[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Raiders change name to "The Al Davis".

Bushey

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, you would think they are afraid of our team or something? Look tell us something we don't know! When I joined this Huddle site I had no idea that there would be so much hatred in the boards for just one team! ...

Dude, you don't get it. These Huddle boards are just a snapshot of the National picture. EVERYONE "hates" the Raiders! Because they SUCK! :D

Please understand that this attitude has nothing to do with record or performance. It has to do with Holloweeny 8 times a year in the Black A-hole, an infantile attitude in its fan base and an owner that wears an ice cream man suit! :lol:

You can try to face me as to how bad my team has sucked in the past and how we haven't won a Superbowl. I know this better than any of you and freely bring it up. The fact that I remain loyal to this team DESPITE the history makes me a greater fan than most Raider fans will ever know!

IF the Raider fan base survives this current era of being a horrible franchise, trust me, you will enjoy the next up cycle more than any of the past! :D

Oh, and by the way, Bushy gets "it". :D

I could drink a beer with you dude, probably the first Raider fan I can ever say that about! :D

If it counts coming from a Charger fan, BUT an even bigger fan of the NFL first, I think your post and analysis, after reading through your obvious frustration was pretty right on! :lol:

Good Job! :lol:

Call it whatever you like. You can always choose to ignore if it is upsetting you. My thread is just a cullmination of frustration with this team.

Not upsetting me. I just called it like I saw it.

Not selecting Leinart or Cutler for that matter just sealed it for me. I can write all you want about the glory days of the Raiders. The fact is that they could have used Leinart or Cutler. A leader is what they need.

They believe they already have the future QB, Walter. Why waste another pick and not take a position they they desperately need ot fill on Defense? Huff was a great pick. Brooks was an a$$ FA move, but Huff was a great pick.

They just got rid of Doug Gabriel for a 5th round draft pick. Why not ship Porter to them and eat his salary for the year? Having players with bad attitudes used to work provided there was some strong leadership.
Probably cuz NE, or anybody else, doesn't want Porter and his attitude and huge contract? Oak still has a slew of WR's with potential in Whitted, Curry and Morant.

In this day and age of the NFL, bad attitudes sink teams.
Not gonna argue that at all, as I agree. I am a long-on-record Moss hater. That didn't change when he came to Oak, nor did my hatred of Sapp.

Look how the Pats are dealing with Deione Branch. They are sitting him and found a replacement. Would sure like the Raiders to follow suit at some point.

Isn't this how Oak is dealing with Porter? And I don't think NE is sitting Branch, he's holding out and getting fined unles sthi shas changed in the recent week (it may have). Edited by The Vatican Hitsquad

Oh, and by the way, Bushy gets "it". :lol:

I could drink a beer with you dude, probably the first Raider fan I can ever say that about! :D

If it counts coming from a Charger fan, BUT an even bigger fan of the NFL first, I think your post and analysis, after reading through your obvious frustration was pretty right on! :lol:

Good Job! :woot:

:D Here's to you McBoog. The Chargers are in a much better position to go to the SB. All they need to do is get rid of Shotty and his bad luck. :brew:

:D Here's to you McBoog. The Chargers are in a much better position to go to the SB. All they need to do is get rid of Shotty and his bad luck. :lol:

Oh GOD YES! I think we would be better off with Cam Cameron as head coach! :D Marty's gig gets boring after a while!

This is the real reason we are the most hated franchise in the league...because we have kicked everyone's but since the inception of our franchise in the early 60s. Read and weap haters....with the exception of 2 or 3 franchises the Raiders have a winning record against all teams in the NFL.

All-time Records vs. Other Franchises

W L T PF PA

------------------------------------

vs. atl 7 4 0 312 245

vs. buf 19 17 0 797 772

vs. car 2 1 0 93 71

vs. chi 6 5 0 198 197

vs. cin 19 7 0 641 474

vs. cle 11 6 0 371 271

vs. clt 8 4 0 299 274

vs. crd 4 2 0 152 132

vs. dal 6 3 0 191 201

vs. den 54 37 2 2042 1819

vs. det 6 3 0 217 159

vs. gnb 5 4 0 161 164

vs. htx 0 1 0 17 30

vs. jax 1 2 0 32 36

vs. kan 42 48 2 1820 1933

vs. mia 17 12 1 610 575

vs. min 9 3 0 304 214

vs. nor 5 4 1 231 211

vs. nwe 15 14 1 750 652

vs. nyg 7 3 0 227 157

vs. nyj 19 14 2 846 741

vs. oti 24 17 0 955 952

vs. phi 5 5 0 226 161

vs. pit 11 11 0 450 400

vs. ram 7 3 0 241 192

vs. rav 1 2 0 44 44

vs. sdg 55 36 2 2114 1949

vs. sea 28 23 0 1154 1086

vs. sfo 6 4 0 187 227

vs. tam 5 1 0 186 92

vs. was 8 3 0 276 214

The simple fact the AL DAVIS and the Raider fans know this and continuously bring this up is what gets on you Hater's nerves. This and the simple fact that you are still licking your wounds from the all the loses imposed on your precious teams at the hands of the loathsome Raiders.

The Chiefs are our only REAL rivals in the AFC West (incl the old Seahawks) and I give them their props :D , the rest of the AFC West is still catching up from the butt-kicking we have laid down upon them for the past 32 plus years. While the Broncos finally found success in the 90s with Shanaratt and Terrel Davis....the Chargers have never been successful (getting smoked by the 49ers in their only SB appearence) and neither have the Seahawks (choking in the big game like they used to in the 80s)

Sure, we are like the big bully in the league who has finally been exposed for our weaknesses...but like stated earlier, as Raider fans we may be experiencing our deepest valley, but I can assure you things will turn around this year and and we will again be the team the the rest of the league hated not because of AL Davis or the Raider fans....but because the Raiders would routinely kick your team's but year in and year out....the upswing starts MONDAY.

You can try to face me as to how bad my team has sucked in the past and how we haven't won a Superbowl. I know this better than any of you and freely bring it up. The fact that I remain loyal to this team DESPITE the history makes me a greater fan than most Raider fans will ever know!

IF the Raider fan base survives this current era of being a horrible franchise, trust me, you will enjoy the next up cycle more than any of the past! :D

Uh, I find that Raider fans are one of the most loyal followers in the NFL along with the Pack, Bears, etc... The fan support for OAK has never really changed, and they will continue to be one of the most popular NFL teams...

:D Here's to you McBoog. The Chargers are in a much better position to go to the SB. All they need to do is get rid of Shotty and his bad luck. :D

Why dont you admit it...you arent a real Raider fan.

While the Raider Haters love your original post in this thread they are secretly laughing at you behind your back...I suggest you just give up watching football and follow a more pleasent sport...like women's field hockey...or just stop watching sports all together and watch talk shows or soap operas...because as a so called fan you certainly are a pathetic site right now

And I do have to agree with Bushey about this whole thing. Right now in this era Al Davis is the downfall of our franchise. Not because of his personnel moves. I think he has done a great job of finding talent, and bringing in enough to give the coaching staff enough to win some games.

His problem lies in the control he has over the team. He needs to back off and let the coaches do their jobs so we wouldn't be sitting here having this conversation.

And I do have to agree with Bushey about this whole thing. Right now in this era Al Davis is the downfall of our franchise. Not because of his personnel moves. I think he has done a great job of finding talent, and bringing in enough to give the coaching staff enough to win some games.

His problem lies in the control he has over the team. He needs to back off and let the coaches do their jobs so we wouldn't be sitting here having this conversation.

Sure Al sticks his hands in everything the Raiders do...but like the media wants you to believe...it is always AL's fault when things go bad for the Raiders but when the Raiders do well, he NEVER gets props.

When the Raiders averaged a 10-4 record throughout the 70s and beat the Vikings in 77 it was Madden

When the Raiders won their 1981 superbowl against the Eagles it was Plunkett

When the Raiders won their 1984 superbowl against the Skins it was Marcus Allen

When the Raiders became and still are the winningst franchise in NFL history no one sites Davis.

Sure he has his flaws, and yes lately things have been getting ugly, but know one sites that idiot coach Norv Turner for the Raiders loosing record the past two years....its all Davis's fault

Edited by Return Of S&B

I think the main reason I seem more optomistic about this year and the next few is because of the coach we have now....Art Shell. It seems like everybody has short memories or didnt watch football back in 1989.

Didnt Shell take a Shannarat team that was 1-3 and turn that team around to a 7-5 record with essentially the same players back in 1989?

Didnt Shell win coach of the year in 1990 when he took an 8-8 team (in 89) to a 12-4 record the very next year?

Didnt Shell's winning percentage completely mirror's the great Raider coach that all the Hater's love to bring up in conversations like this (Gruden)...dont believe me look it up http://profootballreference.com/teams/raiindex.htm

Sure Shell hasnt coached in a while but unlike the clown we had last year (Turner) Shell has Al Davis's trust and will run the team the way he feels it needs to be run....it worked for him in the past and I fully expect it to work now

Edited by Return Of S&B

When the Raiders .... :lol:

When the Raiders .... :lol:

When the Raiders .... :brew:

Yes, but NOW they are a BAD franchise!

This is all we have listened to for years. This is why WE hate the Faiders. When, when and when. Well, that and there silly outfits they were to the games :brow: I know ever team has a few goofball fans, but come on, a Faider home game looks like a Rocky Horror convention! :lol:

And you still don't get it, win or lose, the majority of us think they SUCK ! "Suck" in this case has nothing to do with "scoreboard". It has everything to do with what the franchise was and is, when and now! You will come to peace with this when you finally understand this. Forget the stats and the charts and the long diatribes of how great they were. They... will .... always... S-U-C-K in the mind of the rest of us. Sorry that this seems to sprain your va-jay-jay so much! A bunch of big, mean, scary pirates like yourselves shouldn't care what the rest of us think! Except you DO! You want to be validated by the accomplishments of your favorite team. What a sad life you must lead :D

My Chargers have SUCKED on the scoreboard for a majority of their existence. YOU think you can make it any worse with your sophmoric smack? :woot: Enjoy 4th grade my child, most Raider fans don't get this far.

There is no need to change what I have written, I already said what I know to be the truth about my favorite team.

Oh, and congratulations on this year's, well, every years Superbowl wins. You must be VERY proud :pop::D

Uh, I find that Raider fans are one of the most loyal followers in the NFL along with the Pack, Bears, etc... The fan support for OAK has never really changed, and they will continue to be one of the most popular NFL teams...

When is the last time this "most loyal fan base" has sold out an entire season?

:D

Yes, but NOW they are a BAD franchise!

This is all we have listened to for years. This is why WE hate the Faiders. When, when and when. Well, that and there silly outfits they were to the games :woot: I know ever team has a few goofball fans, but come on, a Faider home game looks like a Rocky Horror convention! :pop:

And you still don't get it, win or lose, the majority of us think they SUCK ! "Suck" in this case has nothing to do with "scoreboard". It has everything to do with what the franchise was and is, when and now! You will come to peace with this when you finally understand this. Forget the stats and the charts and the long diatribes of how great they were. They... will .... always... S-U-C-K in the mind of the rest of us. Sorry that this seems to sprain your va-jay-jay so much! A bunch of big, mean, scary pirates like yourselves shouldn't care what the rest of us think! Except you DO! You want to be validated by the accomplishments of your favorite team. What a sad life you must lead :lol:

My Chargers have SUCKED on the scoreboard for a majority of their existence. YOU think you can make it any worse with your sophmoric smack? :lol: Enjoy 4th grade my child, most Raider fans don't get this far.

There is no need to change what I have written, I already said what I know to be the truth about my favorite team.

Oh, and congratulations on this year's, well, every years Superbowl wins. You must be VERY proud :brow::D

So let me get this straight...you say the Raiders "SUCK" because of the outfits the Raider fans wear and the state of the franchise now (as in the past 3 years) as opposed to the previous 30 years when we kicked your tiny worthless franchises azz over and over again...so many times that you guys were the joke of the AFC West.

Face it Boog, you cheer for a franchise that even Eli Manning refused to go to....he rather make less money and go somewhere else than to the pathetic Chargers. :brew:

And head to head stats dont mean a thing :D ....guess you have to think that way to remain a Chargers fan :lol:

Dont worry, come Monday, your team will be made an example of by Art Shell's team. I'll give you LT but without Brees, you guys will be toast on offense. The Raiders will stack the line to shut down the run and force the Chargers to throw Monday night....to bad Rivers is so green he will be pissing in his pants when Burgess lays a smackdown on him.

Prediction

-------------

Raiders 31

Dolts 17

Edited by Return Of S&B

So let me get this straight...you say the Raiders "SUCK" because of the outfits the Raider fans wear and the state of the franchise now (as in the past 3 years) as opposed to the previous 30 years when we kicked your tiny worthless franchises azz over and over again...so many times that you guys were the joke of the AFC West...

NO :brew: I'm saying they and everything about them SUCK! Always have, always will! :brow: They just do! It is OK though. :lol: Understanding and acceptance will allow you to gay through life more fullfilled you big, bad, scary pirate kind of guy you! :D

You guys are too dee-dee-dee to realize that your arguments keep making my point!

...the previous 30 years...
::bash: When are you gonna come up with something fresh? ::lol:

A A Commitment to Living in the Past" ... BABY :pop:

Prediction

-------------

Raiders 31

Dolts 17

:lol: ~~~ :lol: ~~~ :bash: ~~~ :lol:

It is so fun and easy to get these guys goin! :bash: I have NEVER seen a fan base with such a thin skin in my decades of watching football! :yay: I hope they don't pull up with a sprained va-jay-jay :D:woot:

You and Bushey are BAD, BAD Raider fans! :D

Can we get a couple of glasses of that black koolaid over here please... You can put it on my tab :D

It is so fun and easy to get these guys goin! :D I have NEVER seen a fan base with such a thin skin in my decades of watching football!

Yeah, true, true. I guess when your team's greatest highlight has been a guy in a rainbow colored chicken suit falling down in the stands, you get used to a lifetime of losing. So Raider fans are not used to this 3 year losing, unlike you Charger fans that can take a 3-year losing streak like a morning piss, we do get a little defensive. :D