[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WEEI. BRANCH TO SEATTLE

msaint

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long will it take for branch to play, or at least to play well? He missed all of training camp and doesn't know the offense of the seahawks and has no chemistry with hasselbeck.

TO didn't play at all either and did well. Preseason is for rookies. Vets don't need that BS. A few practices this week and Branch will be able to play in over half the plays

TO didn't play at all either and did well. Preseason is for rookies. Vets don't need that BS. A few practices this week and Branch will be able to play in over half the plays

By the looks of it, a lot of the Vet QBs needed that preseason, too bad more of them didn't play more, and you need them to get the ball to those WRs.

Edited by CD6405

i love the notion that the patriots arent a championship caliber team...and they are not one of the better teams in the afc

buffalo gave them a similar game last year in gillette on halloween eve...they won a game they should have lost...they spotted buffalo 6...then shut them out in the second half...they still have some guys they need to get back on the field

I love Deon Branch as much of the next Pats fan, but only one term comes to mind about his situation....

Product of the system.

yep.

Not that he is not talented because he is. but not so talented that he can produce anywhere he goes.

That being said he was lucky enough to go to a place where he should produce.

Branch is not comparable to Reggie Wayne (either physically or statistically). That's why he did not get Reggie money.

Contrary to what people think, Deon Branch is NOT a strech the field WR. He's a smaller posession guy who know how to find a soft spot in a zone. For a WR to be a Marquee #1 guy he needs to be able to do both.....

Branch is not comparable to Reggie Wayne (either physically or statistically). That's why he did not get Reggie money.

Contrary to what people think, Deon Branch is NOT a strech the field WR. He's a smaller posession guy who know how to find a soft spot in a zone. For a WR to be a Marquee #1 guy he needs to be able to do both.....

Um, Deoin Branch is definitely faster than your average NFL WR. He's roughly equivalent to Andre Johnson or Isaac Bruce in terms of speed (those would be better physical comparisons than Reggie Wayne).

Edited by Bill Swerski

Um, Deoin Branch is definitely faster than your average NFL WR. He's roughly equivalent to Andre Johnson or Isaac Bruce in terms of speed (those would be better physical comparisons than Reggie Wayne).

I dont think you can compare Andre Johnson with Deion Branch.

Andre - 6'3'' 219 / 4.3 40 time

Deion - 5'9'' 193 / 4.47 40 time

It's not that much of time difference, but it does mean something in a game. I do think Issac Bruce is a lot slower than those 2 times now though.

Speed Wise though, Branch is closer to Larry Johnson in 40's, at 4.45

I dont think you can compare Andre Johnson with Deion Branch.

Andre - 6'3'' 219 / 4.3 40 time

Deion - 5'9'' 193 / 4.47 40 time

It's not that much of time difference, but it does mean something in a game. I do think Issac Bruce is a lot slower than those 2 times now though.

Speed Wise though, Branch is closer to Larry Johnson in 40's, at 4.45

I wasn't comparing their sizes. Andre runs a 4.3 consistently? Not sure about that... at least it doesn't look that way on the field. He's fast, but he doesn't appear to be Santana Moss or Lavernaeus Coles fast.

But getting back to my original point, Branch is pretty fast and is definitely not a posession receiver.

I wasn't comparing their sizes. Andre runs a 4.3 consistently? Not sure about that... at least it doesn't look that way on the field. He's fast, but he doesn't appear to be Santana Moss or Lavernaeus Coles fast.

But getting back to my original point, Branch is pretty fast and is definitely not a posession receiver.

I do agree he's fast enough to stretch the field, he isn't a possession reciever.

Ok so I was off a bit on my 33 million it was 5 years 31 million or 3 years 18 million but Im sure you dont live in the NE area so your probably out of the loop these are around the same numbers that have been reported on the local TV in NE

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2568851

where did you get 31 million from? it said 28 million?

Here is something to think about, how are you going to spend a higher draft pick on a player, that is higher than were that player was drafted? I don't get it.

A lot of players are better than where they were drafted.

A lot of players are better than where they were drafted.

I agree but Branch was an early second, and in three years, has not had 1000 rec. So in this instance a first rounder. Also in the parody of the NFL today Seattle could go 4-12, not saying that they will. in '04 GB was 10-6 and last year.

I agree but Branch was an early second, and in three years, has not had 1000 rec. So in this instance a first rounder. Also in the parody of the NFL today Seattle could go 4-12, not saying that they will. in '04 GB was 10-6 and last year.

I hope Seattle goes 4-12. :D