[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

kegtv

keggerz

Ok so I had started a thread this weekend about StreamTVnow.com a site that streams NFL games live via the internet(other PPV events, NFL Network, golf and much more)

I figured I would start a new thread with all the specifics(well many of them) in the first post to make it easier for the TV challenged...

For me there are times when i have to be at my store and dont have a TV to watch the games on so I would

"WATCH" the games via GAME CENTER at cbs.sportsline.com, and well that sucks to "watch" a game that way.

A few things first:

1. I have no affiliation with the site.

2. They charge either $3.85/mo or $11.50 for 3 months

3. They occasionally will cut off registrations

(according to jjpro11 usually before big events, like the Texas/OSU game)

4. Yesterday(opening weekend) their site and many streams were down most of the day

for a server upgrade(yeah it was horrible)

5. It is by no means a great picture but it is very watchable

6. You need to have WINamp or WINvlc to run/view the streams

7. There is a small delay on the streams

(for me it was between 10 seconds to 25 seconds when i checked it)

8. To quote Sunysteelfly76 "I just got Sunday Ticket (light)"

9. They take PayPal.

10. Occasionally they restrict registration, just try again later and you will be able to register.

11. They had EVERY NFL game on their schedule

(unfortunately they had issues on sunday)

Here is the main link: STREAMTVNOW.com

Ok so if you want to get started you will have to go here to register: Registration Page

You will need to d/l either WINamp 5.08d Full or WINvlc to view the streams.

WINamp 5.08d Full:

http://www.winamp.com/player/free.php

http://www.filehippo.com/download_winamp/?31

WINvlc:

http://www.download-zone-free.com/vlcplayer/

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

Their HELP forum: HELP LINK

Calendar/Schedule Link

Channel/Live Streams Link

For the MAC crowd:

Info for viewing streams using MAC OS X

What some other huddlers had to say in the other thread:

ive been subscribing for over a year now and love it.. i mainly use it for boxing and other fight events on ppv, because they show every one.. just about every nfl game is shown each week.. i still go the the sports bar for the steelers because the quality isnt good enough and i enjoy the bar more. but you really cant beat the deal for what you get.. college football, baseball, basketball, hockey.. they show it all.

I switched over to Windows on my Mac and everything works great. This service is truly awesome and no complaints over here.

No complaints. 19" flat screen. The picture is great when it is small. It loses a bit when I go full screen but not enough to make it a distraction. I just got Sunday ticket (light) for about 1/17 the price! :D

they close registration a few hours before a big event to avoid an overflow of people who will come clog up the servers.. tonight was probably because of ohio st vs texas, and theres a couple of fight events going on. check back soon, because they will be open.

Anybody get this to work on a Mac? It's kinda annoying to swtich over to Windows....

found this in the help section:

Q: Are Macs supported?

A: The Mac will only with VLC and will only function properly with x264 streams.

[quot name=kendocious' date='9/10/06 11:36am' post='1662803]I'm in too. Seems to be working great for the Bal/TB pregame show... which I already receive on my regular TV of course  

Keg,Works great! :brew: I have Windows Meida Center along with an outstanding Graphics Card. Has video & audio out jacks for the TV & I can set the PC to either "Clone or "Dual View" capability. I'm now set to watch any & all NFL games on my 48" Sony Wega, for the whopping sum of $3.83 per month :yay::yay::yay: Sunday Ticket...who needs it! :smash:

Edited by keggerz

this certainly can't be legal

can it?

[thinking to self] Well, if it is on the internet, it must be legitimate. [/thinking to self]

cool

um yeah its legal as long as you already get the feed on your tv...yeah my TV is in the backroom but i have to be out on the sales floor

:D

Edited by keggerz

Hey Keg,

Any advice on tweaks to keep the connection strong?

Was watching some of the late games yesterday, Bears Pack in particular, and it kept dropping connection.

i am only about a day longer user then you are. So no I have no idea but I think that yesterday was just a total and complete FUBAR due to their server upgrade. Once there was a problem i didnt even attempt to watch anything yesterday but today I have had NFL Network on with no drops at all and when I was using it Sat. for the very 1st time I had absolutely no drops(once i figured out I had to d/l WINamp)

i paid $11.50 for 3 months...unless you mean me billing my working hours? :D when someone comes into make a bear I mute it and make their bear(but this time of yr we are usually pretty slow after 6pm)

I was referring to billing your working hours. :D

They are not accepting any new members at this time.

just try again later, they will re-open registration

It's sweet to get the NFL Network here in Greencastle, Indiana.

yeah I have been bitching about not having the NFL Network here. Now I have

been able to watch it the last 2 days :D

I am waiting for Paypal deposit to get done, and I am jumping in. Do they have most of the Pay-Per-View events like boxing, wrestling, UFC available? Also, what kind of movies do they offer? Is it typical Pay-per view fare like can be found on most cable channels, or is it more selective and with fewer options?

Thanks for any info, looking forward to seeing what happens.

I am waiting for Paypal deposit to get done, and I am jumping in. Do they have most of the Pay-Per-View events like boxing, wrestling, UFC available? Also, what kind of movies do they offer? Is it typical Pay-per view fare like can be found on most cable channels, or is it more selective and with fewer options?

for the most part looks like its sports oriented with NFL, boxing, MLB, etc...I dont think they have PPV movies but they do stream ESPN and NFL Network

they do stream HBO though, but that seems to be when there's not alot of other sports going on. Even watched Comedy Central for a little bit today.

If you have something you want to see, you can request it, and it seems like their pretty good about it. If you're the only one they'll probably tell you kiss off, but like I said..I watched comedy central for a good hour today.

I am waiting for Paypal deposit to get done, and I am jumping in. Do they have most of the Pay-Per-View events like boxing, wrestling, UFC available?

every single one.. i even watched a live stream of Pride Fighting Championship (like ufc) airing only in japan at 1 am sunday morning.