[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lundi-Morency

theeohiostate

Very poor performance from the overhyped Lundi this weekend. Morency got a few shots and didn't do anything with it.

I'm no where near ready to say either of these two can't surplant themselves as a true #1, but when does Houston consider Dayne? If both runners have another game of struggling for 1 yard per carry, i don't see how Kubiak wouldn't give Dayne a much closer look with the first team. I don't know what the status is with Daynes injury that forced him out of preseason action, nor am i suggesting to dash off and grab Dayne off the waiver wire, but in 16-18 team leagues, he could be well worth a roster spot. And if the struggles continue, i'd keep an eye of Dayne getting .............another..............shot a starting NFL RB.

It was against an improved Eagles run defense. Let's not stick the fork in the Houston running game yet and I assure you that Dayne will not be able to much better, not to mention he's not the RB of the future for the Texans.

Edited by TDFFFreak

• 2 weeks later...

Dayne had more carries than any other HOU RB last week. Kubiak is familiar with him from DEN, and he fits the DEN zone blocking scheme that Kubiak brought from DEN and is trying to install. Gado is very familiar to OC Sherm Lewis, who used him in GB last season when every other RB got hurt. Gado had a nice run last week. So both Dayne & Gado seem to be a threat to the starting RB slot in HOU.

In GB Gado was an aim-and-fire-the-missle-at-the-hole type runner, which is counter productive in a one-cut running scheme. The word on Gado as to why he couldn't cut it with GB is that he couldn't comprehend the playbook, which also goes hand in hand with his running style, and would make one think he would struggle in a Kubiak offense, since if the DEN playbook is gigantic, and again kubiak is probably using a lot of that material in establishing his offense.

I just added Dayne this week as a flyer with Lundy on my roster. I'm curious to see how Gado fits in, but I'd think Dayne would get the first shot at the #1 RB spot of Lundy in fact can't hold it.

Dayne had more carries than any other HOU RB last week. Kubiak is familiar with him from DEN, and he fits the DEN zone blocking scheme that Kubiak brought from DEN and is trying to install. Gado is very familiar to OC Sherm Lewis, who used him in GB last season when every other RB got hurt. Gado had a nice run last week. So both Dayne & Gado seem to be a threat to the starting RB slot in HOU.

In GB Gado was an aim-and-fire-the-missle-at-the-hole type runner, which is counter productive in a one-cut running scheme. The word on Gado as to why he couldn't cut it with GB is that he couldn't comprehend the playbook, which also goes hand in hand with his running style, and would make one think he would struggle in a Kubiak offense, since if the DEN playbook is gigantic, and again kubiak is probably using a lot of that material in establishing his offense.

I just added Dayne this week as a flyer with Lundy on my roster. I'm curious to see how Gado fits in, but I'd think Dayne would get the first shot at the #1 RB spot of Lundy in fact can't hold it.

I am having a hard time to decide between Lundy and Dayne. I finally cut Dayne but I might cut Lundy and get Dayne. Dayne prob has the most upside because of goaline. I kept Lundy because I thought he was still that starter.

I am having a hard time to decide between Lundy and Dayne. I finally cut Dayne but I might cut Lundy and get Dayne. Dayne prob has the most upside because of goaline. I kept Lundy because I thought he was still that starter.

Reading between the lines, Lundy owners (including me) ought to be very, very leery of him right now. When your HC picks up a RB that was formerly named the #1 RB in the off season this year for the team he used to be an OC for, and then your OC picks up a RB who started for him on his former team, that spells bad news for the #1 RB in place - which is Lundy. Both the HC & OC are looking at RBs that they are very familiar with and who had success in their respective systems previously. That's sure NOT a vote of confidence for the current starter.

That's true, but he was also cut by Denver. I think this will take a few weeks to play out.

Ohiostate wrote Dayne to start.

Did Lundy already lose his starting job?

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.p...20Latest%20News

When Kubiac was asked about Sunday's starting RB

(on the starting running back for Sunday) “I’ll start Wali (Lundy) or Ronnie, but chances are it’s going to be Ronnie with the direction we’re going.

Edited by theeohiostate

Rotoworld

Coach Gary Kubiak will use Ron Dayne on short-yardage and third-down situations.

He'll give up carries to Wali Lundy and Samkon Gado, but it sounds like Dayne will be the lead horse in Week 3. "I just think he fits the mold of what we want," coach Gary Kubiak said. "Right now, we need somebody to pound the ball for three or four yards, and we need to get some yards on third down."

Bye week help, may be an answer if your desperate.

As a once beeming Lundy owner, who snagged him late in the draft on a 16 team league, I can say that I am dissapointed that Lundy was unable to do more with his chance. He was up against a tough challenge, a rook on a bad team, but man, he could of showed more. I think he got the short end of the stick, but we havent seen the last of him, he will probably lose his #1 status but as the Texans face off against lesser defensive fronts, he will pick up the pace.

We all know that Dayne will take this job and keep it. Every time he gets an opportunity he makes the most of it. So go ahead and dump Lundy and Gado with confidence. :D