[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

From the CrockPot-Week 2

PantherDave

I think it depends on how you want your chicken. One of my favorite things to do with a crockpot is make chicken for enchiladas, tacos, etc. At the end of a long day in the pot, the chicken easily shreds with a couple forks. Its very moist and has absorbed a lot of flavor from the spices. I think shredded chicken would work fine in jambalaya as well; you just have to go through the quick shredding process at the end.

How bout some details. Which pieces work best, what are the spices?

Thanks

How bout some details. Which pieces work best, what are the spices?

Thanks

Well, the spices are to taste but here's a rough idea:

Clean 4 chicken breasts and throw them into the slow-cooker.

Add good amounts of the following spices. Keep in mind that the chicken will cook for a number of hours and spice flavors will dilute so make sure you add enough:

Cumin

Minced Garlic

Chili Powder

Crushed Red Pepper

Garlic Salt

Cayenne Pepper

Either cut a lime into quarters and toss them in or add a good amount of lime juice. The former being the better of the two options.

Add 1/2 onion, chopped (sweet onion works fine) and a couple of chopped green chilis.

Throw in 3 whole chipotle peppers. Make small slices in the peppers but do not cut through.

Next add some chicken stock. You want the chicken breasts to be mostly covered.

Finally, add a little tequila....to your margherita.....then to the chicken.

Cover and cook for 6-8 hours. The meat should shred easily with forks when properly cooked through. Shred the chicken 30 minutes before you are ready to eat so that the chicken has more time to absorb the juices.

I'm constantly changing this, usually based on what I have on hand at the time, but this is a rough idea.

Well, the spices are to taste but here's a rough idea:

Clean 4 chicken breasts and throw them into the slow-cooker.

Add good amounts of the following spices. Keep in mind that the chicken will cook for a number of hours and spice flavors will dilute so make sure you add enough:

Cumin

Minced Garlic

Chili Powder

Crushed Red Pepper

Garlic Salt

Cayenne Pepper

Either cut a lime into quarters and toss them in or add a good amount of lime juice. The former being the better of the two options.

Add 1/2 onion, chopped (sweet onion works fine) and a couple of chopped green chilis.

Throw in 3 whole chipotle peppers. Make small slices in the peppers but do not cut through.

Next add some chicken stock. You want the chicken breasts to be mostly covered.

Finally, add a little tequila....to your margherita.....then to the chicken.

Cover and cook for 6-8 hours. The meat should shred easily with forks when properly cooked through. Shred the chicken 30 minutes before you are ready to eat so that the chicken has more time to absorb the juices.

I'm constantly changing this, usually based on what I have on hand at the time, but this is a rough idea.

You needs to get yo ass over to my house and make this shiat. A....SAP

Just cook it and fuggin eat it and let me know how it was-I won't be able to, as a golf trip to Pinehurst is on the schedule this weekend.

Ya know PD, you do everybody a favor and what happens? You get the armchair chefs (except bier of course) coming on here bustin' your balls. I got your back. :D

• 2 weeks later...