[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ahman Green

Crazysight

If you make enough good predictions, people here will notice & it will speak for itself. That you felt the need to create a thread to pat yourself on the back can only make me think that you don't make many correct predictions & felt the need to pimp yourself on one of your few successes. That impression may be wrong, but that's the impression you give. This type of self-aggrandizing thread is also sure to draw animous from others here, since self promotion at others' expense will tend to do just that.

Take a little of advice from an old coach - "When you score a TD, act afterwards like you've been there before."

Crazysight this is a big :D here. Normally I would flame you and make you look silly for being a complete turd doing this but since this is week 1 I will let you slide. Never do an "I told you so" post unless you were involved in a bet and wanna smack talk.

Heck I admit being wrong. :D

I was definitely one of those in the camp of thinking he would not be able to come back from that injury. History & the medical numbers themselves, pointed to a small chance at recovery, let alone full recovery.

That he has indeed made it back and seemingly well at that considering the D he just hung 110 yards on while running behind the Pack O'line, speaks volumes to the grit & determination of the guy.

Tip of the hat to him. I was wrong! :D

And thank goodness I was wrong. I messed up and accidently kept him in the DOH! BoTH league. Then with my first pick (3.01), I chose Gore. Only picked him there, because I'd kept Green and really wasn't confident in him at all.

Pretty happy about how this is turning out now. :lol:

I didn't know what to expect but I was happy when Davenport got cut. Gado is no real threat. IMO

I took him as my #3 RB and plan on using him as such, anything more is a bonus.

I would not, however, have taken him as my #2 or anywhere before the 6th round...so I guess I didn't think right but got a little lucky...so far!

Heck I admit being wrong. :D

I was definitely one of those in the camp of thinking he would not be able to come back from that injury. History & the medical numbers themselves, pointed to a small chance at recovery, let alone full recovery.

That he has indeed made it back and seemingly well at that considering the D he just hung 110 yards on while running behind the Pack O'line, speaks volumes to the grit & determination of the guy.

Tip of the hat to him. I was wrong! :D

And thank goodness I was wrong. I messed up and accidently kept him in the DOH! BoTH league. Then with my first pick (3.01), I chose Gore. Only picked him there, because I'd kept Green and really wasn't confident in him at all.

Pretty happy about how this is turning out now. :lol:

I'm not so sure. I remember you saying the odds were not good because noone ever returned from that injury.

:D You'll waste a lot of time, and make a lot of enimies, if you go around digging up posts where people made innacurate predictions. Congrats, you called one right. Start a website. :D

He don't know me too well, do he?

lol. I've never had much of a problem with 'making enemies' on internet discussion boards. Sometimes it can make things more interesting.

Edited by Crazysight

I'm not so sure. I remember you saying the odds were not good because noone ever returned from that injury.

You're right Randall. I was all over the map on Green. Before I actually began delving into quad tendon tears, I was in the camp that Green would come back. Once I pulled up some medical info on his injury, I became decidedly less enthusiastic about his chances, hence my sentence;

History & the medical numbers themselves, pointed to a small chance at recovery, let alone full recovery.

Since I inadvertently kept him, I'm glad to say that my initial take on Green, is so far proving to be the right one. :D

Oh! And I knew Davenpoop was not the answer. :D

You're right Randall. I was all over the map on Green. Before I actually began delving into quad tendon tears, I was in the camp that Green would come back. Once I pulled up some medical info on his injury, I became decidedly less enthusiastic about his chances, hence my sentence;

Since I inadvertently kept him, I'm glad to say that my initial take on Green, is so far proving to be the right one. :lol:

Oh! And I knew Davenpoop was not the answer. :D

I've enjoyed our reparte' so far regarding Green, and applaud your being stand-up about him & his performance yesterday.

Everyone misses a goodly portion of projections every year. You had solid logic & reasoning to back up your position - and that's all anyone can ask for.

:D

Let me clarify that I had a few objectives in mind when I dug all this up. Firstly it was because I was bored and had some extra time, coupled with the fact that I was stoked because Ahman Green is a key element to my dynasty fantasy team and has been for years.

Secondly I wanted to provide some discussion on this topic since it is such a significant recovery to me given that, as others have said, no other football player had been known to return from such an injury, and last night Green ran for 110 yards on 20 carries against the Chicago Bears behind a very spotty offensive line.

Thirdly I want to point out that the people in this thread who have said I am 'self-aggrandizing' are dead wrong, as I admitted myself at the end of one of the posts I reposted that even I didn't expect this from Green. I predicted that Green would come back to have a strong finish to his career, but, given the significance of the injury and the situation he was going to return to in Green Bay, I did not expect him to be particularly effective this year. It's a pleasant surprise to me to find that even I (one of a very few who thought he could do it) underestimated him.

Fourthly I did want to brag a bit, but I am entitled to that much.

Fifthly I was being a bit of an ass, but only because I noticed that ninja was the guy who appeared to be the most opinionated anti-comeback poster. I've run across him a few times on this board and noticed that he tends to be quite an opinionated fellow, and so I felt that a little bit of ribbing was in order on this one.

Big score wasn't particularly wrong or right IMO, he seemed to ride the fence to me. But then again, who's counting?

Edited by Crazysight

Let me clarify that I had a few objectives in mind when I dug all this up.

Firstly it was because I was bored

Secondly I wanted to provide some discussion on a very spotty offensive line.

Thirdly I want to point out I am 'self-aggrandizing'

Fourthly I want to brag.

Fifthly I was being an ass.

Big score was right IMO.

WoW!!!

Great post Crazysight :D

(Crazysight @ 9/11/06 5:07pm)

Let me clarify that I had a few objectives in mind when I dug all this up.

Firstly it was because I was bored

Secondly I wanted to provide some discussion on a very spotty offensive line.

Thirdly I want to point out I am 'self-aggrandizing'

Fourthly I want to brag.

Fifthly I was being an ass.

Big score was right IMO.

WoW!!!

Great post Crazysight :D

:lol:

15 more games to go. One decent game doesnt mean we can declare him back. Did you watch the game, or just follow it on the internet? If im wrong, thats great, that means we dont have an immediate need for a runningback. If im right... Well, we will be getting a runningback with our first round pick. I love this guy trying to rub it in... Once again, IM A PACKERS FAN, I WOULD LOVE TO BE WRONG.

15 more games to go. One decent game doesnt mean we can declare him back. Did you watch the game, or just follow it on the internet? If im wrong, thats great, that means we dont have an immediate need for a runningback. If im right... Well, we will be getting a runningback with our first round pick. I love this guy trying to rub it in... Once again, IM A PACKERS FAN, I WOULD LOVE TO BE WRONG.

I don't know at what point a guy officially 'comes back.' If he reinjures it next week than it could be said that he never really made it 'back' even if, for a very brief time, he showed his ability had returned. But now we're overanalyzing I think.

I think the point of all this is that, despite tall odds, Green has made a complete recovery barring any further injury. I did not see the game, but I do know that you don't run for a 5.5 average on 20 carries (plus 3 receptions for 22 yards) against the Chicago Bears in any situation on any team unless you are pretty darned solid. The fact that he did it behind the Green Bay O-line makes it all the more impressive. For that I tip my hat to the guy.

I don't know at what point a guy officially 'comes back.' If he reinjures it next week than it could be said that he never really made it 'back' even if, for a very brief time, he showed his ability had returned. But now we're overanalyzing I think.

I think the point of all this is that, despite tall odds, Green has made a complete recovery barring any further injury. I did not see the game, but I do know that you don't run for a 5.5 average on 20 carries (plus 3 receptions for 22 yards) against the Chicago Bears in any situation on any team unless you are pretty darned solid. The fact that he did it behind the Green Bay O-line makes it all the more impressive. For that I tip my hat to the guy.

Maybe the bears were giving us the rushing game and shutting down the pass. We were out of it in the first half, and we continued to run.

That was an extremely encouraging outing by Ahman. It was even good to see him get a little bit involved in the passing game for my PPR league purposes too. Hopefully he gets back to that 5-6 catch a game status

Knowing Ahman as well as I do he'll probably throw out a 50 yard, no catch clunker against the Saints this week :D