[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

GADO TO HOUSTON FOR MORENCY

msaint

Rotoworld: Profootballtalk.com reports the Texans have acquired Samkon Gado for Vernand Morency.

Former Green Bay coach Mike Sherman coaches the offensive line and surely was a major factor in Gado's acquisition. It's great news for Gado, who should be picked up if available in all leagues. Gado should have a better chance to get carries and vie for a bigger role in Houston.

Funny thing is, I have Ahman and tried to get Gado late but he was snagged, so I took Morency....now I have Ahman's handcuff anyway! :D

Edited by DMD

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please explain to me again why OC Sherman being familiar with Gado & picking him up is more important than HC Kubiak being familiar with Dayne & picking him up?

I am not so sure that one of the coaches being more familiar with either player is the importance here. Isn't it possible that Houston realized that Dayne is not the answer that they thought he'd be (albeit with no playing time, for sure) and that Gado was a better fit? Not that I saw a lot of Gado last year, he seemed to be the much better receiver out of the back field as compared to Dayne. In the Houston offense, historically, the RB has had a lot of passes thrown his way.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by The Wolf

the morency slant from rotoworld: It's a good trade for the fantasy value of both players. Morency will have to learn a slightly different system, but could grow into the primary backup job to Ahman Green, who remains a big injury risk. Morency is roster-worthy in 12-by-15 leagues, but barely.

Just a quick FYI.

Rotoworld is running this story off of a report from Profootball Talk Rumor Mill.

Checked both the Pack & Texan website. Nothing.

Then checked a few Pack & Texan message boards. They're only speculating from Profootball Talk Rumor Mill story as well.

I'd wait on reliable confirmation before making any roster moves.

this is what is in the Rumors section of profootballtalk

POSTED 3:19 p.m. EDT; UPDATED 3:32 p.m. EDT, September 13, 2006

TEXANS, PACK SWAP TAILBACKS

A league source tells us that the Green Bay Packers have shipped running back Samkon Gado to the Houston Texans in exchange for running back Vernand Morency.

Gado, an undrafted free agent signed by the Packers in 2005, was one of the few brights spots in the team's dismal 4-12 season, rushing for 582 yards and getting five starts. He played college ball at Division I-AA Liberty, and plans to go to medical school when his football career ends. He had two carries for -7 yards on Sunday.

Morency was a third-round pick of the Texans in 2005. He rushed for 184 yards for the season. Morency had one carry for five yards in the regular season opener.

The move reunites Gado with former Packers head coach Mike Sherman, who is assistant head coach of the Texans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link

Im not saying that this isnt in the works or might not possibly happen, but IMO Profootballtalk.com is nothing more than a rumor mill that prints every little rumor they hear. Then on the 50/50 chance the rumor comes true, they can say we were the first to break the story. Just pisses me off all of the bogus info they put out there. :D