[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well it only took 1 week....

alexgaddis

to get into a fight with the wife over watching football all day on Sunday... :lol:

She actually asked me this question, "Would you rather watch football than talk to me?" :D

That's a trick question. :D No way can you answer that.

for the first time that I can recall, my wife offered up a little attitude over my watching football. I pointed out that I don't watch other sports. In november, my two sons' soccer games begin (I coach both teams) and you guessed it, they play on sunday afternoons. I don't go out drinking with the boys. I'm down from 5 to 3 fantasy leagues. And finally, I pointed out there are bars in the area that have many more than the two televisions I have set up. She finally said that she'll just go out on sunday afternoons.

She actually asked me this question, "Would you rather watch football than talk to me?" :D

I think it's best to respond like a chick:

"You mean, you don't know which I prefer? How long have we lived together? And you don't know me by now!? It's like I live with a stranger! Boo-hoo-hoo! I'm gonna go sleep with other people because you obviously don't care about me at all."

And then don't let her in the house again until she buys you something expensive.

for the first time that I can recall, my wife offered up a little attitude over my watching football. I pointed out that I don't watch other sports. In november, my two sons' soccer games begin (I coach both teams) and you guessed it, they play on sunday afternoons. I don't go out drinking with the boys. I'm down from 5 to 3 fantasy leagues. And finally, I pointed out there are bars in the area that have many more than the two televisions I have set up. She finally said that she'll just go out on sunday afternoons.

Clinically what do you think is her problem? :D

I travel out of town during the week for work, so I'm only home Thursday night thru Mon morning. It gets very stressful during Football season with my wife.

Whoa - tell me you have TivO. I know I've beaten this horse dead, but I cannot stress enough how much more grateful my wife is now that it takes 1 to 1.5 hours to watch a 3-3.5 hour game. And I pick one college and one NFL game to watch 'live', as long as I do stuff at halftime - trash, dishes, etc. Helps a lot.

Plus the highlights after everyone else goes to bed, of course....

translation: He fed her something out of the big green egg, and now she's a Stepford wife.

I don't know where you can send your wives, but I make a T-time for my hubby every Sun.

Not many women like you, Sugar. My wife loves football actually...Sundays are big days for us and she makes them special by her interest and in planning our food for the day.

As for the original question, I'd have to agree with the assessment that it it ONE DAY a week...she should be able to give you that slack.

I usually tell her in advance if there is a game on that I really want to watch. Otherwise I just keep the games on on the back bedroom & go watch in there. I'm usually doing something productive in the process though so I don't get many complaints during gametime. However, through the rest of the day/week when I'm constantly checking the pc for stats, scores, news, info is when she gets a bit irritated. I don't think I'll ever find a way to get around that, so I try my best to keep it at a minimum while I'm at home.

my first day was also a bummer....having four kids will do that to you. But the way it came about stunk.

The wife had planned to take the kids to see her mom for the day, opening up a 6 hour window of football that I was inherently looking forward to enjoying at our local NFL Direct establishment, and perhaps have a few pops with the boys. Sunday AM rolls around, and she calls her mom to check-in before she departs for her 70+ mile trip, only to find out that her mom forgot to call her and tell her that she had dinner plans with some friends, and said it might be better to plan for a diffrent day since they would have to leave early.

Now the wifey had already gotten the kids up, bathed, dressed, and ready for their one-hour-drive. The kids were excited about going to grandmas. To say the least, she was a little irked at the late notice. So in her logial female rationale, after abruptly declining her mom's invitation and informing my crying four-year-old that they are not going to grandmas, my wife decides that since they are staying home that she is CLEANING for the afternoon to make the day productive. Thus, I have to essentially field the kids (age 6, 4, 2, 5 months). I think it was some subluminal way to get back at her mom, and I was the target of the ire.

Actually it wasn't all bad....the kids and I hung in the basement with the games on while I played with them, and my 4 and 6 year-olds played outside with their friends for the bulk of the day. And I was able to catch a large chunk of the Eagles game (my primary goal) while the youngest two napped.

But it definitely wasn't "hang at the bar with my friends, get a solid buzz on, and watch 9 football games in their entirety." :D

to get into a fight with the wife over watching football all day on Sunday... :D

Easy solution.

"Yes, my love, I want very much to talk to you. Alexander is killing me right now. How can he not be running rampant over the lions...Look at Gore go! Man, he's looking good. Arizona has got a really good passing offense. If they start finding a way to run, look out. I am so glad I didn't draft Bledsoe. Nice throw, plummer. Could he throw into any tighter coverage? Hey, my love, it's a commercial. I'm getting myself a beer, you want one?"

Easy solution.

"Yes, my love, I want very much to talk to you. Alexander is killing me right now. How can he not be running rampant over the lions...Look at Gore go! Man, he's looking good. Arizona has got a really good passing offense. If they start finding a way to run, look out. I am so glad I didn't draft Bledsoe. Nice throw, plummer. Could he throw into any tighter coverage? Hey, my love, it's a commercial. I'm getting myself a beer, you want one?"

:D

Whats funny is that she hates football so much she chooses to be in the other room while I watch...I seem to able to play with my daughter while I watch, but she removes herself from me and then complains...

Whoa - tell me you have TivO. I know I've beaten this horse dead, but I cannot stress enough how much more grateful my wife is now that it takes 1 to 1.5 hours to watch a 3-3.5 hour game. And I pick one college and one NFL game to watch 'live', as long as I do stuff at halftime - trash, dishes, etc. Helps a lot.

Plus the highlights after everyone else goes to bed, of course....

When I was working locally I drove an hr down to one of the guys in my local and watched 4 games at his house with my brother. Then I drove back at 6 getting home by 7pm. She was usually irritated with that so I tivo'd the Sunday night game and only watched the MNF game when it was fantasy relevant. Now that i'm out of town all the time, I got the Sunday Ticket at home and watched the games yesterday. I ran a TON of errands on Sat so it was ok to lounge around all day Sunday. She did some misc stuff that she needed to get caught up on so no complaints yet. I give her about 2 more weeks then the bitching begins.

I get to watch the MNF game at a bar in the town I work though :D

:D

Whats funny is that she hates football so much she chooses to be in the other room while I watch...I seem to able to play with my daughter while I watch, but she removes herself from me and then complains...

Same here, mine spent the whole day in our 2nd bedroom!

Easy solution.

I want you to know that I copied this down and will save this to give to anyone who ever asks this question again...what a great response!! :D

Tell her that she has six other days during the week to talk to you.

Correction: 5 days when you include Monday Night Football, and sometimes 4 days if there are Thursday or Saturday games. Either way, she still has more than enough time to talk to you during any given week. Football is football, however, and she must understand that. :D

I travel out of town during the week for work, so I'm only home Thursday night thru Mon morning. It gets very stressful during Football season with my wife.

That sucks. Is there any reason that you two can't talk in the livingroom with the TV on?

Not many women like you, Sugar. My wife loves football actually...Sundays are big days for us and she makes them special by her interest and in planning our food for the day.

Same here. I wouldn't have married my wife if she disliked sports.