[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WEEI. BRANCH TO SEATTLE

msaint

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to comment on the other point, in 2001, Brown did have 1,200 yards. That was a year where a very cautious offense was put in place for Brady and Brown still managed 1,200 yards. Branch hasn't broken the 1,000 yard mark yet, even playing all 16 games last year in Brady's "best" year statistically. Back to 2001, the 3rd leading receiver behind Brown and Patten was Terry Glenn, who only played in 3 games. The rest of the year he spent in the doghouse/PUP list/suspended list, which is what the Pats would have gotten from Branch this year they didn't trade him for a #1 draft pick.

whoa whoa whoa.

Okay, so Brady has produced a 1000 yard WR. In 2001? Brady was a youngster, and at the time, NOT THE BEST QB in the league. When you're a youngster, or a rookie, and you find a guy that will make that catch for you, you throw to him. ALOT I mean, you don't want to lose your starting job that you JUST stumbled into right?

when you become a TOM BRADY, you can see the whole field. THE WHOLE FIELD. You can see the sidelines and the cheerleaders. You can see the rush and the defender ABOUT to make a really bad mistake. Or you can make that defender make a really bad mistake.

He spreads the ball around now. You know that. If you don't, you should not have that avatar. But i know you know it, so that's neither here nor there. This year, Branch, being really the only option, would've CRUSHED 1000 yards IMO. Not because Brady would need to lean on him, but because Branch would stretch that field hardcore, and get yards after the catch.

Now Brady must spread the ball around. My prediction is not good regarding the yards after the catch. Something that is desperately important if you're going to be a SB contender. Unless Chad Jackson becomes a gift from God or something.

My guess is if Brady produces 1000 yard reciever this year, he'll probably produce 2, because he WILL spread that ball around.

However, the Pats offense is not nearly as plug and play as you would like. If that was the case, the pats would sign EVERYONE to a 1 year deal and cut their ass as soon as they won the superbowl. EVERY YEAR.

I've come to think all this talk about the Patriots "system" keeping a "#1WRs" statistics sub-par is backward. I believe the argument is that, because Brady spreads the ball around so much, no single reciever will ever put up bona-fide stud like numbers.

But turn the argument around. I think because the team does'nt have a reciever that can get open or catch the ball the vast majority of the time he's on the field, (ie; a top 5 or even a top 10 WR in the league),the Patriots scheme to win matchups, and spread the ball around to keep defenses off balance. And they do this very well.

However, you can't tell me that if they had one of the 5 best recievers in the league last year (talent-wise), that player would'nt have reached 1000 yards in 16 games.

I say: the recievers aren't a product of the system. The system is a product of the recievers.

I don't think so. Burleson got a hugh contract. I think it might be bad for Djax and one of my FF teams. :D

No way. Burleson really didn't get that HUGH of a contract. Djax is the WR that Hasselbeck is most comfortable with and has a proven track record as a #1 WR.

For the most part, I just think it is bad for Engram.

Maybe. Lots of options on the field and I'm sure that Hasselbeck and Holmgren are salivating. Engram might seem like the odd man out, but has done way too much in recent seasons w/ Hasselbeck to take off the field. After being sky high on Burleson all year I think his status is really in question.

Don't forget that Jerramy Stevens is out for awhile. How many 3-4 WR sets will the Seahawks put on the field? I don't know, but this makes for a fantasy mess for every Hawk WR except Djax.

No way. Burleson really didn't get that HUGH of a contract. Djax is the WR that Hasselbeck is most comfortable with and has a proven track record as a #1 WR.

Maybe. Lots of options on the field and I'm sure that Hasselbeck and Holmgren are salivating. Engram might seem like the odd man out, but has done way too much in recent seasons w/ Hasselbeck to take off the field. After being sky high on Burleson all year I think his status is really in question.

Don't forget that Jerramy Stevens is out for awhile. How many 3-4 WR sets will the Seahawks put on the field? I don't know, but this makes for a fantasy mess for every Hawk WR except Djax.

Agreed - a FF mess for everyone, Djax stays healthy, he is still solid.

For the Hawks? great news- slide Burleson to the slot where he is ideally suited, and I love the 3WR set.

I think Hass will eventually get comfortable with Nate.

Engram? man, tough break for him, but he can still come in and contribute at the #4 spot.

Agreed - a FF mess for everyone, Djax stays healthy, he is still solid.

For the Hawks? great news- slide Burleson to the slot where he is ideally suited, and I love the 3WR set.

I think Hass will eventually get comfortable with Nate.

Engram? man, tough break for him, but he can still come in and contribute at the #4 spot.

I cannot see them moving Engram out of the slot. he is made for the slot.

I think this affects Burleson if Jackson IS healthy. if they did this because Jackson is worse than everyone thinks than this won't hurt Burleson in the least.

What I think is going on is Jackson is proving to be injury prone and they no longer want to use him as much to keep him healthier. if this is the case it hurts everyone.

I think this affects Burleson if Jackson IS healthy. if they did this because Jackson is worse than everyone thinks than this won't hurt Burleson in the least.

What I think is going on is Jackson is proving to be injury prone and they no longer want to use him as much to keep him healthier. if this is the case it hurts everyone.

Yup, Djax went with his own doctors exclusively. I think the Hawks managment might know as much as you and me regarding Djax's health.

I love Engram, but Burleson is a younger, better slot WR at this point in his career. Burleson is an excellent slot WR.

DJax is the wildcard- if he is healthy- then Burleson takes the fall. But this is also down the road as Branch gets comfortable with the system.

Whatever- gives Sea some weapons and Branch will be their best deep threat.

I love Engram, but Burleson is a younger, better slot WR at this point in his career. Burleson is an excellent slot WR.

DJax is the wildcard- if he is healthy- then Burleson takes the fall. But this is also down the road as Branch gets comfortable with the system.

Whatever- gives Sea some weapons and Branch will be their best deep threat.

I just don't see what makes anyone think Burleson is great at anything. he has not proven anything and I see no 1 thing he is outstanding at.

I think Burleson not being what they expected him to be is as big as Jacksons injury problems as far as reasoning to go out and get Branch.

Engram is their best route runner by far and IMO also has the best hands. I just do not see him losing his job in the slot. I mean look back at his catches last year. so many of them were on 3rd down getting important 1st downs.Hasslebeck has learned to look for engram as much as Jackson on 3rd down.

I mean you could be right as Engram is getting older. but I expect to see Engram in that slot on every 3rd and long for Seattle as long as he is healthy.

I thought Burleson would make a great compliment as #1b to Djax. He has shown flashes of potential as a great athelte. The slot receiver is typically slow and steady, with great hands, great route running and experience with the QB. I don't see how you put him into the slot and put Engram on the sideline. No way.

As a Djax owner this trade makes me nervous as hell especially after his big game yesterday. Can Djax still put up solid numbers with Branch starting opposite of him? I need Djax to have a good year in order for my team to have a good year, because my 3rd pick in the draft was Dom. Davis :D

Edited by efranklin

As a Djax owner this trade makes me nervous as hell especially after his big game yesterday. Can Djax still put up solid numbers with Branch starting opposite of him? I need Djax to have a good year in order for my team to have a good year, because my 3rd pick in the draft was Dom. Davis :D

I'm not worried. Hasselbeck and Djax will continue to hook up.

"I think he's a No. 1 receiver," the quarterback said of Jackson. "Whoever says (he isn't) should put the film on. The guy gets open. The biggest issue with him is just having him out there, and having him healthy, and having him available for practice. ... If he's healthy, he's great. You saw how the Super Bowl started last year: They couldn't cover him, they really couldn't."

I thought Burleson would make a great compliment as #1b to Djax. He has shown flashes of potential as a great athelte. The slot receiver is typically slow and steady, with great hands, great route running and experience with the QB. I don't see how you put him into the slot and put Engram on the sideline. No way.

Agreed- Engram is the perfek slot/3rd & 7 guy. Burleson has not shown he can squeeze the damn ball. I still like him but he doesn't seem to have outstanding hands.

Long season- once Branch is settled in, Stevens comes back- WOW- this O will be ridiculous. So many weapons for Hass to pick from. DJax looks gr8- guy is a player-period.

• 1 month later...

After watching Deion Branch get his first start last week against the Rams, the early returns on this trade are looking very good for the Hawks. Branch is faster and more physical than I realized. His instant chemistry with Hasselbeck is almost eerie. In short, he looks to be everything that Nate Burleson isn't. I'm looking forward to the Hasselbeck to Branch hook up for years to come.

As a Hawks fan, I'd like to thank New England and their system. Minnesota....your system sucks.

After watching Deion Branch get his first start last week against the Rams, the early returns on this trade are looking very good for the Hawks. Branch is faster and more physical than I realized. His instant chemistry with Hasselbeck is almost eerie. In short, he looks to be everything that Nate Burleson isn't. I'm looking forward to the Hasselbeck to Branch hook up for years to come.

As a Hawks fan, I'd like to thank New England and their system. Minnesota....your system sucks.

Its not the system that sucks - its Burleson that sucks. He admited he is having a hard time picking up the west coast offense. Having only 7 catches so far this year proves that point.

Its not the system that sucks - its Burleson that sucks. He admited he is having a hard time picking up the west coast offense. Having only 7 catches so far this year proves that point.

Watching balls go right through his hands does too.