[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Injured Players

YoungBob

I have been thrust into the role of co-commish while the commish is on his honeymoon and a league member has asked that we consider creating an additional roster spot for injured players. We have a 14 team league that only allows 2 QB's and 3 RB's on the roster. (Amazingly, the owner in question has Trent Green as his QB.) Does anyone have a league in which the status of a player is allowed to be changed from "active" to "injured"? If so, how would that work? There is no baseball-like DL. I'm inclined to tell this owner to work through Green's injury, but thought I may get a few ideas here.

I have been thrust into the role of co-commish while the commish is on his honeymoon and a league member has asked that we consider creating an additional roster spot for injured players. We have a 14 team league that only allows 2 QB's and 3 RB's on the roster. (Amazingly, the owner in question has Trent Green as his QB.) Does anyone have a league in which the status of a player is allowed to be changed from "active" to "injured"? If so, how would that work? There is no baseball-like DL. I'm inclined to tell this owner to work through Green's injury, but thought I may get a few ideas here.

One of my legues does that. The rule is the player has to be listed officially 'OUT' to be eligible for IR.

can't change the rules once the season starts IMO.

I play in a 12-Team Keeper league, 16 player rosters, but we do allow 2 players to be put on IR. They can be put on IR, but it costs you more than dropping them. You can keep them on IR for as long as they show up on the official NFL Injury Report. Once they come off the report OR play their first game, they must come off a another cost - at which time you must drop a player from your 16-player roster. We have done this for the past 13 years and it works great.

I have Trent Green and Joe Jurevicius - both are going on the IR this week! :D

can't change the rules once the season starts IMO.

Agreed wholeheartedly. Do not make this change. It is something that your league should have planned for and put in the rules prior to the season starting.

As an FYI, we have one IR spot per team. Player must be listed as questionable or worse on the NFL.com injury report. Minimum stay is three weeks, maximum is six. The player can be traded once put on the list but the receiving team must have their IR spot open.