[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joe Horn

kryptonite

I do not know much about NOS football, but with his coach somewhat calling Joe Horn out recently, is his fantasy profit done? Especially with the DM and RB running wild.

And with the two other WRs, what future does Horn hold?

And does this mean that Colston now the man?

There has been so much talk about RB that I have read a lot about Horn....or did I miss it?

Thanks.

The only thing that Sean Payton said about Horn was he thought that his down field blocking was not up to par in the Clev. game. Horn is still the man here, but I expect his numbers to be down this year because of the swing passes to Bush, and the talent of the young rcv'ers.

Joke and laugh all you want but Horn's being top 20 days are over. He will be used mostly to draw top coverage leaving Colston and Henderson on the nickel coverages and getting most of the throws that go to WR. very good chance that he doesn't lead the team in receptions. Of course if teams start single covering him and start playing the youngsters he has the ability to have some big games.

Obviously you didn't watch him at all last year!

Two things contributed to last season.

1) Turbulant offseason, ie. HURRICANE KATRINA.

2) A little thing I like to call, Aaron Brooks.

Im not saying he's going to be a great WR this year, but his career isn't over. He will be a good contributor to the Saints.

With all due respect, I am not focusing on the Saints and his contributions as much as I am looking out for my fantasy team...and his performance, albeit week 1, has me concerned, especialy since he was not a stud last year.....he pulled his hammy, was out four games, add to this the emergence of so many others, it just looks like his fantasy potential is on the downward slope....I hope I am wrong, he was huge for me in '04, so I am simply opening this up for discussion....and so the question still stands, in light of two younger WRs, what value does Horn hold.....especially if Colston is a big target for Brees....

Edited by kryptonite

Let's look at it this way: his days of consistency and getting a large amount of the targets his way are over. IMO, he'll be one of those guys you can never count on to start because he'll be your classic XOXO...game on, game off.

:D

I stayed away from him in ALMOST every league..I grabbed him after I had Smith and Housh, AND Galloway, thinking..i'll never need to start him..just depth...pffft...thanks Joe. I knew I could count on you.

I have drafted or trade for Horn for that last seveal years and always felt he was under rated FF wise. I trade for him mid season last year and can tell you there were problems brewing. Some of it migh have been Brooks, but Horn always had decent numbers even with Brooks poor play. Last year Stallworth started cutting into Horn's numbers when he was injury and things never got back to the typical distribution. For the first time ever I saw Horn dissappear in several games. I choose to say away from him this year and the game last week was a continuing trend from last year. I would be concerned at this point, but I Horn was on my team I would wait a few weeks before deciding to do something. Brees is a much better QB than Brooks and Horn my bounce back. I did pickup Colston last week, but still think it may be a long shot for him to actually become a starter on my team. I think two more weeks will tell us a lot more.