[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No plan for Vikes to lighten Chester Taylor's load

PaulOttCarruth

Pioneer Press

One-man gang: Running back Chester Taylor's 31 carries were the most in a Vikings season opener and just two short of the team single-game record, shared by Chuck Foreman (1975 and '77), Terry Allen (1992) and Scottie Graham (1993).

The Vikings apparently have no plan to lighten Taylor's load.

"Running backs usually get better the warmer they get, the more feel they get for the game," Childress said. "They can kind of get lathered up a little bit. In a perfect world, that's what you do; you lather a guy up."

For all of Taylor's hard work, he rushed for just 88 yards and averaged 2.8 a carry. Childress said the running game is still "a work in progress."

Man, we could use more coaches like Childress who purposefully avoid RBBC.

I'm carrying Chester in four leagues and lovin' it. I was a big proponent on these boards of drafting him in the mid to late 2nd round. His schedule this year is up and down in terms of playing decent run defenses, but check out his fantasy playoff schedule starting in week 14. This guy is going to be a stud.

"Running backs usually get better the warmer they get, the more feel they get for the game," Childress said. "They can kind of get lathered up a little bit. In a perfect world, that's what you do; you lather a guy up."

Wow! it is nice to see that at least one head coach gets it. I love reading this!!! :D

Funny, where are all those rubes who predicted a RBBC this year in Minnie?

:D

i didn't predict RBBC, but i did predict a pretty pathetic offense. after watching them control the LOS vs. wash though (as well as utilizing chester very effectively and being very committed to the run), i have to admit i think i had chester ranked too low. :D

I had my eye on Chester (like most people on the board) weeks before the draft came and I missed him by two picks.....

Im not asking this for fantasy advice, but with Davenport going to the Steelers and possibly taking Parker's goalline touches, do you think its possible for Chester to have a better year than FWP?

Three tough defenses to start out - Carolina and Chicago are next.

Carolina might not be that bad of a matchup. They let Atlanta run for 250 yards on the ground last week, and Dan Morgan is out. I don't expect Chester to go buck wild all over them, but 100 total yards and a score is attainable.

I had my eye on Chester (like most people on the board) weeks before the draft came and I missed him by two picks.....

I was greeted with snickering with my Chester Taylor pick. Thanks for the news PaulOttCarruth, I'll go ahead plug him in until he breaks...I mean if he breaks. :D

I was greeted with snickering with my Chester Taylor pick. Thanks for the news PaulOttCarruth, I'll go ahead plug him in until he breaks...I mean if he breaks. :D

They laughed at me for Frank Gore too. Sure the team sucks, but...

Brad Johnsonn looked good last week. If they can set up the run he will have a good year.