[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ahman Green

Crazysight

Maybe the bears were giving us the rushing game and shutting down the pass. We were out of it in the first half, and we continued to run.

I'm sure they were after a certain point. That would inflate his stats, but he obviously had a good outing nonetheless.

Hopefully we'll get a clearer picture of just where exactly he and the running game is next week against New Orleans. Maybe Green Bay will even be able to find the end zone a few times. But I've had enough Green talk for one day.

Edited by Crazysight

What a d!ckhead. After today's performance I'm suddenly not so high on him. I see he can still fumble the ball well though.

Eh, I don't think the issue was with Green - NO was closing the holes as soon as they opened. They appear to have a pretty darn good run D. Green still showed burst and determination. He also added 6 catches for 48 yds - if you were using him as your #3 back, he tallied 90 total yds. Not great but not awful.

Unfortionately I think a lot of teams are going to appear to have a pretty darn good looking run-defense when they're playing Green Bay. His per carry average is definitely not looking like what it used to be and Detroit, New Orleans and a Chicago team playing the pass because it has a huge lead aren't the most challenging defenses to run on IMO. I don't expect his average to improve unless the line improves, and that won't happen this year. I notice the fumbles with Green keep on coming though.

Unfortionately I think a lot of teams are going to appear to have a pretty darn good looking run-defense when they're playing Green Bay. His per carry average is definitely not looking like what it used to be and Detroit, New Orleans and a Chicago team playing the pass because it has a huge lead aren't the most challenging defenses to run on IMO. I don't expect his average to improve unless the line improves, and that won't happen this year.

I agree with the bulk, but the line HAS been improving from week to week - again, you may want to pin that on competition, but if the rookies and Tausch-Clifton begin to gel, they could be solid.

I notice the fumbles with Green keep on coming though.

2 last week, 1 this week - not that there is ever a GOOD time to fumble, but his seem to come at the absolute worst possible moments.