[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

GADO TO HOUSTON FOR MORENCY

msaint

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a reality about HOU - they start their season out with this schedule:

PHI, @IND, WAS, MIA, @DAL, JAX - those are all very good rush defenses and no RB is going to look very good behind that line against that schedule.

The new line isnt great, but I dont think you can use the line as the scapegoat anymore. Like you said about Gado, there is a reason Lundy was taken in the 6th round. :D

First, Lundy got buried when the Dayne trade was made. Now Lundy is getting buried again with the Gado trade. To me, all this shuffling does little to change my opinion. They are going to go with Wali, and these other guys will fill as necessary. Call me crazy, but I feel better about my Lundy pick now than I did when I made it.

First, Lundy got buried when the Dayne trade was made. Now Lundy is getting buried again with the Gado trade. To me, all this shuffling does little to change my opinion. They are going to go with Wali, and these other guys will fill as necessary. Call me crazy, but I feel better about my Lundy pick now than I did when I made it.

I concur.

All y'all who are dissing PFT need to realize something: when they begin one of their pieces with "A league source has informed PFT that..." they have roughly a 100% accuracy rate. Their "speculation" and "rumors" are ALWAYS stated as such, and if YOU take that stuff as gospel, then YOU have a problem understanding English.

This is just another example of Mike Florio, the main man at PFT, having legitimate contacts within the NFL. If you think the preponderance of speculation and rumors isn't worth reading, then don't read it. However, it's almost ALWAYS worth talking about -- EVEN if it ends up being untrue.

I dare somebody to find me an instance where PFT reported something as fact and ended up being incorrect.

In this situation, PFT could have helped a whole lot of FF players who could have acquired Gado on the cheap BEFORE the major outlets started reporting it.

I hope your right, I have him at the end of my bench in 2 leagues. I was thinking I'll either look very smart or have someone for trade bait and/or waiver wire fodder..... :D

FWIW, if Morency is, in fact, the Packers' prize for Gado, then this trade makes very little sense.

Both Houston and Green Bay use the same zone running scheme, so if Gado didn't get it in GB, he probably won't get it in Houston. Same goes for Morency.

Unless, as BB said, the coaches believe Morency's more like A. Green and Gado is more like Lundy, then this trade seems like a change for change's sake.

That's about the way I feel about it. Lundy is still the #1 RB in HOU until Kubiak says otherwise. And I assume no one is looking at Lundy or any other HOU RB as anything more than depth.

All y'all who are dissing PFT need to realize something: when they begin one of their pieces with "A league source has informed PFT that..." they have roughly a 100% accuracy rate. Their "speculation" and "rumors" are ALWAYS stated as such, and if YOU take that stuff as gospel, then YOU have a problem understanding English.

This is just another example of Mike Florio, the main man at PFT, having legitimate contacts within the NFL. If you think the preponderance of speculation and rumors isn't worth reading, then don't read it. However, it's almost ALWAYS worth talking about -- EVEN if it ends up being untrue.

I dare somebody to find me an instance where PFT reported something as fact and ended up being incorrect.

In this situation, PFT could have helped a whole lot of FF players who could have acquired Gado on the cheap BEFORE the major outlets started reporting it.

You're preaching to the choir brotha, I check that site out 3 or 4 times a day.

Funny thing is, I have Ahman and tried to get Gado late but he was snagged, so I took Morency....now I have Ahman's handcuff anyway! :D

Same here, I drafted Ahman and Dom Davis, then couldn't land Gado or Lundy to handcuff, but did end up with Morency. Morency was the first guy I would've cut off my roster, now maybe he stays.

You mean like the Brett Favre retirement conference. :D FWIW, I don't read there site anymore and haven't months for this very reason.

I don't see what either club really gains from this...the trade doesn't make much sense to me.

At least Gado, who seems like a nice kid that went to school in my hometown(Lynchburg, VA) can get to a team that has a better chance of winning. No offense to GB fans and I'm fully aware that the Texans sucked last season but Ted Thompson might be the third worst GM in the league. :D

I don't see what either club really gains from this...the trade doesn't make much sense to me.

It's the periphery of the trade that the information lies. Both teams felt that their respective guy held little to no value for them. So rather than just cutting them or using them as nothing more than special teams fodder, they made a move to try to get a player that might improve their RB depth meaningfully.

What you can really read into the trade is that GB is very satisfied with A Green's progress, and HOU feels comfortable with Lundy & Dayne at RB. Otherwise HOU wouldn't have sent Morency packing, and GB wouldn't have moved Gado. Neither one of these guys was traded for to become next week's starter.

It's the periphery of the trade that the information lies. Both teams felt that their respective guy held little to no value for them. So rather than just cutting them or using them as nothing more than special teams fodder, they made a move to try to get a player that might improve their RB depth meaningfully.

What you can really read into the trade is that GB is very satisfied with A Green's progress, and HOU feels comfortable with Lundy & Dayne at RB. Otherwise HOU wouldn't have sent Morency packing, and GB wouldn't have moved Gado. Neither one of these guys was traded for to become next week's starter.

I guess you can also assume that GB is very comfortable with Noah Herron as well. His value just shot up IMO.

You mean like the Brett Favre retirement conference. :D FWIW, I don't read there site anymore and haven't months for this very reason.

Actually, I believe the first line of THAT story, reported by MULTIPLE outlets, was something like, "The assistant to the secretary to the aide to the butler of Brett Favre's cousin's mother-in-law told her BFF that Favre will be announcing his retirement today."

Never was that story reported as fact; it was simply a RIDICULOUS mistake by some moronic woman who barely got a sniff of Favre's dirty socks once, followed by RIDICULOUS media overreaction.

Don't get me started, dammit!!! :D

Actually, I believe the first line of THAT story, reported by MULTIPLE outlets, was something like, "The assistant to the secretary to the aide to the butler of Brett Favre's cousin's mother-in-law told her BFF that Favre will be announcing his retirement today."

Never was that story reported as fact; it was simply a RIDICULOUS mistake by some moronic woman who barely got a sniff of Favre's dirty socks once, followed by RIDICULOUS media overreaction.

Don't get me started, dammit!!! :D

But its oh so fun. :D