[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hugh's Fantasy Insight 101 is now in session

Hugh 0ne

WDIS?

Roy Williams vs Chicago

or

Lee Evans vs Miami

Roy Williams - Id like to think I should start him as he has HUGH potential, but will it ever be reached with this team?

Lee Evans - Last year he torched the fish in the 1st quarter, but then disappeared.

PPR league, standard scoring...

Which is the better start?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to start 2 of 3 QBs, who do you take?

David Carr @ Indy

Brett Favre vs. NO

Alex Smith vs. STL

The other issues I'm having:

Start Nate Burleson vs. Zona (other options include Mark Clayton and David Givens)?

Start Randy McMichael vs. BUF or Vernon Davis vs. STL?

Bench Wali Lundy, put McAllister in his starting spot (McAllister had been one of my flex) and put a WR or TE in at flex?

Any reason for me to play Norwood this week?

Thanks for the advice!!

OK, since a bunch of you fokkers decided to copy my Free Fantasy Advice threads last year, I've come up with a new name for my weekly thread. No worries, you'll get the same quality advice, just under a different title. :lol:

So, without further ado, class is in session. Anyone who does not raise there hand will be dealt with in an appropriate manner. :D

Fire away. :lol:

Let me start off by saying that I think the Vikings suck, and that you are a loser.

Second, weeks ago I made a post about the worst team I ever had. I'm not going to get into how I got into this mess, but, it is a keeper league that I traded away years of future to compete in the current year and it finally caught up to me. I made a trade to try to come away with a chance to win some games. I wanted to see what you thought of my efforts. It is a 5 person, 10 team keeper league. Performance & points per reception, with bonuses for lenghts of TD's. O.k. Here is the trade:

I gave up Tiki Barber, Reche Caldwell, Sammie Parker, L.J. Smith, & Nate Kaeding

I received Corey Dillon, Randy Moss, Terry Glenn, Tony Gonzalez, & Shayne Graham

My roster before the trade

QB: McNair & Leftwich

RB: Barber, W. Parker, Maroney, C. Brown

WR: Toomer, S. Parker, G. Jennings, Michael Clayton, Wilford :D

TE: L.J. Smith, Franks

PK: Kaeding

DT: Bucs

My roster after the trade

QB: McNair & Leftwich

RB: W. Parker, Maroney, C. Dillon, C. Brown

WR: Moss, Glenn, Toomer, G. Jennings, Michael Clayton, Wilford

TE: T. Gonzalez, Franks

PK: S. Graham

DT: Bucs

I definitely took a step back at RB, and will hope someone or something emerges in New England. However, I was concerned of the possibility that Tiki would get injured and retire, leaving me with nothing. Also, I was desperate to get something at WR. Moss might struggle this year, but, if there was ever a time to snag him, now was the time. I think Glenn is overlooked by many and should be solid. Gonzalez is a slight upgrade over L.J. Smtih, and Shayne Graham should be a slight upgrade as well.

That is my take, now, I'd like to hear yours.....oh, and yes, I know this team is still in trouble.

Morn' Hugh,

Nice to see you doling out sound advice for another FF season.

Wanted to get your thoughts on 3rd WR. Our scoring system is on signature line, as well as my roster. With my options, I am, dare I say it, considering benching R Moss until Raiders show if they have any backbone. My only other real option as I see it is to pick up Cotchery from the Jets and start him this week in place of Moss. Until I have more options (see how Gabriel and D Branch pan out over next few weeks), I don't have much left in the kitty. What do you think?

I need to start 2 of 3 QBs, who do you take?

David Carr @ Indy

Brett Favre vs. NO

Alex Smith vs. STL

The other issues I'm having:

Start Nate Burleson vs. Zona (other options include Mark Clayton and David Givens)?

Start Randy McMichael vs. BUF or Vernon Davis vs. STL?

Bench Wali Lundy, put McAllister in his starting spot (McAllister had been one of my flex) and put a WR or TE in at flex?

Any reason for me to play Norwood this week?

Point breakdown goes as follows...10 pts/TD, 2 PPR, 1 pt/10 yards rec/rush, 1 pt/20 yards passing, -4/INT

Thanks for the advice!!

Hugh, what would you do here? Just need to pick my RB2 and my WR3. Thanks man.

RB2

S Jackson @ 49ers - my pick

C Taylor vs Panthers - Huddle pick

WR3

Bryant vs Rams - my pick

Coles vs Pats - Huddle pick

R Williams @ Bears - Huddle picked Roy over my Bryant pick, but not as high as their pick of Coles

Pick 2

Dillon @NYJ

Bush @GB

TBell home vs KC

Pick 1

Houshmanzilly home vs CLEV

Burleson home vs ARZ

EWilford home vs PIT

MColston @GB

Pick 1

RMcMichael home vs BUF

Winslow @CIN

1 pt for Recp's, 1 pt for every 10 yards rush/rec, 6 pt TD's. Thanks.

QB - ??Delhomme??

RB - Tomlinson & Bush

WR - Fitzgerald & ??Jenkins??

TE - ??Desmond Clark??

PK - Rackers

DEF- Bears

Do you think I’m blowing it with this WR, QB n TE line-up?

I’m wondering about starting Jenkins over Galloway and starting Desmond over Dallas Clark.

Got have insight to starting Delhome over Leftwich and Carr?

Cheers

OK, since a bunch of you fokkers decided to copy my Free Fantasy Advice threads last year, I've come up with a new name for my weekly thread. No worries, you'll get the same quality advice, just under a different title. :D

So, without further ado, class is in session. Anyone who does not raise there hand will be dealt with in an appropriate manner. :D

Fire away. :lol:

What do you think about dropping Green for Pennington?

'Morning Hugh, :D

Got a couple of choices that I want a second opinion on.

League 1 Standard Scoring

RB: (start 2)

LT v. Ten

Dillon @ NYJ, TJones v. Det, Benson v. Det., Lundy@ Indy

Going with Dillon until the Chic. situation gets worked out

League 2 Standard Scoring

RB: (start 2)

LJ @ Den

Portis @ Dal, JJones v. Wash, Bush @ GB, CBrown @ SDC, Lundy @ Indy

Leaning towards Portis over JJones and Bush

WR: (start 3)

Roy Williams @ Chic

Driver v. NO

Glenn v. Wash

Williamson v. Car

Any reason to start Williamson over the 1st 3?

Thanks in Advance!!!!

I start Williamson over Roy Williams. All your other decisions are right on the money. Williamson is the primary target, and will get a lot of looks. The dropped passes last week should be a reminder for Williamson to pay attention, and I'm sure Childress reminded him of that.