[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

unfair veto

KILRGT 50

i made an offer of Willie parker & Plaxico Burress for Larry Fitzgerald and Cincy def.

My team:.......................... Team I traded with

D. Brees......................................... M. Bulger

T. Holt............................................. L. Fitzgerald

P. Burress....................................... R. smith

L. Tomlinson.................................... D. Rhodes

F. Gore............................................ K. Jones

D. Jax............................................. A. Bryant

E. Moulds....................................... R. Brown

K. Warner....................................... C. Williams

J. Witten.......................................... C. Brown

W. Parker........................................ m. Hasselbeck

C. Portis......................................... W. Lundy

B. Edwards..................................... N. Rackers

R. Gould......................................... Chi Def

TB Def ............................................Cin Def

I have enough rb's that i can spare willie, but I need a top wr, he desperately needs rb and a wr. Seems fair to me, What does everyone think? Our Commissioner vetoed it!!! :D

I'm sick of vetos. The guy you traded with got the best of the deal, IMHO. However, if that is what you want to do then it is your team to do with it what you like. Unless the two of you are cheating then there is no reason to shut down this or any trade.

I agree the other guy got the better deal, I just would feel better with a better wr and back up def. I also agree that this trade shouldnt of got vetoed.

I am the commish in my league and there is NO way that I, or any other commish should be the end all/ say all on vetoing a trade. If it is questionable, it should be discussed and ultimately put to a league vote. That's like saying George Bush could send a bunch of troops to Iraq for no apparent reason with nobody else having any say, uhhhhh... nevermind, he did that. :D

Edited by KUBJPO01

What is written in your rules?

Does not matter so much what we think as it does what is written in your rules....if there is any way an owner can appeal...or the league can over-ride / over-turn the commish....on what grounds can the commish veto...what keeps the commish in-check.....

Or is this a yahoo league.....LOL.....

What is that qoute about absolute power.....

:D

Does not matter so much what we think as it does what is written in your rules....if there is any way an owner can appeal...or the league can over-ride / over-turn the commish....on what grounds can the commish veto...what keeps the commish in-check.....

I must confess, it IS a yahoo league. :D

"Unlimited power is corrupting,

Absolute power is kinda fun"

hell yes it should be veto'd. it is clear that one of the owners is getting the better end of the deal and we simply cannot have that. all trades must be statistically even, make perfect sense, be easily digestable, and not pose a threat to the other teams. a team actually improving itself via a trade, or a team owner making themselves more happy with their team via a trade, must be stopped. why, if we let this go on, we will have stronger teams and happy owners. that, my friend, is not what fantasy football is all about.

The way we handle trade stuff in our league is each owner is issued a challenge at the start of the season. If you have a problem with a trade during the year you contact me (the commish) with the reason for the dispute and in turn will send out an email stating that a owner (I never say who) has an issue with the trade and give them the owners reason for the dispute. Then I set up a poll on the site and all the owners except the two in involved in the trade vote to see if it goes through or not.

I like that system because it gives all owners equal chance to challenge a trade but if they are doing it simply because they don't want a team in their division to have a good player then the rest of the league will see that vote against it so this can't be used for abuse.

I don't think the commish should have the right to veto any trades at all.

This is very clearly and obviously a fair trade. Any Commissioner that would veto this trade is either afraid of allowing other teams to legitimately become better than his own, or he is just simply not very bright.

Either way, you've got a long season ahead of you with a Commish like that. There is no arguable position that can be made for vetoing that trade.

Here we go again...

NO, THE TRADE SHOULDN'T BE VETOED, THERE IS NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER OF COLLUSION OR INCREDIBLE STUPIDTY. THE COMMISH SHOULD BE HUNG BY HIS SHORT HAIRS AND FORCED TO WATCH THE NYJ/TEN GAME OVER & OVER AGAIN UNTIL HE QUITS AS COMMISH.

Now, go away or I will taunt you a second time.

DMD and WW must love leagues/commishes who vero trades as unfair...seems like a noob joins just to ask this question!

To be fair though, if I were invloved in a situation like this, I would ask the question on this board too, in order to gather objective opinions and present a case to show to the Commish.