[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marty Ball

PaulOttCarruth

:D

Why pass against a pathetic Raiders team when you have virtually no need to? This is classic example illustrating the difference between the real game & FF.

FF owners - especially those who own spent a high draft pick on Gates - need Rivers to throw the football. SD had no reason to throw yesterday to beat the Raiders (will OAK win a game this year? - geez, what an awful effort), and any HC worth anything knows that you don't put the ball in the air if there is no need to. Running the ball is a much less risky proposition than passing the football.

In the battle for FF owners to have Rivers slinging the football & for HC Marty to win the game by keeping the ball on the ground - well, that's a moot argument...

:D

Why pass against a pathetic Raiders team when you have virtually no need to? This is classic example illustrating the difference between the real game & FF.

FF owners - especially those who own spent a high draft pick on Gates - need Rivers to throw the football. SD had no reason to throw yesterday to beat the Raiders (will OAK win a game this year? - geez, what an awful effort), and any HC worth anything knows that you don't put the ball in the air if there is no need to. Running the ball is a much less risky proposition than passing the football.

In the battle for FF owners to have Rivers slinging the football & for HC Marty to win the game by keeping the ball on the ground - well, that's a moot argument...

True. But at the point Marty stopped passing, the score was 13-0. Far from in the bag. He was running on 3rd and 6, 3rd and 8, etc. That's a good way to lose a game, IMO.

There are soooo many more things that can go wrong when you drop back that when you hand it off. As much as it was pissing me off as a Charger fan, the way the game was going, AND getting his new QB used to being out there, running the offense. It was probably the right thing to do.

Rivers came through when asked. 8-11 with only one "bad throw" that could have been a long gainer to LT, a TD and three third down conversions :lol: . That pass to Parker, with Sapp in his face was AMAZING! :D Brees would NEVER have made that throw! :brew:

If the Titans are what they showed this week, I would not be surprised to see more of the same next week in San Diego. :lol:

Turner might not be a bad #2 or flex player until they open this thing up a little and take it for a spin! :D

True. But at the point Marty stopped passing, the score was 13-0. Far from in the bag. He was running on 3rd and 6, 3rd and 8, etc. That's a good way to lose a game, IMO.

That's only true if the other team can generate any offense. OAK obviously couldn't, and Marty knew that.

Not when you've got LT :D

that had me especially pissed as an LT owner last night. i basically needed LT to match what chester taylor did earlier in the night, and after the first quarter i figure i have it in the bag. 30 consecutive runs right into the middle of the line with like 15 guys in the box, and about 20 total yards later i'm still sweating it late in the 4th quarter. i end up winning by .3 points :D

If the Titans are what they showed this week, I would not be surprised to see more of the same next week in San Diego. :D

Good info here. Against lesser opponents Marty has the tendency to run, run, run until everybody watching the game is becoming nauseous. At this stage of Rivers' career Marty will only ask him to do more if it's absolutely necessary to win.

. That pass to Parker, with Sapp in his face was AMAZING! :D Brees would NEVER have made that throw! :D

Did you see Rivers turn around and talk smack to Sapp after the completion! :lol: As a UNC fan, Rivers gave us fits at NC State. I'm glad that I can finally pull for the kid. He's got guts.