[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dear Colts fans:

BigMikeinNY

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to get that off my chest. I dont want to wake up Monday and see too many Colts fans dissapointed. Don't get your hopes high please, it upsets me to see grown men get grumpy.

Giants 1-0 after Sunday

BigMikeinNEWYORK

You know, when you talk smack, it always helps that your team follows through with it.

Actually, now that I think about it, the game was disappointing. The Colts didn't beat the Giants nearly as bad as I had wished. Plus I was disappointed the Giant's defense didn't bring it's A-Game. There were at least two interceptions that were given to them that were dropped. Oh well, I guess you can't win them all.

Just wanted to get that off my chest. I dont want to wake up Monday and see too many Colts fans dissapointed. Don't get your hopes high please, it upsets me to see grown men get grumpy.

Giants 1-0 after Sunday

BigMikeinNEWYORK

I hope you have a hangover tomorrow when you get up, it will take the edge off.

Unfortunately for you, some of our resident Huddler's memories will far outlast your hangover.

I thought it was a great game. Should be an eye-opener for the coaches also. Cut down on some of the penalties and those third and longs turn into 3 & 3 or 2. Line looks good. Running game was great even though it was the Colt D. The game very easily could have gone the other way. I'm not very unhappy at all.

I thought it was a great game. Should be an eye-opener for the coaches also. Cut down on some of the penalties and those third and longs turn into 3 & 3 or 2. Line looks good. Running game was great even though it was the Colt D. The game very easily could have gone the other way. I'm not very unhappy at all.

very level head statement. I agree wholeheartedly that this game could have gone either way. I couldn't tell if it was the Colts running game being so bad or the Giants D playing so well, but it was a tough game the whole way. It's very obvious just how much we miss Corey Simon up the middle. Although Freeney was questionable for the game anyway, Petitgout played him well for what he was worth. There was no pressure whatsoever from the front four.

It's just the beginning, but we need to play better than this to do anything in the playoffs. :D

You know, when you talk smack, it always helps that your team follows through with it.

Actually, now that I think about it, the game was disappointing. The Colts didn't beat the Giants nearly as bad as I had wished. Plus I was disappointed the Giant's defense didn't bring it's A-Game. There were at least two interceptions that were given to them that were dropped. Oh well, I guess you can't win them all.

Says the guy who didnt say a word until after the game...

+1

i was pretty pleased minus the penalties...it would of been a more interestong game had they not flagged carter for offensive PI. oh well better luck next week i guess.

loved the way the o-line played for the giants :D

Why arent you Giant fans more upset about that PI call???

You are damn right I am pissed off about this call.

Big blue got robbed of a victory. Both teams looked a bit sloppy , but the Giants had the colts number.

They had the time to score and most likely would have.

Bad ref's are ruining this great game!! First Heath Miller OB TD, now this ............ its gonna be a long season.

That was CRAP....and it turned around the game...the Giants were driving, down by only 2, needing a field goal to win...

It was a bad call and it definately bugs me, but not as much as the three missed opportunities for interceptions, Jay Feely missing a makeable field goal, and Eli fumbling the ball away after the Giants D finally got an interception.

I'm not going to lay this one on the refs. This was a winnable game and the Giants let it get away.

Some positives that I took out of the game:

Eli's completion percentage was up and he's looking more confident.

Brandon Jacobs is more than a short yardage back. The running game should be solid.

Some other things worry me:

I still don't think Plax keeps his head in the game on every play. On the interception that Eli threw, Plax stopped playing as he broke off his route and was a spectator. He did this a lot last year. He needs to make the same break on the ball as the defender and maybe break up the interception or at least be in position to make the tackle. Stupid penalties as well took away some nice gains. Sure, everyone will remember the one handed catches and stuff, but this guy has got to stay focused...

Jay Feely missed another makable field goal and then almost shanked an extra point. Scarey.

It was certainly a bad call; ticky tack as Madden said. But we shouldn't have been in a position for one call to lose the game for us. We caught 1 out of 4 interceptions we should have had, two which would have kept points off the board. Our offense kept losing focus and getting penalties; we had one drive that started on the 20 yard line for 120 yards because of penalties. The kicking game worries me. Feely seemed to be aiming for the left upright all night. We didn't have 1 decent kickoff or punt return all night. Our punter is old enough to be a grandfather.

Positives to take away, our running game will be very good. Jacobs is going to fumble at least twice this year because he doesn't get low enough, but overall he's much better than he was last year. No problems with the blitz pick up but he did drop one ball that was right in his hands. Eli looks much sharper than last year and his completion percentage is up. Our secondary looked much better even though we played a lot of cover 2 and cover 3 last night. The Colts didn't really exploit those zones the way they would have last year.

I didn't comment on our defense's ability to stop the run because I don't think we did. I thought that Indy ran the ball horribly last night. Mostly because the run blocking just wasn't there. Maybe Edge could hit those creases half a step faster than these guys because it's essentially the same line as last year. In any case, I think it's going to be along year for the Colts if they don't figure out how to get the ground game going.

That was CRAP....and it turned around the game...the Giants were driving, down by only 2, needing a field goal to win...

I agree that was putrid , there were a few questionable holding calls on key downs also, the one on Shockey stands out to me.

That being said Peyton made some amazing plays under a big pass rush, As for Eli & Feely...well ; they both could have played better frankly.

Also just like the the Seahawks learned last yr. you have to beat the Vegas pager sometimes, not only your opponent. :D

Congrats to the Colts on a big wk1 W. :D

Dear Colts;

Good game

BM

:D:D

I fount it interesting that the Giants controlled the line of scrimmage throughout the game, yet the Colts still won. Just goes to show how amazing their passing game is. The Colts are in trouble, though. Their O- and D-linemen were getting blown away all night. Their pass rush was pretty much ineffective as well. Unless that drastically changes, I don't like their chances this season.

The Giants looked strong overall, although their secondary is terrible. They're probably the best team in the NFC East right now.

:D:D

I fount it interesting that the Giants controlled the line of scrimmage throughout the game, yet the Colts still won. Just goes to show how amazing their passing game is. The Colts are in trouble, though. Their O- and D-linemen were getting blown away all night. Their pass rush was pretty much ineffective as well. Unless that drastically changes, I don't like their chances this season.

The Giants looked strong overall, although their secondary is terrible. They're probably the best team in the NFC East right now.

I felt the same way - it was like the Giants were the better team, but somehow they felt like they weren't supposed to beat the Colts or something, so they just kind of rolled over for them. It was kind of wierd, almost like the "little brother" syndrome carried over to the whole team.

I'm a Jet fan, but not one that hates the Giants. Not much rivalry there in my opinion. I always like when the Giants do well, so I hope they shake this one off and win the division.

After one game, it looks like things haven't changed much from last year. Much like the Seattle game last year, the Giants pretty much could have dominated this game if it weren't for stupid penalties. That PI penalty was complete crap though. Maybe the Giants could have done more prior to that point in the game to not have the game come down to a call like that. But they didn't....and with the game still on the line and the Giants driving for the win, the refs determined the outcome with a horrible call.

Media still thought they were good, i didn't say anyone here was :duh:

I don't know who/what you were reading/listening to but all the "eggspurts" said:

"Are the Giants catching the Colts at the right time due to defensive injuries?"

The PI call was horsesh$t, but we should have won by catching those three interceptions. The one to Butler hit him in the chest. Pierce had open space and probably would have took it to the house. Webster's was away from him so I'm disappointed in him the least. Why can't the Giant's D pull in INTs? Honestly, I was shocked when McQuarters pulled that one in.

Also, we gave up way too many 3rd down conversions. They showed a stat last night that said the Colts converted 4 or 8 3rd downs of 10+ yards. That's just not going to get it done.

Oh yeah...and to the ref that called the PI... :D