[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where does LJ rank for YOU now?

scuba chuck

Given what we now know about KC thus far this season, where would you now rank him if you had to draft in a redraft league now? Assume a performance scoring league where 10 rush/rec yds = 20 pass yds = 1pt.

The below list represents, in order, the list of backs projected by expected fantasy points (The Huddle List). For you, how far does Larry fall?

L Johnson

S Alexander

L Tomlinson

T Barber

R Brown

S Jackson

E James

C Williams

R Johnson

W McGahee

C Portis

L Jordan

B Westbrook

K Jones

C Taylor

W Parker

J Jones

Edited by scuba chuck

Tomlinson was amazing this last week... after seeing that, I would probably want him as my #1 overall pick, followed by Larry Johnson and then Alexander.

FWIW, I think Alexander will have a huge game this coming week against Arizona.

I'd still list him no lower than #2. I think the Bengals defense is much improved. LJ got a lot of looks in the passing game and if that continues, he could be even more valuable. Johnson still averaged 4.0 ypc, so I think the O-line thing may be over-played.

Green will be back after KC's bye in Week 3. LJ doesn't concern me.

I'd still keep him where I had him to start...number 2, behind LT.

If we're going to use performance based on Week one as any indicator of the value of a player for the season, then shouldn't Frank Gore be the #1 back? He outscored all backs this weekend. Since he isn't, the logic is flawed.

LJ will be fine this season, though in projections, he is not showing any TD's. I find it hard to believe that he'll not score a TD for the first two games this year.

Edited by The Wolf

I'd still keep him where I had him to start...number 2, behind LT.

If we're going to use performance based on Week one as any indicator of the value of a player for the season, then shouldn't Frank Gore be the #1 back? He outscored all backs this weekend. Since he isn't, the logic is flawed.

LJ will be fine this season, though in projections, he is not showing any TD's. I find it hard to believe that he'll not score a TD for the first two games this year.

Your points are salient, and hopefully you understand that his suspected current weakness is not just due to week 1 performance in a vacuum. To me the question marks that are beginning to take hold are:

1) Loss of Green - albeit short term (hopefully)

2) O-line questions

3) New coach

To me the question marks that are beginning to take hold are:

1) Loss of Green - albeit short term (hopefully)

2) O-line questions

3) New coach

I would also add a #4, defenses are ready for him this year. Between LT, SA, and LJ, I saw potential downfalls for each one but I saw the biggest potential problem with LJ. SA showed that they miss Hutchinson last week, but the O-line wasn't doing much last week. With the loss of Green and no great backup QB, I don't think LJ will be able to carry the team all season and they will be playing from behind.

I wouldn't get too out of control with my LJ bashing yet. In my leagues he was still 12th in RB scoring for Week # 1 and that was with:

1) The Loss of Trent Green

2) O-line questions

3) New coach.

I'd still take LT first and Shaun second, but I'm not going to judge LJ a bust based upon one week. Every FF "authority" I've read or heard says don't pay attention to the pre-season and don't get too excited about one weeks worth of stats...but people seem to do it every year.

I would also add a #4, defenses are ready for him this year. Between LT, SA, and LJ, I saw potential downfalls for each one but I saw the biggest potential problem with LJ. SA showed that they miss Hutchinson last week, but the O-line wasn't doing much last week. With the loss of Green and no great backup QB, I don't think LJ will be able to carry the team all season and they will be playing from behind.

Defenses have been trying to stop the KC Running game for a few years now, so I don't think this is really the issue. Yes, the OLine issues, head coach, QB and lack of receivers hurt. I'll even throw in another one...the loss of Tony Richardson.

But when all is said and done, aside from LT, tell me who will have more fantasy points than LJ? SA does not catch the ball so LJ has him by a wide margin there. You could make a case for Tiki, but Jacobs is not only eating into his goal line carries, but his regular work as well.

If anything, LJ will get MORE work this year because of his involvement in the passing game. He could catch 70 balls like Jordan did last year. That adds another element to his game that defenses have to plan for...and should help open up the running lanes.

No. to me, and this is just my opinion...I respect all in here...LJ will still be #2 this year.

Edited by The Wolf

there's a lot of talented RBs out there. they just need to be in the right place. Priest was in the right place. LJ was in the right place last year. but things change. and the changes in KC are too big and too many to overlook.

don't get me wrong, he's still good. but don't be expecting 1800 yards and 20 TDs anytime soon.

I'd still have him in the top 3. The only RB who outscored him without a TD was Tiki. If LJ had scored a TD, he'd have finished as a top 4 RB from last week. Even without Green, he's still going to get a heavy workload - in fact, with Huard it ought to be even heavier - and the TDs will come. LJ is young enough & strong enough to accomodate a heavy load, so I don't see what the issue is. Edwards has shown in the past that while his team doesn't get an extraordinary amount of rushes, his #1 RB gets a sh*tload of work.

If I were to be worried about any of the top 3, it would be Alexander. That was a really poor effort against a mediocre Lions' run D, and with Huchinson bolting and Walter Jones tweaking his ankle, his bread-and-butter left side of the O-line is decimated.

Between RB's 20 to 25 & it's due to the situation he's in.

huh?

Anyway, I'd put him behind LT, Alexander and possibly Tiki at this point.