[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

being called a cheat...thanks to cbs sportsline

Steelhead

Some funny things being said and assumed here.

As long as he followed his league's rules in setting lineups (and it appears he did) he shouldn't behled to a different standard because he's commish: 11 people would have to email their lineups to him with a time stamp to make a change: a commish can email himself or make the change prior to the League Cutoff Time, which may or may not be the same as the Website Cutoff Time.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think CBS only allows line-up changes up to 5 minutes before kick-off, no? If so, 1 PM sounds like a Commissioner move.

To be more precise, CBS allows you to change your lineup 5 minutes before the POSTED start game on their site. Generally, that's 1:00 - not the actual 1:02 NFL posted start time. If you have a transaction report that shows the time it before 12:55, then you should be good. Otherwise, the move should not have been allowed.

Also consider that anyone else may have been in the same boat regarding changing players. And they did not have access to the commish rights to manually make an adjustment.

You guys need to stick to the strick (and pretty forgiving) rules of 5 minutes - per the site. That way, everyone is on the same page - no exceptions. If you wait until that last minute - you run the risk.

I can't believe this many people have replied to this post and that it continued to hang around at the top of the board.

Like a woman, you were incapable of making a timely decision.

Like a woman, you left it to the last minute, then you blame someone else (the website) for the problems your indecision caused.

Like a woman, your brother whines when your inability to make a decision caused him (her) some inconvenience.

Like a woman, you cry about your brother's whining.

Man up and get over it for pete's sake.

You should NEVER make transactions or line up changes logged on as the commissioner. You should log on as an owner ... in this fashion you won't inadvertantly do something owners are normally allowed to do.

Really you should only be logged on as the commissioner when you are operating in that capacity ... and setting your lineup is not a commissioner function.

CBS will not allow you to log off or on as commish like MFL does.

On Sportsline, when you log in, your commish and owner at all times.

True...but the issue here is in taking advantage of that commish access. We're held to a higher standard and things that we may let others get away with do not apply to us.

Sounds like another reason not to use CBS.

In that case he should have an assistant commissioner. Any last minute changes for the commissioner would have to be performed by the assistant commissioner. Any last minute changes by the assistant commissioner would have to be performed by the commissioner.

But I suppose you are going to tell me CBS doesn't allow assistant commissioners either

But I suppose you are going to tell me CBS doesn't allow assistant commissioners either

No, every owner could be granted commissioner access. I have two "assistants" who have access in case I am away or something.

But I do agree that CBS looks less and less attractive with each passing year. Kinda like Sharon Stone. I have to look into MFL for next year...you guys in here seem to really like it.

Edited by The Wolf

My brother has retracted his accusations. He got confirmation from another owner that cbs sportline was screwy as well. He did rip on me for not calling..which I agree I should have done. Looks like we should be ok now.

And I will have to be more strict about the 5 min rule.

Unless you and your brother are playing for the family jewels, you both need to take it down a notch.

You literally can't miss it when you are making changes as a commish on sportsline. Not only is the player status red, but there is a big yellow box with an exclamation point at the top of the commish lineup that says this:

WARNING! Note that any changes you make to players whose Status is in red are being done using your commissioner privileges and are effective for the current week.

You can blame sportsline for a lot of stuff, but they make it clear when you are using your commish powers to do any transaction.

Sounds like another reason not to use CBS.

In that case he should have an assistant commissioner. Any last minute changes for the commissioner would have to be performed by the assistant commissioner. Any last minute changes by the assistant commissioner would have to be performed by the commissioner.

My brother IS the assistant commissioner!!!!!!!!!

He just called me and said he was pulling my chain the whole time. Once he saw the report he was cool with it but wanted to have me call him. He wanted to get me all riled up and thus called me out to the league. If we were in the same state I'll beat the crap out of him right now.

He just called me and said he was pulling my chain the whole time. Once he saw the report he was cool with it but wanted to have me call him. He wanted to get me all riled up and thus called me out to the league. If we were in the same state I'll beat the crap out of him right now.

OK thanks.

This should conclude the discussion.

:D

yeah i don't know what his issue is. he thinks he's some bad ass because he's won 3 championships and the fact that he's drafted a mediocre team this year is unfathomable.

And the league knows if they have problems setting lineups they can call me/email me and I change it for them. I've done that for years. I think the real problem is Game Center never showed Gore because he didn't close down and reopen a new browser. But he won't listen to me.

He can suck it.

it sounds to me like you "attempted to make the change for 10 minutes" before kickoff (just go ask your wife?) and when it didn't work, you used your commish power to do it. that's a big time :D and you knew it when you did it.

Just because you've let people do it in the past, doesn't give you the right to do it without talking to anyone. You're the commish..not the king :D

Edited by LooGie