[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Caddy and the TB o-line

KG4MVP

Caddy could be running behind two 2nd team OG's today against BAL:

Dan Buenning (ankle);

G Davin Joseph (knee);

What's the consensus on how this will affect his production? On account of these potential injuries, is anyone benching Caddy? If so, who are you starting instead? I have TJones v GB today and am debating between the two.

I can't see how it won't effect his play.

But I'm not benching him over it.

I could freak out an bench him thinking the back-ups won't open holes for him. But, typically replacements screw up in pass protection more than on running plays. Running plays are usually pretty simple - locate the guy you're supposed to block and attempt to put him on his a$$.

So, clearly I'm concerned about the OL starters being hurt, but I can't worry about it too much - particularly in week one.

I'm more concerned about Mike Alstott vulturing TDs.

I can't see how it won't effect his play.

Is that an intentional double-negative?? Late night yesterday, you're making me work too hard this morning.

I do agree that I would be more concerned if TB was replacing tackles, but much of Caddy's success has been running behind pulling guards. These newbie guards will not only be affected from a timing perspective, but they'll have to contend with the heavy-hitting BAL LB's.

And for what it's worth, Alstott will be an fantasy enemy all year. No real change with respect to injuries.

If Caddy gets 50 yards today Ill be shocked. He already wasn't a great play against a stoudt Raven defense...take out both OGs and it gets uglier. Still, I agree with the poster above..if you have Caddy then you probably invested heavily in him and you NEVER SIT you studs...afterall, he could give you all you need with one small little crease.

Start him, love him, but be patient with him today. I don't have the Caddy, but I do like the guy.

If Caddy gets 50 yards today Ill be shocked. He already wasn't a great play against a stoudt Raven defense...take out both OGs and it gets uglier. Still, I agree with the poster above..if you have Caddy then you probably invested heavily in him and you NEVER SIT you studs...afterall, he could give you all you need with one small little crease.

Start him, love him, but be patient with him today. I don't have the Caddy, but I do like the guy.

Difficult to play matchups week1. And I agree with start your studs, but...

Ughh... TJones has got to be a better start after Caddy's 5pt performance. Did anyone see the game? I checked in with NFL.com and Caddy was stuck on 8 carries much of the 2nd half. I suppose it didn't help that Simms was givin it up like a prom date, but d*mn, 8 carries?