[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roy Williams predicts win against Bears

TheGrunt

Meh...........How can you blame a guy for a PMA??? Getting hyped is part of the game, anything can happen in the NFL, there are no sure bets, and that's coming from a Bears fan! All I can say is:

Bring your best game!

Detroit put up a whopping 6 points againt SEA at home.

Now they go on the road to face a much better defense. Williams is a dumbass.

:D

Edit: Didn't read BB's post, but it sure seems like I did.

Edited by Furd

For God's sake, don't you think players should be confident? I wouldn't want my star WR going into the game say, "We are going to lose, defintely, you can write it down. We have LOST this one."

Anything can happen, heck they might luck up and win; it is only week two, it is not like any team has established dominance yet.

Chicago isn't exactly a offensive powerhouse. They have a decent running game but only 1 wide receiver worth anything. Contain him and control the run and I think you are going to limit them to field goals.

You know, I hate to argue on the side that defends the Bears, but when I see stuff like this, I can't refrain...

Check week 1 stats yet?

Bernard Berrian, week 1

1 catch 49 yards 1 TD

Roy Williams, week 1

3 catches 36 yards 0 TDs

If I'm not mistaken, CHI's (according to you) worthless #2 WR outperformed stud WR Roy big mouth Williams by a bit. But I tell you what - since Berrian isn't worth squat, why don't you call the DET coaching staff & have them gameplan to leave a CB on an island all game against Berrian this Sunday & let's see who's worthless.

Full disclosure: I don't own Berrian on any FF team, and I grew up a Packer fan.

For God's sake, don't you think players should be confident? I wouldn't want my star WR going into the game say, "We are going to lose, defintely, you can write it down. We have LOST this one."

Anything can happen, heck they might luck up and win; it is only week two, it is not like any team has established dominance yet.

Don't confuse stupidity with confidence.

+1

1) Roy Williams is not a "star WR."

2) The Lions offense is horrible, and they are going up against a very good defense. Seems like a godawful time to be running your mouth.

3) Don't be ridiculous - you can be confident without guaranteeing a win.

Sheer stupidity on Williams' part.

Don't confuse stupidity with confidence.

No, stupidity is signing Koren Robinson, Charles Rogers, and Rod Gardner to teams.

Stupidity is people counting Tampa Bay out after 1 week but saying Carolina just played a bad game.

1) Roy Williams is not a "star WR."

2) The Lions offense is horrible, and they are going up against a very good defense. Seems like a godawful time to be running your mouth.

3) Don't be ridiculous - you can be confident without guaranteeing a win.

Sheer stupidity on Williams' part.

1) Roy Williams is their star WR.

2) The Bears offense is horrible, and I think it is a great time to give a guarantee. You just knocked the crap out of Matt Hasselbeck, who some think is a top tier QB. Now you are going against Rex Grossman, who hasn't shown that he can control a game without making stupid mistakes. You held the number 1 RB of a year ago to 51 yards and a couple of fumbles. GB's horrible defense did not allow much of a running game to Chicago, their supposed strong point on offense. Yes, Chicago got a LITTLE bit of offense through the air, but the only score came at the very start on busted coverage for 49 yards.

3) Yes, you can be confident without talking to the media, but why not? Show that you believe in this team, and you are not afraid to say it to the media. I give him credit for being gutsy enough to say it out loud.

Like I said earlier, it is week 2, why not make a guarantee? Who says they can't go in and win? They have as good a shot as anyone else does in week 2. Jon Kitna will keep them in the game because he will manage the game and not make stupid mistakes. I don't know about Rex Grossman, if he gets pounded like Hasselbeck did...he might not even be in the game with his injury past.

To see how the Seahawks felt after that game,and some of the hits here is an article.

Seahawks' pain slowly subsiding from win over rugged Lions

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-b...ov=ap&type=lgns

You know, I hate to argue on the side that defends the Bears, but when I see stuff like this, I can't refrain...

Check week 1 stats yet?

Bernard Berrian, week 1

1 catch 49 yards 1 TD

Roy Williams, week 1

3 catches 36 yards 0 TDs

If I'm not mistaken, CHI's (according to you) worthless #2 WR outperformed stud WR Roy big mouth Williams by a bit. But I tell you what - since Berrian isn't worth squat, why don't you call the DET coaching staff & have them gameplan to leave a CB on an island all game against Berrian this Sunday & let's see who's worthless.

Full disclosure: I don't own Berrian on any FF team, and I grew up a Packer fan.

Bro..we are definately worried about the Bears as they are fine team coming off a playoff season. but Berrian will be way down the list of things we are scared of on the Bears.

And you can count on 1 guy defending him all day. just like every other team in the NFL will do when they play them. I mean it aint like you got to double team him or anything.

Bro..we are definately worried about the Bears as they are fine team coming off a playoff season. but Berrian will be way down the list of things we are scared of on the Bears.

And you can count on 1 guy defending him all day. just like every other team in the NFL will do when they play them. I mean it aint like you got to double team him or anything.

Figured I'd mosey on over during the first half & see how that guarantee is working out for DET.

Looks like Berrian is locked down and not doing any damage either. Only 2 catches so far...

:lol:

Looks like Berrian is locked down and not doing any damage either. Only 2 catches so far...

:lol:

TD	Bernard Berrian, 41 Yd pass from Rex Grossman (Robbie Gould kick is good), 14:16. Drive: 6 plays, 72 yards in 1:54.

B. Berrian	5c	89yds	1TD