[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't judge Culpepper by one game

rai

C-pep had a poor game I'll be the first to say. I'm very interested in how he does since he's the only QB on my team.

However he did have 260 yards against a good defense and had a few oppertunities for TD.

just for the sake of argument, even the best QBs do not have the best games every week.

Last year:

P. Manning: had 3 games without a TD pass, and 9 games with less than 260 yards. Not including the end of the season where he did not play the full game.

C.Palmer had one game without a TD pass and 7 games with less than 260 yards (one game with just 93 passing yards). not including the Pitt game where he got hurt.

Eli had 2 games without a TD pass and 12 games under 260 yards.

What I'm saying is one game is not enough to throw C.Pep under the bus.

Edited by rai

What about last year? This is actually about the 7th bad game in a row for Culpepper. That my friend, is what we call a trend.

Good luck!

Edited by Savage Beatings

I'm not judging him by one game ... I'm consider how awful he looked in EVERY game last year after the loss of Moss ... then I'm considering the devestating nature of his injury ... then I'm considering he STILL doesn't have a Randy Moss ... then I remember he is a running QB coming off a horrible knee injury

steelers d is top notch. good qb's will struggle against them.... seemed to me most of the yards culp was getting was on those quick hits on the line when the corner was playing off 5-10 yards of the wr. when he was throwing downfield, seemed like there was nothing on the ball. then, when he needed to use a little touch, he fired one in low and had it was picked.

culp will have some good games, but i'm very unimpressed with him.

C-pep had a poor game I'll be the first to say. I'm very interested in how he does since he's the only QB on my team.

However he did have 260 yards against a good defense and had a few oppertunities for TD.

just for the sake of argument, even the best QBs do not have the best games every week.

Last year:

P. Manning: had 3 games without a TD pass, and 9 games with less than 260 yards. Not including the end of the season where he did not play the full game.

C.Palmer had one game without a TD pass and 7 games with less than 260 yards (one game with just 93 passing yards). not including the Pitt game where he got hurt.

Eli had 2 games without a TD pass and 12 games under 260 yards.

I'm not judging him by one game. I am judging him by one game and last year. He blows and I am glad he is not on my team. He looks ok until the game is one the line!

What has Culpepper ever done without a guy named Moss? I think Chambers is solid, but I'll hold judgement further until I see a few more games. I for one have never really been on the Culpepper bandwagon this year or ever.

2004, Well he did have 4800 yds, 39 TD's with only 8 Int's. Moss was hurt for the majority of the year with a Hammy I believe. Give the man some time people.

To say you never we're a big Culpepper fan is your own loss. I know I'm not the only one who road him to a championship.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

I thought that game Thursday night was a nice microcosm of Culpepper's career.

He looked great at times, showed great athleticism, put up good numbers and when the game was on the line he folded like a tent, made bad decisions and threw an interception to seal the game for the opposing team. A very typical game for him.

Edited by Vet

Did Manning also throw two stupid picks in the 4th quarter? Was one of those picks in Colts territory and run back for a TD?

I'm not judging him by one game ... I'm consider how awful he looked in EVERY game last year after the loss of Moss ... then I'm considering the devestating nature of his injury ... then I'm considering he STILL doesn't have a Randy Moss ... then I remember he is a running QB coming off a horrible knee injury

^^^

He looked great at times, showed great athleticism, put up good numbers and when the game was on the line he folded like a tent, made bad decisions and threw an interception to seal the game for the opposing team. A very typical game for him.

^^^

Culpepper is a decent QB, but he's highly-overrated. He spent most of his career on a Vikings offense that was stacked with such a ridiculous amount of talent that it made two other QBs that can't read defenses either (Cunningham and George) look like studs.

Did Manning also throw two stupid picks in the 4th quarter? Was one of those picks in Colts territory ?

That's neither here nor there at least for fantasy football. At least where you don't get dinged for INTs. In fact those INTs only help his fantasy value if he's down 2-scores there is more of a chance for prevent defense and more likely to have garbage yards and TDs.

Just as long as he plays well enough to keep the starting job that is.

CPep is washed up.

I believe most people thought Warner was washed up by last few years with StL and NYG, now there are people asking WDIS PM or Warner (LOL).

All I'm saying is I believe C.Pep still has good/great up-side for fantasy football numbers.

Edited by rai

I believe most people thought Warner was washed up by last few years with StL and NYG, now there are people asking WDIS PM or Warner (LOL).

All I'm saying is I believe C.Pep still has good/great up-side for fantasy football numbers.

I dont agree with the FF numbers. He had moss, he was good. Take him away, what does he have? He had his legs right? Right. Take out his knee. What does he have? He can throw the ball far, but when the ball is aimed at the ground instead of the WRs numbers, I tend to think he is washed up.

JMO though...

That's neither here nor there at least for fantasy football. At least where you don't get dinged for INTs. In fact those INTs only help his fantasy value if he's down 2-scores there is more of a chance for prevent defense and more likely to have garbage yards and TDs.

Just as long as he plays well enough to keep the starting job that is.

Those INTs don't help his fantasy value in any way, shape, or form. If he keeps it up, Saban will bench him and he won't be of any help to your fantasy team.

Daunte's a pretty good fantasy backup, but I wouldn't rely on this guy to carry my fantasy team. He's basically Jake Plummer with a bad knee. Unfortunately for his owners, he doesn't have Denver's offensive line or secondary to take pressure off of him.

That's not a good comparison. The only question about Warner was his health... there was never any question about Warner's ability as a passer. A healthy Warner is a prolific passer. But even at full health, Daunte will never be anything other than a Jake Plummer or Jon Kitna.

how can his throwing int's help him put up better stats? that means he just lost his team a chance to score and for him to throw a td pass. it will also frustrate the hell out of the ronnie brown owners getting excited when mia has the ball in the red zone and daunte throws a ridiculous int taking away brown's scoring chance as well.

^^^

Culpepper is a decent QB, but he's highly-overrated. He spent most of his career on a Vikings offense that was stacked with such a ridiculous amount of talent that it made two other QBs that can't read defenses either (Cunningham and George) look like studs.

I guess this was exactly what I was trying to say.

...but, you do admit, that was an exciting game though, right ? :D

...but, you do admit, that was an exciting game though, right ? :D

It was a hell of a lot more exciting than that Notre Dame / Penn State game today.

Love the new sigline by the way.