[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Florida St / Troy

theeohiostate

Don't know much about Troy, but i know the FSU homers were happy about the Miami game last week.

This FSU offense is the worst i think i've ever seen. Be thankful FSU fans that Miami sucks and your playing Troy this week. The D will get them by some games, but if that horrible offense can't put any points up, this team will get knocked off plenty this season.

Two things here. One, Jeff Bowden is our offensive coordinator and if his last name wasn't Bowden, he wouldn't be our offensive coordinator. The fire Jeff Bowden chants started at the Troy game and on the college website Facebook, there is a group call FIRE JEFF BOWDEN and it has many members. I believe FSU had 4 TOs also so that doesn't help matters. But I think saying Miami sucks is a little unfair at this point. Now if they get spanked in Louisville this weekend, I might agree. But for now they are a top 15 team that took a loss to a top 15 team. We'll see how the season plays out to determine whos sucks and who doesn't.

I'm not ready to write off FSU yet as being an awful offense, or a bad team for that matter. They won the ACC last year and probably shoulda beat Penn State in the Orange. The game against Troy was I believe a case of FSU sleepwalking. And the bottom line is they did win the game... and I highly doubt if FSU is in the running for an ACC Title, anyone is gonna care about this game in November.

I love Jeff Bowden. I hope he takes over as head coach when his father retires.

Won’t happen untateve.

I never know how much blame to put on Jeff. Was it Chris Rix, Jimmy Haggins(our ex awful o line coach), Jeff Bowden or even Bobby Bowden? I always here Bobby is changing things around come game time. I just wish the coaching staff would just have some accountability. If Jeff is the coordinator let him call the plays. If not then let us know so we can really know who is at fault. I've personally been ready for Bobby to retire for some time. I would be real happy to see someone like our LB coach Kevin Steele take over. Till then I feel FSU is going to be held hostage by bad coaching on the offense and underachieve despite having elite talent.

Won’t happen untateve.

I never know how much blame to put on Jeff. Was it Chris Rix, Jimmy Haggins(our ex awful o line coach), Jeff Bowden or even Bobby Bowden? I always here Bobby is changing things around come game time. I just wish the coaching staff would just have some accountability. If Jeff is the coordinator let him call the plays. If not then let us know so we can really know who is at fault. I've personally been ready for Bobby to retire for some time. I would be real happy to see someone like our LB coach Kevin Steele take over. Till then I feel FSU is going to be held hostage by bad coaching on the offense and underachieve despite having elite talent.

Penn state fans were calling for Paternos head before last year too. I think it's time to just relax and realize that talent is spreading, and there is more parity now. FSU was successful in the 90's because they obviously were extremely talented, but they also played in a very weak conference, where every year they knew they'd be 7-1 at worst in conference play, and it was a 2 game schedule (Miami and Florida). Sure throw in some other non conference teams like a Notre Dame or a USC, but the week in and week out grind for them wasn't there as much as it is for say, Tennessee, or Michigan. Not taking anything away, cuz like I said, the talent in the NFL speaks for itself, but the rest of the college football world has "caught up" with Florida State. It's just a reality. Not to mention, the ACC is much tougher now with the addition of Miami, BC, and Va Tech. As for Bobby Bowden, I know what you're going. Although he wasn't nearly as successful, I went through the same thing with Hayden Fry in the late 90's. My thought was the man has earned the right to leave on his own terms. Bobby Bowden has certainly earned that right, for better or for worse.