[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

the perfect team?

rokman

Man, I don't know if there is a strategy with a 4 team league. Everybody is going to get two stud/nearstud RBs, two first tier WRs, one of the Mannings/Brady/Palmer, and a first tier TE (unless you consdier Gates his own tier).

You can't screw it up.

Not a lot of skill involved, which is why many most everybody but a certain 4 guys would consider it a waste of time.

Edited by Furd

I guess I would draft the top ranked player in each skill position and then go for backups in each position (since there will be plenty to go around) followed by your Defenses and Kickers at the end.

Round 1 - RB

Round 2 - QB

Round 3 - WR

Round 4 - TE

Round 5 - RB

Round 6 - WR

Round 7 - RB

Round 8 - WR

Round 9 - QB

Round 10 - TE

Round 11 - D/ST

Round 12 - K

Etc.

I think what you would need to do to make this any fun and any challenge at all, is tweak the rules, especially roster size and starting line-ups. Maybe start...

3 QB's

6 RB's

9 WR's

3 TE's

2 K's

2 DEF

That's 25 guys in the starting lineup - and maybe keep rosters of 35. I dunno - could be interesting.

Did this last year. Everybody make your draft and play everybody every week. No trades or free agent transactions are allowed. Total points for the year wins the league. You can set it up on yahoo to do this.

Draft and start:

3 QB

4 RB

6WR

3TE

3D

Edited by Chief Dick

You definitely need to start more players. I'm in an 8 team league which many on here don't care for but with the amount of players we start it would probably be more like a 12 team league. We start:

2 QB

3 RB

4 WR

1 TE

1 K

3 DL

3 LB

3 DB

Orignally there were 10 teams and we started 4 RB but it was ridiculous trying to get 4 good RB and forget about any depth. With the players we start now 8 is perfect and nobody wants to expand. But 4 is too little. Hopefully you'll like this experiment and expand next year.

Aren't Yahoo Free leagues like a 4 man team? Only 4-6 people show up for the draft, K's and D's are taken in the 3rd round, you get 4 top 20 RB's, 3 top 20 WR's and 2 top 12 QB's. :D

It probably depends on the league. If it's one of the public leagues that anyone can join or get automatically assigned, it's a possibility. I've been in several free leagues but they were organized so had a full league of 12 or 14 people.