[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Delhomme

Mr.OG

Ive been in talks with a manager to trade him but wow did he (and the offense) look bad yesterday.

I want to tell myself that once Smith comes back everything will be fine....

Any homers out there with some insights on what happened, other than Smith being out (pantherdave)????

The offense looked very bland. I didn't see Delhomme go through progressions very well. He seemed to lock in on a receiver and just sort of stare at him. Atlanta's D is pretty good, but I can't help but think that they have no receiver even close to S. Smith. They should improve dramatically when he returns.

First off, like I said -Hat's Off to Atlanta. The Falcons just played a near perfect game-it was beautiful to watch from a football standpoint and horrible as a homer. As for the Panther OT, what was working was the quick drop and throw, which they moved the ball fairly decently, but would not stick to it. They appeared to be rather bull-headed about running the ball-almost to a fault. They just waited to long to make any key adjustments and when they did Atlanta knew it was coming. The offense will benifit when Smith returns but it may not be next week, as I'd go as far as to say week 3 right now. The main problem is the O Line right now-they flat out sucked yesterday and Wharton may be gone for quite sometime and Mathis was benched in the second half due to poor play or a shoulder injury. Bottom line-if the PAnthers want to run or pass the O Line better get their chit together in a hurry.