[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets WR: Jerricho Cotchery

DeezNuts

Little was mentioned of this... was just curious to see if this guy has some upside. With the RB uncertainty in NY; thinking they may have to let it fly, I remember watching this guy in a few NCST games in college and he was pretty good... hmmm... he's a 3rd year WR as well... any thoughts?

Sep 7 Colin Stephenson, of the Star-Ledger, reports New York Jets WR Jerricho Cotchery was listed ahead of WR Justin McCareins on the team's unofficial depth chart released Thursday, Sept. 7.

The kid's got some skills.

Good speed, decent hands. Definitely underutilized by Herman Edwards last year. Then again, with Brooks Bollinger at QB, all the receivers were underutilized. Cotchery will put up decent numbers and is a good 2nd or 3rd option on your fantasy roster.

The kid's got some skills.

Good speed, decent hands. Definitely underutilized by Herman Edwards last year. Then again, with Brooks Bollinger at QB, all the receivers were underutilized. Cotchery will put up decent numbers and is a good 2nd or 3rd option on your fantasy roster.

Vet how do you feel about Pennington this year.

I think he looks worst than ever. I hope he picks up his game a little.

Vet how do you feel about Pennington this year.

I think he looks worst than ever. I hope he picks up his game a little.

I don't feel good about him. Not necessarily due to arm-strength or anything like that, just due how the team has changed.

Think back to when Pennington had success - the Jets had a great running game, Pennington is great at play-action, they made the offense very simple and never asked Pennington to do too much. So, he had an incredible completion percentage and almost never thre an INT. But, with two rookie offensive linemen, no real threat out of the backfield or at the WR position, play action isn't going to work like it used to. His INT numbers will go up this year because he'll be forced to take more chances (everyone will blame his arm, but it will be more due to him having to take more risks), teams will continue to take away the middle of the field and force him to beat them outside the numbers. He's going to take a beating back there with that O-line. I think Ferguson and Mangold will be great someday, but as rookies let's face it they are going to miss an assignment or two.

And Chad's greatest attribute (I thought) was leadership - Remember how he used to run down the field and head-butt the linemen after a big block, you'd always see him lifting someone's spirit on the sidelines or waving the towel to cheer on the defense. I haven't seen any of that in two years. I think these injuries, and to some extent all the criticism heaped on him, has taken it's toll on his psyche. When you see an interview with him these days, he's just not the same person.

I love the guy - he has sacrificed himself for the franchise and deserves every penny he can get and I'll be rooting for him. But I don't have a great deal of confidence that he'll finish the season or be back next year.