[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worried about Phillip Rivers?

McBoog

Rivers is obviously a wait-and-see player this year. I am a homer, but have tried to cut through that and still believe he will be fine. Some of you have probably seen my posts arguing that he is already better than Brees ever was.

We'll see. I hope I am not wrong. :lol:

For those of you that want a little extra comfort in how well he might do, I thought that this was :D a good article :D !

Enjoy! :lol:

Your friendly neighborhood...

Boogieman :brew:

Rivers is obviously a wait-and-see player this year. I am a homer, but have tried to cut through that and still believe he will be fine. Some of you have probably seen my posts arguing that he is already better than Brees ever was.

We'll see. I hope I am not wrong. :lol:

For those of you that want a little extra comfort in how well he might do, I thought that this was :D a good article :D !

Enjoy! :lol:

Your friendly neighborhood...

Boogieman :brew:

Rivers is going to be very good. I'll admit that he was who I really wanted the Steelers to get in that draft 2 years ago. Though, I'm obviously happy wiht Roethlisberger, I still have a really good feeling about Rivers. I think he is going to be successful right off the bat this year. The Chargers are my upset pick to win the AFC West.

I agree about Rivers. He is in a great spot: excellent RB, great TE, and a solid veteran receiver. He is also fortunate to be starting his career against the Raiders. He will have a nice game (220 and 1 td) and a very impressive season (for a first year starter).

:D definately a good read mcboog...

I would really love to start this guy on MNF...but I have to start Bulger... :D

Dude, I’m with you. There is no way you can count on any type of production until he actually does it. I think he will. His team mates are excited about him, thecoaching staff, and me. I am the biggest homer AND biggest critic as well. As an ex-player and coach, you have to be as honest as possible, with yourself, internally, without being jaded by being a fan!

The kid has “IT”! But can he put “it” on the field!?!?

The safe play for the first few weeks is NOT Rivers. Forget optimism, you have to win with what is known.

I do have a feeling however, that a few weeks from now, he will be a solid start in most larger leagues. We can only “wait and see”.

This really wasn’t intended to be a thread about how great Rivers or the Chargers are going to be. I just thought it was a good read and was VERY impressed with how his mates are already talking about him.

Very positive!

He is a GREAT kid, and if he succeeds, having guys like Gates, LT, Rivers, Neal, etc. good guys AND good players, this could be a very popular National team! If V-Jax comes through like we think he will, WOW!

Dude, I’m with you. There is no way you can count on any type of production until he actually does it. I think he will. His team mates are excited about him, thecoaching staff, and me. I am the biggest homer AND biggest critic as well. As an ex-player and coach, you have to be as honest as possible, with yourself, internally, without being jaded by being a fan!

The kid has “IT”! But can he put “it” on the field!?!?

The safe play for the first few weeks is NOT Rivers. Forget optimism, you have to win with what is known.

I do have a feeling however, that a few weeks from now, he will be a solid start in most larger leagues. We can only “wait and see”.

This really wasn’t intended to be a thread about how great Rivers or the Chargers are going to be. I just thought it was a good read and was VERY impressed with how his mates are already talking about him.

Very positive!

He is a GREAT kid, and if he succeeds, having guys like Gates, LT, Rivers, Neal, etc. good guys AND good players, this could be a very popular National team! If V-Jax comes through like we think he will, WOW!

If he goes into the hole and throws 200+ yds and 2 TD's...I will start him against the Titans next week....

of course I don't know who Bulger plays...