the season. I'm just stating why everyone responded to your post the way they did. Nothing more.

2. If anyone thought daunte looked anything this side of crap last night, well I guess there's no hope for any of them. :D

I think we're on the same page here...LOL

Terrible? I don't think so. He made a few bad throws but I'm encouraged.

I think we all know Daunte looked bad last night. It's not rocket science and any FF'er or even casual football fan can tell when someone is playing poorly.

:D Blind homerism is the most entertaining part of this board IMO.

I don't think his knee is that strong yet. The balls didn't have a lot of zip on them and he will get better. Remember the damage he had.

Why they didn't stick with the run even while they were ahead should be asked too. The Steelers forced Culpepper to beat them and that killed them.

Daunte is now one dimensional. He can't scramble to set up his throws. He has no mobility. Defenses need to stop the run and force C-Pep to throw. Unfortunatley for Dolphin fans you are goig to suffer what Viking fans did last year. Poor decisions, bad throws, turnovers.

First game against a strong Steelers d...at home...Thursday night......celebrating super bowl win....Needs to get Chambers IN the game sooner rather than later.....I think C Pepp and Miami will bounce back, and Buffalo....Tenn and Houston next 3 games are just what the doctor ordered....

Culpepper didn't look good. Will he get better? Obviously everybody hopes so, but until you see some evidence for that, I would be very wary of starting him... remember this is his 7th bad game in a row, with a shredded knee thrown in their just for fun too.

The play that really stood out in my mind was that interception return for a TD. Culpepper is a big guy, and he just got thrown around like a little girl when he made a lame attempt to stop the defensive TD. He's not even close to beign the man that he once was on the field.

The other thing Culppepper has working against him right now is Saban. All I've heard this pre-season is how Saban is an amazing coach. Well, he did not look like it last night. He looked nervous, frightened, tentative, and he panicked and abandoned the run like a novice instead of sticking to his game plan. Without more balance in the Miami offense, defenders will be able to key in on Culpepper's tells. But again, it's just week 1, so maybe they will all settle down and do better in the weeks to come.

Everyone killing the Dolphins and CPepp needs to chill out.

The Dolphins were winning the game with 6 minutes to go at the home opener for the defending champs. A very bad pass interference call when the Steelers had a 3rd & 16 deep in their end changed the game.

Looking forward to when the Bills come to town next week.

if you are serious you gotta start sharing that stuff you're smoking. let us all see things through rose colored glasses.

Easy for you to talk bill after they played against one of the top defenses with thier running back getting 30 yards. Make sure your still around to talk to me 3 weeks from now after miami plays buffalo, tennessee and houston, and then let's see who's smoking what.

Everyone killing the Dolphins and CPepp needs to chill out.

The Dolphins were winning the game with 6 minutes to go at the home opener for the defending champs. A very bad pass interference call when the Steelers had a 3rd & 16 deep in their end changed the game.

Looking forward to when the Bills come to town next week.

You should....McGahee is going to put on a show for you and your coach's!!!

Edited by hause62

What we saw was an offense not up to the task against a stout, swarming, geeked up, superbowl champion defense playing in the national opener at home. Momentum began to swing after that 2nd Brown TD and that O-line was starting to lean on the Steelers D. That illegal hands to the face on 3rd and long IMO killed the Phins. They would have gotten the ball back and started pushing that D-line around. I was amazed at the sheer mass of the Miami offense. The O-line, McMichael, Brown, and C-Pep are all hugh, and I would think after the 3rd quarter they are gonna wear some people out. I think Polamalu's pick was a bad throw, but I think Porter made a helluva play on that ball.

Culpepper was terible last night and all you Phins fans that are saying otherwise need to take the rose colored glasses off. I'm not saying he won't improve, but he just floated a bunch of balls up there and hoped his guys came down with it. It looked like he has only been practicing with these guys for about 2 weeks so until he gets a better rhythm with them, he's going to continue to miss targets.

The play calling is what really cost the Phins a chance to win this game though. Up with 6 minutes left and you have Daunte throwing on every down with his horrendous completion percentage? I realize Brown wasn't getting much, but kill some clock and play clock management like the coach on the other sidelines does so well. I was shocked to see Saban outcoached so badly and that challenge flag toss was brutal. Quit pumping the throw and just let it go and maybe yell at the ref when he obviously didn't see the flag.

All in all though, as a Pats fan I was happy to see what I did from the Phins last night.