[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

C-Pep looked TERRIBLE Tonight

giantsfan

Culpepper is my FF QB and I was pretty ticked after the game. But looking back, the guy threw for 265 yards at Pittsburgh in wk 1. On top of that, Chambers and McMichael weren't even involved. Yes, he had some overthrows, underthrows and picks, but how come nobody is mentioning the pass he had to Chambers in the endzone that hit the moron in the hands and he dropped it???? It's always nice when your "stud" receiver catches perfect passes. On top of that, he was creating a lot of time to throw by moving around. I still think Culpepper could have a big year. I think he'll put up great numbers and play better the next few weeks.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Culpepper was awful in the first quarter, throwing passes behind receivers and into the turf. He made some good throws in the second and third quarters, floating a nice pass to Welker down the sideline and catching Pittsburgh's secondary with their pants down a few times for big plays. But once the Dolphins lost the lead in the 4th and the Steelers secondary dropped back into coverage, Daunte's inability to read defenses was exposed. Not being able to scramble effectively is going to kill this guy big-time. That was a huge part of his game and now that defenses don't need a linebacker to spy on him, that LB can drop back into coverage. He's never read defenses well to begin with and he's going to struggle dealing with that extra guy in coverage (e.g., Joey Porter's INT).

Culpepper is good enough to start in the NFL, but he'll never be an elite QB again.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Culpepper is my FF QB and I was pretty ticked after the game. But looking back, the guy threw for 265 yards at Pittsburgh in wk 1. On top of that, Chambers and McMichael weren't even involved. Yes, he had some overthrows, underthrows and picks, but how come nobody is mentioning the pass he had to Chambers in the endzone that hit the moron in the hands and he dropped it???? It's always nice when your "stud" receiver catches perfect passes. On top of that, he was creating a lot of time to throw by moving around. I still think Culpepper could have a big year. I think he'll put up great numbers and play better the next few weeks.

That ball had the touch of a Nolan Ryan fast ball.

I have to agree, as a Phins fan Culpepper did look terrible last night. He was consistently underthrowing receivers. In the end zone he had a wide open Chambers and almost had the pass picked off he overthrew it so badly. I will chalk this one up to him being rusty and facing a very good defense but I sure hope he looks better next week against the Buffalo D which is a far cry from the Steelers D.

The Steelers obviously focused on Brown and wanted to force C-Pep to throw. They did that to perfection, but the Dolphins D played well enough for 3 1/2 quarters for them to win. Once that play to Miller happened the game was over. There was no way C-Pep playing like that was going to lead them to a win after getting down in the 4th quarter.

EXACTLY. Steeles D or nothing, he missed Chambes wide up and was bouncing passing behind recievers. He choked. Hard.

C-Pep proved several years ago that he's only as good as the best receiver(s) to his right and/or left. Hell, put ME in the backfield with Moss and Carter (and Jake Reed) to throw to and I'd probably be playing in Hawaii at the end of the season, too. If he learns to rely on Chambers the way he did Moss, he could look good again. NOTE: Wes Welker ain't Moss...now or ever. And for Heaven's sake, when in doubt, throw the damn short dump off to a wide open Ronnie Brown...please!!! :D

EXACTLY. Steeles D or nothing, he missed Chambes wide up and was bouncing passing behind recievers. He choked. Hard.

When Daunte let go of that pass it was going right where Chambers was headed. CHAMBERS is the one who messed this play up by letting the db push him off his route. Don't believe me? Ask TiVo. Look at the network's replay.

palomalu pick = bad throw

porter pick = great defense

Other than that, can't ask for too much more than nearly 300 yards against the defending champs in their home opener without a running game.

Had it not been for all those terrible early throws he would have easily had 400 yds. Was it an A+ performance? Hell no. Was it terrible? Not in my book. Can't be terrilbe when you're 3-4 incompletions away from 400 yds.

porter pick = great defense

You need to go back and watch that play again. All Porter did was drop back into coverage. Culpepper threw the ball about three feet to the left of where Porter was STANDING. Porter barely had to move!

porter pick = QB who can't read defenses

Edited by Bill Swerski