[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So. who beats the Bucks?

loaf

If the Buckeyes accomplish what you are suggesting, they would have a chance to beat yet a 3rd #2 in the BCS title game.

Michigan would have to hope Auburn, USC and WV all go down, cuz they won't move up that far without all of them dropping. Even if they beat everyone by 26 points while going undefeated. One big win over an overrated ND team does not make UM a top team - signs of decline have been there for awhile now, just like Miami and Tenn. Let's wait and see....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll jump WVU. Pollsters won't like the cupcakes WVU has on there schedule. USC and Auburn is a different story. For USC it's cupcake city as the only threats they have are all at home. They should easily run the table the rest of the way. Auburn still has Florida at home, Georgia, not to mention the annual Iron Bowl with Bammer. The points are all moot, because it's a long season for everyone INCLUDING THE BUCKS. The Buckeyes don't have the dream schedule Texas had last year after the game in the shoe. Call me a homer, but a night game in Kinnick Stadium is never easy for any team no matter how good they are. And Michigan whooping on Notre Dame in South Bend, is just as impressive to me as Ohio State beating a Vince Youngless Texas team in Austin. Michigan has a much more polished offense, and personally speaking, the way there defense played against the supposed vaunted Irish offense, there d is better than the Longhorns too.

The Buckeyes don't have the dream schedule Texas had last year after the game in the shoe. Call me a homer, but a night game in Kinnick Stadium is never easy for any team no matter how good they are.

I don't think anyone would say that's a homer call. Ferentz has a heckuva program going down there in Iowa City.

I will agree it's a long season. I like OSU,Auburn,WVU,USC and even with 1 loss LSU. OHIO STATE has Penn State at the shoe this week and I guarntee that's all they are thinking about 2 real big games after that and 1 is a night game against IOWA in IOWA no doubt a tough game. I tend to believe Michigan is better than given credit for HOWEVER Notre Dame was overrated and Michigan exposed that horrid pass defense once again. OSU gets Michigan at home and once again will be a battle. Michigan State is a sneaky team no one is talking about and ruined OSU 1998 national title hopes at the shoe. I guarntee Tress will be showing them that game. I think this team is as talented as 1998 on offense and close to 2002 with the defense which had a strong d-line and young linebackers not yet the players they would become. Tress is really trying to keep th players fresh by playing everyone in the 2 deep on both sides of the ball each quarter at least 2 times in a half and the go ahead td against Texas had the whole 2nd team o-line in. OSU so far has advoided injury and has played vanilla after getting a lead not to allow too much film for the following weeks games. OSU will need some luck as do all National Champions at some point a team will give them a real fight and OSU will have to dig deep to keep the dream alive ENOUGH ABOUT THE BUCKS. I really like Auburn that defense is stout and K. Irons is another fantastic Auburn running back, Cox has just enough talent to manage the game and does not make stupid mistakes. Auburn must earn it with a really tough SEC schedule and they will. USC has a cupcake schedule and I don't see USC beating either OSU or Auburn. WVU again no one really a threat except a injury stricken Louisville WVU has a wonderful offense and a very smart coach, but I wonder about the defense. I watched every snap of the Auburn vs LSU game and I felt then and still today that I was watching the game for the National championship as far as 1 of the teams that will make it to Arizona. I was rooting for LSU and thought they was going to pull it out at the end ,but it was not to be. Aurburn wore the Tigers down and it showed. LSU never gave up and in my mind was the most enjoyable game I have seen this season.

Michigan would have to hope Auburn, USC and WV all go down, cuz they won't move up that far without all of them dropping. Even if they beat everyone by 26 points while going undefeated. One big win over an overrated ND team does not make UM a top team - signs of decline have been there for awhile now, just like Miami and Tenn. Let's wait and see....

Are u smoking a big fatty. So Michigan goes 7-5 last year, and theres a decline!!! Say What Willis?!! The previous 2 seasons Michigan won the Bigten, only to lose to Texas and Usc in bowl games. I understand Usc standards

are a little higher with the past success, But come on....

Im not saying Michigan is a top 5 or 10 team yet, But the certainly looked pretty darn good last saturday.

I think Michigan will lose a couple games this year, Hell look at there next 5 games, Wisconsin,MInn,Msu,Penn.St,Iowa... There sure to Lose 1 or 2 in that stretch. Then a couple cake games, before

the big game in columbus. Ill say this, If Michigan and thats a big if, there undefeated going Into columbus,

and Win, There is no doubt they'll play in the National title game. Honestly, I think the bucks lose to either

Msu or Iowa. The bigten is loaded this year.

Alot of you put down the bigten, some years rightfully so, Take a look at some of the qb's in the bigten.

Tate,Smith, Stanton.....All potential first round picks...

After a few weeks of watching CFB I would have to say USC looks mighty tough. That linebacker they have is a beast........So USC beats the bucs

I'd love to agree with you here, but our run game must improve - our O-line is supposed to be great, but I've only seen 'above average' so far. Hogs and Huskers D aren't that good. And our LBs would still have their hands full with a healthy Smith and Ginn running around. I'm cautiously optomistic, but getting Cal, Oregon and ND at home helps my outlook...

Are u smoking a big fatty. So Michigan goes 7-5 last year, and theres a decline!!! Say What Willis?!! The previous 2 seasons Michigan won the Bigten, only to lose to Texas and Usc in bowl games. I understand Usc standards

Im not saying Michigan is a top 5 or 10 team yet, But the certainly looked pretty darn good last saturday.

I think Michigan will lose a couple games this year, Hell look at there next 5 games, Wisconsin,MInn,Msu,Penn.St,Iowa... There sure to Lose 1 or 2 in that stretch. Then a couple cake games, before

the big game in columbus. Ill say this, If Michigan and thats a big if, there undefeated going Into columbus,

and Win, There is no doubt they'll play in the National title game. Honestly, I think the bucks lose to either

Alot of you put down the bigten, some years rightfully so, Take a look at some of the qb's in the bigten.

I agree with that. The problem with the Big Ten is that there's so many good teams they end up killing each other and knocking one another down the polls. It's like that almost every year.

Well even if Michigan and Ohio State run the table and play each other, the loser of the game will still get a bcs slot. One will be in the national title game, and the other will be in one of the BCS games. For many reasons, not the least of which the Big Ten=$$$$ in anyway you can think of. And mark it up, if it ends up being Michigan as the only undefeated team, and then a bunch of one loss teams including Ohio State, you might very well see Michigan-Ohio State Part II in the national title game. That's a BIG if, and very unlikely to happen, mainly because I don't see either of them being undefeated by the time there game rolls around, and I also don't see any trash big east team beating west virginia. I really believe WVU goes to the NC game and gets slaughtered by someone.

You said 'yet' - that is what I said - 'wait and see'. So what are YOU smoking, dude? Damn it man - reading comprehension (and math skills) must improve if we are to compete globally...

The Wolverines could indeed play for the NC, but have to beat OSU and only have maybe 1 loss to get there. (OK, I was joking with 'must be undefeated' dig.) UM just helped the B10 overall with that win over ND. Due to perceived SOS, I think the Big10+ and SEC (Auburn?) winners appear to have an inside track over the P10, ACC, BE and B12 winners, if we all have 1 loss. Throw in ND if they don't lose again - but of course they will.

Anyone going undefeated should be there, but that seems highly unlikely this year. WVU is the only one with the cake schedule for that right now. After losing half the team to the NFL, I'll be very happy with another Rose for USC this year. Another NC is almost too much to hope for this early...

Edited by Coffeeman

And mark it up, if it ends up being Michigan as the only undefeated team, and then a bunch of one loss teams including Ohio State, you might very well see Michigan-Ohio State Part II in the national title game. That's a BIG if, and very unlikely to happen,

I don't think that happens, due to the country wanting to see more regional representation in the big NC game. A team from SEC or P10 would have to take the 2 spot. And I agree - I think its going to be a lot of teams fighting for the right to beat up an undefeated WVU team...

Couldn't agree more here GOB1. Here you have a major program (I think we can call the winningest program in NCAA history major?) who goes 7-5 ONE YEAR. A team that VASTLY underachieved in 2005. In 2003 and 2004 won the Big Ten title and lost to 2 great teams (one of which won the national championship, the other had Vince Young, arguablly, the most amazing college player ever, who single handidly won a national title game in 2005), 1 game where they lost by 14, and another where tehy lost on a last second field goal, and then they go 7-5, and everyone is down on them? Everyone knows, or should know by now, that talent for talent, apples to apples, oranges to oranges, Michigan year in and year out recruits the top blue chippers in the nation, and can hang with anyone. That isn't on the decline. Was USC still on the decline in 2001 when they lost to Utah in the Sega Bowl? Michigan still owns the longest bowl appearence streak, and them and Ohio State are the class of the Big Ten still. They had a slip up in 2005, when you've been successful for a very long time, you are allowed to have those once in awhile. Carr still isn't off the hotseat obviously, cuz he needs to beat Ohio State and win a bowl game, but lets not get hasty and say the program is on the decline. Not when only 2 years ago they won the league title.

You said 'yet' - that is what I said - 'wait and see'. So what are YOU smoking, dude? Damn it man - reading comprehension (and math skills) must improve if we are to compete globally...

The Wolverines could indeed play for the NC, but have to beat OSU and only have maybe 1 loss to get there. (OK, I was joking with 'must be undefeated' dig.) UM just helped the B10 overall with that win over ND. Due to perceived SOS, I think the Big10+ and SEC (Auburn?) winners appear to have an inside track over the P10, ACC, BE and B12 winners, if we all have 1 loss. Throw in ND if they don't lose again - but of course they will.

Anyone going undefeated should be there, but that seems highly unlikely this year. WVU is the only one with the cake schedule for that right now. After losing half the team to the NFL, I'll be very happy with another Rose for USC this year. Another NC is almost too much to hope for this early...

Im sorry coffeeman, You are a respected poster on this site, The comments of on decline for a while, and the comparison to tenn, and Miami, are what spark a response.

Im sorry coffeeman, You are a respected poster on this site, The comments of on decline for a while, and the comparison to tenn, and Miami, are what spark a response.

No problem, G. Re: my comparison to MIA and TEN, I needed to explain that was in terms of winning big games and recruiting, not in (alleged) misdeeds. For the last couple years, many of the best players in their home state of MI have gone elsewhere within the B10 and even outside the conf. That's what losing to your big rivals for a couple years can do - just ask teams like the Vols and UCLA.

This year could turn that around, esp. if you beat the Buckeyes.

I think OSU is clearly the #1 team in the country, and that Michigan, right now, should clearly be the #2, so it will come down to that game for OSU. My guess is Michigan will lose a game or two before Ohio State because they typically have a brain cramp around mid-season, which would be Iowa and or Penn State game.

OSU could probably beat the Raiders.